Nintendo takes a hit........it was a critical

brownninja97

Developer aren't able to develop good game for the system the Wii proved that, Nintendo shouldn't make another console after the WiiU it's not a good idea for them to continue.

Thats untrue they coose to just cache in on the novelty most times than making something good. There were plenty of good games on the wii and quite a few on the wii u with a good nunber slated to come.

nintendo's problem is that they are targeting children/young teens with there consoles which was fine until one generation of children/young teens (this one really) what to play the 'grown up games' which the consoles arent powerful enough to do really, so they have lost there target market to sony/microsoft

The wii u is perfectly powerful enough especially for the games that are on it currently. yes its what the original wii should have been graphically but o well what are we Going to do about it now?

The wii u is perfectly powerful enough especially for the games that are on it currently. yes its what the original wii should have been graphically but o well what are we Going to do about it now?

we are going to wait and see what nintendo does next :)

Just a guy with a beard

Thats untrue they coose to just cache in on the novelty most times than making something good. There were plenty of good games on the wii and quite a few on the wii u with a good nunber slated to come.

I'm not saying there's not a single good game on the Wii/WiiU but that except for Nintendo and Ubisoft, the list is pretty small.

I'm not saying there's not a single good game on the Wii/WiiU but that except for Nintendo and Ubisoft, the list is pretty small.

Yea, but that is where you have most of the games. EA is not making any games for it, and refuse to publish any games that they have for it.

Then you have Activation, indi games, and Nintendo published games (Platnium games, which I beleive that Nintendo will buy them out probably, especially if Beyoneta 2 is good, and pushes WiiU sales.)

But you know what.. the game list is not huge.. but unlike the Wii... the WiiU has a nice list of quality games, and not mass shovelware. So it has something.

I think the wii U may be the last non portable console, the DS is simple too good for them to abandon as a platform.

Also known to his peers as Lord Scrubby McScrubington

Completely disagree. The only place I see Nintendo have a bad reputation is forums like these where it's filled with mainly PC gamers. No one's saying the Wii U should have met the Wii's success, I doubt even Nintendo expected that much, so I don't know why you're saying the Wii makes Nintendo fail because it was successful and the Wii U won't be.

Developers aren't lining up to make triple A titles for Nintendo after the Wii debacle. Yes, it's one of the best (the best?) selling consoles of all time, but few owners bought any games for it. Why would most gamers buy a new Nintendo console that looks like a revision 2 of the last, terrible console? They wouldn't. That's one of the main reasons why Nintendo is struggling now.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Developers aren't lining up to make triple A titles for Nintendo after the Wii debacle. Yes, it's one of the best (the best?) selling consoles of all time, but few owners bought any games for it. Why would most gamers buy a new Nintendo console that looks like a revision 2 of the last, terrible console? They wouldn't. That's one of the main reasons why Nintendo is struggling now.

So how do you explain XBox and PlayStation doing the same thing 3 times in a row where as Nintendo makes 3 consoles with wildly different gameplay capability?

Xbox and PS owners actually buy games (because the games and the hardware were actually good). Wii owners never did. I won't get into why the Wii's hardware is horrible because the main reason why developers don't care about the Wii U is because is Wii was a monumental flop in software sales.

Xbox and PS owners actually buy games (because the games and the hardware were actually good). Wii owners never did. I won't get into why the Wii's hardware is horrible because the main reason why developers don't care about the Wii U is because is Wii was a monumental flop in software sales.

If you mean third party, yes. You are so very wrong when you say software sales were a monumental flop. You couldn't possibly be more wrong, in fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Wii_video_games

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

If you mean third party, yes. You are so very wrong when you say software sales were a monumental flop. You couldn't possibly be more wrong, in fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Wii_video_games

I was clearly not referring to Nintendo's 1st party titles. Notice that all of those top selling games are Nintendo published? Many of them were bundled! 

Those numbers are pathetic for a system that has sold over 100m units. Wonderful for Nintendo, but other developers aren't lining up to make multi-million dollar exclusives for their Wii U.

DIdn't @LinusTech mention something about Nintendo being to big to fail? Curious to see what he thinks of this, I figure that

Nintendo won't go down without a serious fight, the new smash bros has yet to see the light of day and they have so many options

that fanboys will go ape over. 

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

I was clearly not referring to Nintendo's 1st party titles. Notice that all of those top selling games are Nintendo published? Many of them were bundled! 

Those numbers are pathetic for a system that has sold over 100m units. Wonderful for Nintendo, but other developers aren't lining up to make multi-million dollar exclusives for their Wii U.

This has never been unknown, but it's really the only reason I even own a Wii U. I can buy pretty much any game that's released on consoles on the PC, except for a few that I don't care about. The only reason to buy from Nintendo is for Nintendo. Not to mention those numbers are far more impressive than game sales on the 360 or PS3 of which GTA V makes the top but doesn't even beat some of the non-bundled Wii games.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

DIdn't @LinusTech mention something about Nintendo being to big to fail? Curious to see what he thinks of this, I figure that

Nintendo won't go down without a serious fight, the new smash bros has yet to see the light of day and they have so many options

Nintendo isn't going to fail. They have too much money and extremely valuable IPs, as well as really intelligent thinkers. It's just that the Wii U has flopped, and the DS' market share has slipped. Nintendo will be back, but its console business could be quite different in 5 years (as will the rest of the industry).

3DS is selling very well. While I don't know the figures, it is doing well.

