Widows 8.1 can piss off

Honestly, give a reinstall a shot. I was having issues once, and I reinstalled and everything was fine.

It`s windows, what do you expect?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Windows 8/8.1 is the biggest pile of shit if you're using wireless. I've had nothing but problems with the wireless, i'm going to buy a powerline adapter, since it doesn't require any special software on your pc, then i'll upgrade to windows 8/8.1. The wireless issue is the ONLY issue stopping me from upgrading to 8/8.1

Lol, buy yourself some cheap ASUS Wireless Lan PCIE card and your golden, at least i am :-)

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

I am currently not having any other issues. Every time it boots up quick and my drivers and software are running fine. I guess it isn't that good with some hardware/software. :/

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

StartIsBack ftw

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

I'm not having issues with 8.1 because I'm still using 7. 

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

The only issue that I'v encountered so far was not getting my HTC One working with Fastboot Recovery Flash, but this HTC's fault more than Micro$oft's. Had to use my laptop W7 to Fastboot.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

I have yet to have any issues with Windows 8.1. I made it look like Windows 7 for ease of use though <__<

Tell me how you did it, I have "start is back" but I want to kill metro AFAP I never want to see it again.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Tell me how you did it, I have "start is back" but I want to kill metro AFAP I never want to see it again.

Get the uxtheme patches and get a Windows 7-like theme.

Intel's Win 8 drivers for their wireless cards are crap, they've been trying to fix them for a while now.

My machine boots from POST to Desktop in like 3 seconds on 8.1 on my SSD. Also the usage of CPU/RAM is almost non-existent. 

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Windows 8.1 for me has been fantastic. It's a lot faster the Windows 7 I have no complaints.

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

I switched over from 7 pro to 8.1 pro to get shadowplay to record in a single video file, instead of multiple chopped up ones, and I am kind of regretting it.

So many little problems...

I am not even complaining about interface issues, since there are ways of getting around this, but actual program issues are becoming absolutely making me want to choke whoever gave the idea to make tablet OS a full desktop OS.

I am not even complaining about interface issues, since there are ways of getting around this, but actual program issues are becoming absolutely making me want to choke whoever gave the idea to make tablet OS a full desktop OS.

Like what?

Like what?

3DMark, Logitech Gaming Software, ASUS motherboard programs, bunch of games crashing more than it should (some of them I expect to crash after certain amount of time).

3DMark, Logitech Gaming Software, ASUS motherboard programs, bunch of games crashing more than it should (some of them I expect to crash after certain amount of time).

Currently using LGS and Asus AI Suite 3 and never experienced any issues with them (made sure that AI Suite 3 and LGS is up to date?). I have used the 3DMark Demo and didn't have any problems with it but it could be different if you are using the paid version.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer