Nintendo takes a hit........it was a critical

brownninja97

XupRmS5.gif

So nintendo is getting shit on in the stock market

ku-xlarge.jpg

RRaWIbi.gif

That happened today which is major, its a massive drop

ku-xlarge.jpg

Weirdly even with the wii doing so well a while bad their shares have gone down and they have gone badly.

This is has happened as someone at nintendo said that they will not hit 9 million wii u sales and its unlikely that they will sell even 3 million. Its a shame because if nintendo go down then they will drag many great games with them, eg Pokemon, legend of zelda, mar(fuck that fat plumber), bayonetta and many more.

If they make a pokemon game on the wii u, just leaf green or something but in hd it will be a console seller defo.

http://kotaku.com/nintendos-toughest-year-ever-starts-pretty-much-now-1503448737?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

tumblr_moplarpsUq1s5h198o1_500.gif

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Make a great Pokémon MMORPG for PC and then they will kick Microsoft's and Sony's ass! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Developer aren't able to develop good game for the system the Wii proved that, Nintendo shouldn't make another console after the WiiU it's not a good idea for them to continue.

Its a shame because if nintendo go down then they will drag many great games with them, eg Pokemon, legend of zelda, mar(fuck that fat plumber), bayonetta and many more.

If Nintendo were to go bancrupt, I think they would begin selling some of their IP's like Mario, Pokemon and Legend of Zelda. It probably wouldn't be the same, but atleast the games would have the possibility of living on.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

This is our dream since we were childs.

Nintendo doesn't listen :/

Well then they deserve it those greedy basterds! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Well then they deserve it those greedy basterds!

Nintendo is anything but greedy.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Not going bankrupt for a long time, its hilarious to see articles like "Why Nintendo will go bankrupt in 2014!". In order for that to happen then would need to make like a $10 billion loss in a year, erm no. Anyway If your one of the strange and sadistic people that actually want them to go bust (shame on you!) then I have some news for you.

"Buried in reams of financial data is the revelation that Nintendo have 812.8 billion Yen (£6.7/$10.5 billion) in the bank - enough for it to take a 20 billion Yen loss (£163/$257 million) every year until 2052. Then there's almost 469 billion Yen (£3.8/$6.0 billion) held in premises, equipment and investments. When that runs out - we're in the year 2075 by this point - they've got some of the most valuable intellectual property in gaming to sell off before the company goes out of business."

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

The 3ds is the most successful console ever, its made very cheaply so the profits are very high, where did all the money go?

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The 3ds is the most successful console ever, its made very cheaply so the profits are very high, where did all the money go?

3DS was sold at a loss until June 2012. Profits are probably not too high (As in no where near Apple levels)

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

What do you expect them to do? Give them out for free?

When people got mad over the price of the 3ds, they dropped it. When people got mad over the price of the WiiU, they dropped it. Most of their 3ds games are $40 rather than $60. They don't charge you for online play. Nintendo is one of the least greedy game companies I've seen.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Give me the dahm Pokémon game for PC :P

nintendo's problem is that they are targeting children/young teens with there consoles which was fine until one generation of children/young teens (this one really) what to play the 'grown up games' which the consoles arent powerful enough to do really, so they have lost there target market to sony/microsoft

Just a guy with a beard

Not going bankrupt for a long time, its hilarious to see articles like "Why Nintendo will go bankrupt in 2014!". In order for that to happen then would need to make like a $10 billion loss in a year, erm no. Anyway If your one of the strange and sadistic people that actually want them to go bust (shame on you!) then I have some news for you.

"Buried in reams of financial data is the revelation that Nintendo have 812.8 billion Yen (£6.7/$10.5 billion) in the bank - enough for it to take a 20 billion Yen loss (£163/$257 million) every year until 2052. Then there's almost 469 billion Yen (£3.8/$6.0 billion) held in premises, equipment and investments. When that runs out - we're in the year 2075 by this point - they've got some of the most valuable intellectual property in gaming to sell off before the company goes out of business."

No point bragging about what Nintendo has in the bank if they have no plans to do anything with it.

Other people have also pointed out: "If Nintendo have much this cash, Why aren't they using it to their advantage?"

The Wii U could have been better if Nintendo was willing to invest the extra dosh to make a more powerful and therefore, appealing system to customers. The lack of power is one of the main reasons why it's not selling right now.

Why didn't they buy Atlus and let Sega come in and take them over? They had the cash and could have drawn in more customers with the persona series etc.