People do notice the difference between a 1$ game and a 30-40$ one.

yes he did, this is a fall but nintendo does have a lot of money, they havent reached the point of no return yet, however if another drop this scale happens again then there will be a major problem, i feel sorry for the employees, its likely that many people will loose their jobs soon because of this problem that has just occured.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The problem is that stuff like the 3DS and WiiU aren't revolutionary. The Wii sold cuz it had a new concept, movement driven controlles, yes maybe it wasn't that well implemented but I can tell you I had a lot of fun bowling in Wii sports with my family. It was a true family console with accesible games and controlles, that is what they did right. It wasn't for the hard core gamer, but the casual gamer I was at the time certainly enjoyed it, it was the first console I ever owned. Same goes for the DS, it was rugged, had a good system and was relatively cheap for its counter parts, there was a time when every1 had them. The 3Ds did nothing good or new (3d was just a stupid gimmick at the time and doesn't have any real value if the it isn't emersive) and the WiiU does nothing better then any other console, that controller is a xbox controller with a screen and has no movement possiblities, it is also underpowered and if you aim for the hard core gamer with out giving any of the feature that those gamers want you can't get succes. And because it does nearly nothing better then the normal Wii for most families there is no reason to replace the Wii, whcih still is the best way to get your friends angry whilest beating them in Super Smash Bros or Mario kart. 

Nintendo has great IP's but doens't use them, making a new Pokemon game for their DS platform isn't gonna do it alone. Make one for the WiiU (basicly the WiiU is an upscaled version of the DS the bottem screen is the controller and the top screen the TV), create great multiplayer. And of course for the next Wii type device they need to target the casual family gamer again with some really neat control system and good family games.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

i believe Nintendo should have waited instead of going in too early

they could have taken advantage of the time to actually make  games for the system

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

If Nintendo were to go bancrupt, I think they would begin selling some of their IP's like Mario, Pokemon and Legend of Zelda. It probably wouldn't be the same, but atleast the games would have the possibility of living on.

Call of Zelda: Generic FPS 5

Engage in the first ever Zelda FPS where you can kill Ganon with a number of different modern military weapons

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Call of Zelda: Generic FPS 5

Engage in the first ever Zelda FPS where you can kill Ganon with a number of different modern military weapons

And get the day one DLC Marios Vengeance for chance to play as Mario and Luigi*. All at the bargin price of $19.99. 

mariofps_1.jpg

*Luigi requires a skin pack at the extra price of $5.99

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

And get the day one DLC Marios Vengeance for chance to play as Mario and Luigi*. All at the bargin price of $19.99.

Posted Image

*Luigi requires a skin pack at the extra price of $5.99

You forgot one thing.

EA

*Linus and Slick thumbs up meme*

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Even if Nintendo begins to hit red they will simply transition from being a hardware and software developer to simply a software one. They have the brand recognition and IPs for it and i'm sure they would do fine as a publisher. I mean heck sega did that back in they day and all they had was sonic. Look at them now!... oh wait... oh no...

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

yes he did, this is a fall but nintendo does have a lot of money, they havent reached the point of no return yet, however if another drop this scale happens again then there will be a major problem, i feel sorry for the employees, its likely that many people will loose their jobs soon because of this problem that has just occured.

I truely don't believe Nintendo will go anywhere for quite a while, they have way to big a following. Although they might need to take a look at their expectations of sales.

Nintendo isn't going to fail. They have too much money and extremely valuable IPs, as well as really intelligent thinkers. It's just that the Wii U has flopped, and the DS' market share has slipped. Nintendo will be back, but its console business could be quite different in 5 years (as will the rest of the industry).

I totally agree, in my honest opinion I believe they failed for 1 big reason, there might be others but this one stuck out to me the most. 

ADVERTISING! I honestly had seen little to no ads before the Wii U was released and on top of that people I personally know thought the Wii U and I quote

"Is an accessory to the Wii". I actually argued with a person for a straight hour about how it was going to be a completely new console, that there was facts

about the product known before launch. It amazes me how many people believe it wasn't a new console, on top of that the naming could have been better

to signify that it was indeed a new product. I mean it was understandable that people believed the Wii U was an accessory when the sensationalist articles

only showed the controller and it's name has Wii in the title. I mean other then the NES and SNES their full consoles always had different titles.

NES

SNES

N64

Gamecube

Wii

Wii U

Maybe they thought because the naming convention on the hand held systems were all similar that it wouldn't make a difference to consumers.

Gameboy

Gameboy Pocket

Gameboy Colour

Gameboy Advanced

Gameboy SP

Nintendo DS

Nintendo DS lite

3DS

2DS

That's all off the top of my head to give the best example of a consumers perspective, and when I used to work in retail I witnessed parents

confusion when buying the hand held's. So I gotta ask what were they thinking?

*EDIT*

Sorry for the rant.

/rant

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

II totally agree, in my honest opinion I believe they failed for 1 big reason, there might be others but this one stuck out to me the most. 

ADVERTISING! 

Due to my disappointment with Wii games, I didn't even pay any attention to the Wii U, so I had no idea that it was released until months afterwards! Good job, advertising, Nintendo! 

• 3 weeks later...

Thats kinda been like that for as long as I can remember for nintendo consoles?

few owners bought games for it? No toms of peopel bought it and games but many of the games bought were those $10-$20 ones you could get at checkout that were just using the gimmick of the motion control which really game the wii a horrible image.

It flopped in AAA titles because companies didnt really integrate the controls well with them. Also for many of the biger name maiily motion controlled games there was usually a cheap shitty knockoff someone bought because it was half or less than half of the price.