Widows 8.1 can piss off

Am I the only one that is having ridiculously stupid issues since updating to 8.1 (I know I'm not)

I mean every startup is different, sometimes it takes a while and sometimes it comes right on. Sometimes the fucking wireless spazzes out when it resumes from sleep sometimes it doesn't, sometimes My Touchpad gestures work on startup, sometimes they don't.

I mean every time I turn on the computer it's like embarking on a new troubleshooting adventure. 

Dear Microsoft.  please die in a fire.

*rant over

But seriously is anyone else here having issues?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Am I the only one that is having ridiculously stupid issues since updating to 9.1 (I know I'm not)

are you sure you got a legit version of windows? xD

are you sure you got a legit version of windows? xD

Fixed xD

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

i'm loving 8.1 ... BRING ON THE HATE!

I'm not the only one who has had these issues. I work at Best Buy and so many computers are having similar issues. I have updated as many drivers as I possibly can to 8.1 ready drivers and still it is absolutely shit.

Why Microsoft, why did you have to ruin your operating system...

Hail Sithis!

As for the boot speed, most of the time it takes me like 6 seconds from the press of the power button to the login screen but sometimes it stays on the blank screen between the boot logo and the login screen for like 5 seconds.. I have Windows 8.

Never really had any other problems with it. I avoid the Windows app store completely. (I still have 7 on my laptop and netbook. I used to have 8 consumer preview on my laptop back when Msoft released it but I went back.)

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

I have yet to have any issues with Windows 8.1. I made it look like Windows 7 for ease of use though <__<

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

8.1 is the most flawless windows OS i have been on

im not trolling its true

maybe this OS is too good for u? :P

No, I'm too flawless for it *flips hair and snaps fingers*

I have had so many varying issues, they're completely random too. I can't find a single issue other than the Operating system...

Hail Sithis!

i'm loving 8.1 ... BRING ON THE HATE!

I don't mind windows 8, mostly because of the speed.

big

As for the boot speed, most of the time it takes me like 6 seconds from the press of the power button to the login screen but sometimes it stays on the blank screen between the boot logo and the login screen for like 5 seconds.. I have Windows 8.

Never really had any other problems with it. I avoid the Windows app store completely. (I still have 7 on my laptop and netbook. I used to have 8 consumer preview on my laptop back when Msoft released it but I went back.)

Some times it comes on in about 10 seconds. I enter my password and it's right up and running. sometimes it hangs after my password is in, sometimes it goes black where the loading screen should be and takes an extra 10 seconds. I have no explanation for this

Hail Sithis!

I'm not the only one who has had these issues. I work at Best Buy and so many computers are having similar issues. I have updated as many drivers as I possibly can to 8.1 ready drivers and still it is absolutely shit.

that's sooo weird i literally only had 1 issue with 8.1 so far and i fixed it within like 5 minutes..

BosIQA8.jpg

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

I don't mind windows 8, mostly because of the speed.

Windows 8 seemed to have a lot less issues than 8.1

I still prefer 7. If they just updated 7 to use the new kernel and speed improvements EVERYONE WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY!!

Hail Sithis!

No, I'm too flawless for it *flips hair and snaps fingers*

I have had so many varying issues, they're completely random too. I can't find a single issue other than the Operating system...

eh ive fixed some 8.1 systems its ussually some sort of generic virus, malware etc

BosIQA8.jpg

That is literally the least of the issues at this point. 

Hail Sithis!

The problem I've found is that the drivers aren't even developed for 8, they're 7 drivers made to work on 8.

eh ive fixed some 8.1 systems its ussually some sort of generic virus, malware etc

Nothing is on this computer that is of that nature.

Hail Sithis!

The problem I've found is that the drivers aren't even developed for 8, they're 7 drivers made to work on 8.

It's not like it's even no name generic bullshit components. It's a Lenovo Y580 with an I7-660m- and Intel Wireless. I mean how can you go wrong with that?

Hail Sithis!

It's not like it's even no name generic bullshit components. It's a Lenovo Y580 with an I7-660m- and Intel Wireless. I mean how can you go wrong with that?

Lenovo's are twitchy.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Why make drivers when you can say "F*ck the OS"

i have one of those

its a pain in the ass although most laptops are. drivers for windows 8 suck for the y580

Lenovo's are twitchy.

They really aren't though...

Hail Sithis!