Hacking Nvidia's Drivers!

10 hours ago, papajo said:

Give me a brake will ya? XD 

I just ordered that card to install it to my grandmahs PC because I visit her for a couple of weeks during eastern... 

So I thought this would be a nice low budget sollution to pass some time by gaming on her i3 4gen system (Which I build for her to be able to make videocalls with my family) 

The internet connection she has obviously is crappy AF I need like 5 hours to download a nvidia driver + I dont have many days infact I am leaving on the second of May so I have no time to tackle this.. 

I thought it was just a matter of downloading the chinese driver after purchasing the card but the problem is that the chinese seller sends you a baidu link which even when you manage through rigurus googletranslate to get the password for it you have to have a chinese phone number in order to register to baidu and be able to download it...

I wasnt worried about the Chinese messing with the driver because

A) even though I dont know wtf is going on to make a fresh driver working for that card I didnt think they could like hack it completely in order to spy me or corrupt my pc and that they have no incentive to do that since they want to get rid of their stock and bad publicity on their driver would be bad for their sales..

B) its my grannys PC if they would like to spent manpower and computer resources to check whenever she searched webmd or something on the web or talk via skype to my parents then ok let them be my guest ... Also the computer has a crappy internet connection aswell + is mostly turned off when I am not around so yea it would be usless even as a slave in a botnet... 

So I guess since nobody had time to link me a driver I guess I have to reasearch on it on Christmass or something when I visit my granny again. 

Can't you people read or something? You don't need to modify the driver, just download 417.22 from Nvidia's website then open Registry and search for AdapterType or go to this destination and try looking for AdapterType in one of the folders (000, 001, 002..etc) 
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\
now just double click on AdapterType and change it to 4 and hit ok or simply delete AdapterType as a whole. Then below it, you will find EnableMsHybrid double click on it and change it to 1 instead of 0, hit ok, reboot the pc and then open Nvidia control panel and make the P106  the default GPU and you are set to go.

regedit_G9BMk0nugy.jpg

On 4/26/2019 at 4:16 PM, Mile said:

Are names for AMD OpenGL DLL files any diferent?

I have no experience with AMD platform, it should be in different name.

On 4/23/2019 at 4:30 AM, Mirror Reaper said:

No! works on any config. the only thing that I am waiting for is someone to confirm whether the fix I found works on a gen3 or earlier CPU or not. If you have a gen 4 or newer it will work.

Hi, thanks for your work. I have tried it on a Gen1 Intel CPU platform, the Nvidia control panel is work, but DirectX games still go to iGPU instead of P106. Vulkan and Opengl game can work (after deleteing the Intel Opengl ICD dll files)

15 hours ago, Mirror Reaper said:

You don't need to modify the driver

You need to modify driver only if you want PhysX support.

5 hours ago, dartraiden said:

You need to modify driver only if you want PhysX support.

GPU-Z_ASUS_ROG_2.18.0_v2MWyToraM.jpg

OK so, I have successfully gotten my P106-100 to work thanks to all the posts made here. Thanks! :)

HOWEVER, I have a glaring issue that I haven't been able to solve yet. You see, my P106 is running at PCIe 1.1 x4 speeds!!! Even though GPU-Z says it can run at PCIe 1.1 x16!!!!
As you can imagine, this bottlenecks the performance of the card greatly. I can get full performance in games that don't fully utilize the PCI bus speeds (like JUMP FORCE), but games like GTA V with strenuous usage take a big performance hit.

I tried using two different processors, I3-7100 and I7-6700, and the FPS on GTA V were the same!!!

What do you think could be the cause? Personally, I'm thinking the motherboard may have something to do with it, but I'm not really sure yet. Can anyone please share their working hardware configurations with this card? 

My system is as follows:

• Intel core I3-7100 or I7-6700
  • ASUS H110M-E/M.2 motherboard
  • Crucial 16GB ram 2133mhz

Thanks in advance :)

34 minutes ago, luk234 said:

OK so, I have successfully gotten my P106-100 to work thanks to all the posts made here. Thanks! :)

HOWEVER, I have a glaring issue that I haven't been able to solve yet. You see, my P106 is running at PCIe 1.1 x4 speeds!!! Even though GPU-Z says it can run at PCIe 1.1 x16!!!!
As you can imagine, this bottlenecks the performance of the card greatly. I can get full performance in games that don't fully utilize the PCI bus speeds (like JUMP FORCE), but games like GTA V with strenuous usage take a big performance hit.