Nintendo should be going out there, buying up developers in financial trouble (Capcom) and gain access to valuable and appealing IPs.

Sitting around and doing nothing while saying "Please Understand", is insulting to customers who dropped 200$ - 300$ on a Wii U, It's why I've been saying Iwata should go for years because it seems like he does not get the market.

This stock drop only further proves my point, Investors are losing faith in Nintendo. They won't go bankrupt for a long time sure, but they may end up a Japanese Gaming version of Yahoo!.

No point bragging about what Nintendo has in the bank if they have no plans to do anything with it.

Other people have also pointed out: "If Nintendo have much this cash, Why aren't they using it to their advantage?"

The Wii U could have been better if Nintendo was willing to invest the extra dosh to make a more powerful and therefore, appealing system to customers. The lack of power is one of the main reasons why it's not selling right now.

Why didn't they buy Atlus and let Sega come in and take them over? They had the cash and could have drawn in more customers with the persona series etc.

Nintendo should be going out there, buying up developers in financial trouble (Capcom) and gain access to valuable and appealing IPs.

Sitting around and doing nothing while saying "Please Understand", is insulting to customers who dropped 200$ - 300$ on a Wii U, It's why I've been saying Iwata should go for years because it seems like he does not get the market.

This stock drop only further proves my point, Investors are losing faith in Nintendo. They won't go bankrupt for a long time sure, but they may end up a Japanese Gaming version of Yahoo!.

The lack of power is not why it isn't selling. It's not selling because people don't have a reason to buy it. The Xbox One/PS4 have little power compared to many PC's, yet they're selling. The Wii is still the most sold console behind the Playstation 2, and it had little power. Not only that the Wii U sales are picking up now that there are actually games for the darn thing, but it may be too late.

Another example is the Vita, I heard before it came out that had a lot of power and would dominate the 3DS, but now it's considered a complete failure. The Gamecube arguably had more power than the PS2 (no load screens) but the PS2 is currently the most sold console.

I think Nintendo is fine, AMD has pocket change stock and they're still in business, yet no one here seems too worried about that.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Developer aren't able to develop good game for the system the Wii proved that, Nintendo shouldn't make another console after the WiiU it's not a good idea for them to continue.

Implying there will be a ninth generation of consoles? Yeah, right. 

One could look at it this way; with the phasing out of dedicated video-game consoles on the horizon, it's not really a far fetched thought of Nintendo going the same way as Sega, though due to completely different causes. When a company fails to stay competitive in certain areas, the company will either go out of business or resources will be relocated. The first option is obviously out of the question in Nintendo's case, looking into the foreseeable future.

I've never understood the fuzz about larger companies under performing financially from a consumer standpoint. All it seems to boil down to is either brand loyalty or fear in change, or perhaps both. In the unlikely event of Nintendo actually going out of business, your beloved franchises won't disappear, they will be sold of and room will be made for others to innovate in the hardware department. 

Carry on.

well for me the wiiU was bad for games but ill shortly be buying one either new or used for when super smash bros and mario kart 8 comes out.

I'm sure these are going to be the best 2 games out for the console where Nintendo will rely on them to boost sales.

Oh and also maybe bayonetta 2

Implying there will be a ninth generation of consoles? Yeah, right. 

That too, but I see the Wii and WiiU as not being just a cheap PC with determined spec.

Because that what the other consoles are, made since at some point but not anymore.

When people will realize that in tech.. the actually performance of a company does not relate to increase share value.

Nvidia stock already drop massive some time ago, despite high sales and releasing a great well reviews products. I have already seen other stocks at some point, despite disappointing sales, went up really high.

You can't relate things. That is why it said that tech stock are risky. You don't know what will happen, it all about perception from the investors, speculations and such.

Curious how it's doing compared to Sony after the drop.  Anyone that's not a stock noob can enlighten me?

Reaping what you sow. The awfulness of the original Wii has come back to hurt Nintendo and will probably linger for awhile. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

When people will realize that in tech.. the actually performance of a company does not relate to increase shares.

Nvidia stock already drop massive some time ago, despite high sales and releasing a great well reviews products. I have already seen other stocks at some point, despite disappointing sales, went up really high.

You can't relate things. That is why it said that tech stock are risky. You don't know what will happen, it all about perception from the investors, speculations and such.

But Nintendo needs the funds to pay for Cano's and King Felix's salaries. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Nintendo have f**k tons of money so I highly doubt this is going to effect them.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15