How much should I charge for it?

Bassem

I want to start to develop and publish apps for clients, mainly web apps (Web-based content).

how much would I charge for it?

included:

splash screen 

progress bar

40 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

If you're only providing splash screens and progress bars I wouldn't charge very much at all.

= $    ?? 

1 hour ago, barsiksss said:

how much would I charge for it?

included:

splash screen 

progress bar

Splash Screen + Progress Bar = $0 ...

Nobody is going to pay for an app because it displays a splash screen and tells you how far along it is in it's quest to load nothing. Your app needs to do something.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

8 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Splash Screen + Progress Bar = $0 ...

Nobody is going to pay for an app because it displays a splash screen and tells you how far along it is in it's quest to load nothing. Your app needs to do something.

Jajajajaja sure it does something, it opens a website (webview)

4 minutes ago, barsiksss said:

Jajajajaja sure it does something, it opens a website (webview) 

We have a bunch of apps that do that already. Most are free.

If you want a good price estimate of your app from a third party, you'll need to tell that third party what service your app is offering. Right now all you've described is an app that only loads a single webpage, with no description of what that webpage is, and takes far too long to do it.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Try to find a client first, and then accept what the client gives you.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Like others have said, your applications would need to do more than what you have said if you want to charge for them. These are pretty basic and easy to code.

OSINT 

You need to charge for that. Making it an standalone app even if it's just a hidden browser it's marketing. You need to charge your time of setting up the dev account on the different application stores. Managing updates later on when new device goes out. It's not much but the app itself is not worth anything. You sell the service of setting up everything which is worth more than the app itself.

Back and forth with the client and setting up everything is at least 10-15 hours. I would charge setup time. Add charge for update and device support if needed. The app code itself would be the same for all client buying the app.

36 minutes ago, Franck said:

You need to charge for that. Making it an standalone app even if it's just a hidden browser it's marketing. You need to charge your time of setting up the dev account on the different application stores. Managing updates later on when new device goes out. It's not much but the app itself is not worth anything. You sell the service of setting up everything which is worth more than the app itself.

Back and forth with the client and setting up everything is at least 10-15 hours. I would charge setup time. Add charge for update and device support if needed. The app code itself would be the same for all client buying the app.

Finally, someone understands me ? 

5 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

Try to find a client first, and then accept what the client gives you.

Personally I would cut even/make a marginal profit to establish a reputation and client base. Without it your business won't last. Just food for thought.

18 hours ago, Netivity said:

Personally I would cut even/make a marginal profit to establish a reputation and client base. Without it your business won't last. Just food for thought.

There is no problem with that, I'm just not sure about the pricing.

On 2/21/2019 at 10:50 AM, barsiksss said:

I want to start to develop and publish apps for clients, mainly web apps (Web-based content).

how much should I charge for it?

what the app does:

opens the client's website ( with progress bar ) and splash screen

How long would it take you to create such an App?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

18 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

How long would it take you to create such an App?

It's not relevant, I'm selling the result.

If you need such an app how much are you willing to pay? 

$25 an hour x3 markup fee

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

3 hours ago, barsiksss said:

It's not relevant, I'm selling the result.

If you need such an app how much are you willing to pay? 

Uhm.... yeah it is relevant.

Let's say I'm willing to pay you $50.

Okay. But it takes you 10 hours to complete. You're gonna work for $5/hour? That's literally below the poverty line in an industrialized modern nation.

Now, if you live in a country with an economy that permits you to live off of $5/hour, then yeah - no problem there.

As a freelance professional, you definitely need to balance what clients will pay, but you also need to value yourself and your work and pay yourself enough to at least get by.

I have no idea what would be the going rate for such an App. But I imagine it'd be on the lower end - maybe $250 to $500 for such a simple app? These are total guesses based on what value I would associate with what is basically just a wrapper for their existing site.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)