I tried using two different processors, I3-7100 and I7-6700, and the FPS on GTA V were the same!!!

What do you think could be the cause? Personally, I'm thinking the motherboard may have something to do with it, but I'm not really sure yet. Can anyone please share their working hardware configurations with this card? 

My system is as follows:

• Intel core I3-7100 or I7-6700
  • ASUS H110M-E/M.2 motherboard
  • Crucial 16GB ram 2133mhz

Thanks in advance :)

It could be due to the fact that you are installing the GPU in the second PCIe most motherboards have the first PCIe run at X16 and the second at x8 (like mine) or x4.

I only have 1 GPU and the mobo only has 1 PCIe x16 lane, so that's not it. I'm considering picking up an used b250 chipset mobo sometime next month to try it out, since I can't really think of anything else that could be limiting my bandwidth like this :/ 

11 hours ago, luk234 said:

I only have 1 GPU and the mobo only has 1 PCIe x16 lane, so that's not it. I'm considering picking up an used b250 chipset mobo sometime next month to try it out, since I can't really think of anything else that could be limiting my bandwidth like this :/ 

Then it has something to do with the bios settings. Go to bios and look for PCIe settings and you may find how to manually set it to x16.

On 4/27/2019 at 1:35 AM, Mirror Reaper said:

Can't you people read or something? You don't need to modify the driver, just download 417.22 from Nvidia's website then open Registry and search for AdapterType or go to this destination and try looking for AdapterType in one of the folders (000, 001, 002..etc) 
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\
now just double click on AdapterType and change it to 4 and hit ok or simply delete AdapterType as a whole. Then below it, you will find EnableMsHybrid double click on it and change it to 1 instead of 0, hit ok, reboot the pc and then open Nvidia control panel and make the P106  the default GPU and you are set to go.

regedit_G9BMk0nugy.jpg

I did this on 3rd gen and it still doesn't work. After selecting high performance on the nvidia control panel Gpu-Z and other BenchMark programs still use Intel HD Graphics :/

4 hours ago, diogofcr said:

I did this on 3rd gen and it still doesn't work. After selecting high performance on the nvidia control panel Gpu-Z and other BenchMark programs still use Intel HD Graphics :/

Yes, someone commented that only games that run using Vulkan or OpenGL use the P106 GPU.
"for OpenGL games to work, you could try delete Intel graphics Opengl ICD driver as following:

1. search under x:\Windows directory for ig?icd32.dll, and ig?icd64.dll, the '?" is one digit number, such as ig4icd32.dll ig4icd64.dll in my case

2. reboot into safe mode, and delete these DLL files

3. reboot again and then OpenGL game will use P106 GPU instead of iGPU"

6 hours ago, Mirror Reaper said:

Yes, someone commented that only games that run using Vulkan or OpenGL use the P106 GPU.
"for OpenGL games to work, you could try delete Intel graphics Opengl ICD driver as following:

1. search under x:\Windows directory for ig?icd32.dll, and ig?icd64.dll, the '?" is one digit number, such as ig4icd32.dll ig4icd64.dll in my case

2. reboot into safe mode, and delete these DLL files

3. reboot again and then OpenGL game will use P106 GPU instead of iGPU"

Thats sad, I wanted DirectX games ahaha

On 5/3/2019 at 11:02 PM, diogofcr said:

Thats sad, I wanted DirectX games ahaha

Not sure if on windows 7 it will be a different story, but you could give it a try.

I want to thanks Mirror Reaper so much, I can't describe it works so fine, I can open NVPanel, PhyX works great and things, after his settings I can even run the cenebench app which didn't work before, I specially made account here to thank Mirror Reaper, In past I couldn't use openGL but after setting it default from panel openGL works very nice.

Now I have few questions:-

I purchased this card for video rendering, but seems like I can only use this card for gaming. since DirectX OpenGL and PhysX works so:- 

Is there any way we can enable nvenc ?

How do you guys benefit from this card, like can we use I have seen some people using it for CUDA only, I would like to know.

I think it is incomplete without nvenc but still would like to know. 

also which apps do you use to benefit from this card, 

After Effects? Premiere Pro?

I would appreciate if you can list few apps we can benefit with this card.

Thanks

I also think DX12 don't work, benchmark says DX 11.

And anyone had success with hackintosh with this card?

9 hours ago, Saumil said:

I want to thanks Mirror Reaper so much, I can't describe it works so fine, I can open NVPanel, PhyX works great and things, after his settings I can even run the cenebench app which didn't work before, I specially made account here to thank Mirror Reaper, In past I couldn't use openGL but after setting it default from panel openGL works very nice.

Now I have few questions:-

I purchased this card for video rendering, but seems like I can only use this card for gaming. since DirectX OpenGL and PhysX works so:- 

Is there any way we can enable nvenc ?

How do you guys benefit from this card, like can we use I have seen some people using it for CUDA only, I would like to know.

I think it is incomplete without nvenc but still would like to know

also which apps do you use to benefit from this card, 

After Effects? Premiere Pro?

I would appreciate if you can list few apps we can benefit with this card.

Thanks

You are welcome. 
For me, I use it  for gaming and some photoshopping (mainly digital painting).
As for nvenc I have no idea. But I don't think it'"s because of the driver rather hardware, maybe nvenc chips are missing from such cards. 

"I also think DX12 doesn't work, benchmark says DX 11."
But you said DX11 works if DX11 works 12 should work too. try a game that supports DX12 (Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Metro Exodus  or something else) You can check which api the game is using by installing Afterburner and rivatuner (which is included with Afterburner) check youtube to see how to configure both if you don't know how to.
Also, what cpu do you have?  You are running Windows 10 right? 

chrome_jYMoilbKhv.jpg

The 417.23 driver works fine but what about any newer ones ? I mean what's the issue ?

Mirror Reaper, congrats on the great job about the EnableMsHybrid reg key, as it solves all the problems on Windows 10 by allowing access to Nvidia control panel.

The only thing is that this particular key is not present on Win 7 (I checked on a 4th gen PC) or perhaps it has a different name. Can you be bothered to look into it? (I thoroughly dislike Win 10 lol)

2 hours ago, Adr1an_ said:

Mirror Reaper, congrats on the great job about the EnableMsHybrid reg key, as it solves all the problems on Windows 10 by allowing access to Nvidia control panel.

The only thing is that this particular key is not present on Win 7 (I checked on a 4th gen PC) or perhaps it has a different name. Can you be bothered to look into it? (I thoroughly dislike Win 10 lol)

like i said in my post u need to have the intel dhd graphic drivers installed

I'm talking about Windows 7, the EnableMsHybrid reg key is not there even with the Intel driver installed. In Win 10 (on the same machine) it is present.

Look I am on a budget for things and like to save money but instead of buying some mining card just spend the extra $100 or so to get a new GTX 1060 6 GB and have the warranty and be done with it.  Heck also if you got to go used they are only $200 now used and are the real gaming card.  Also with the cheap AMD offerings out there that perform as well or better the heck with Nvidia. (Coming from a guy that pushed Green Team forever .. PhysX)  Get an RX 570 for $179 or $199 and maybe be lucky to get free games with it and also have a new card.  

5 hours ago, ImNotDeViLzzz said:

Look I am on a budget for things and like to save money but instead of buying some mining card just spend the extra $100 or so to get a new GTX 1060 6 GB and have the warranty and be done with it.  Heck also if you got to go used they are only $200 now used and are the real gaming card.  Also with the cheap AMD offerings out there that perform as well or better the heck with Nvidia. (Coming from a guy that pushed Green Team forever .. PhysX)  Get an RX 570 for $179 or $199 and maybe be lucky to get free games with it and also have a new card.  

I got this p106-100 at 50$ shipped. here in my country new 1060 6GB cost 350$ and I did benchmark for p106-100 some of results are even higher than 1060 6gb.

also check my next post too.

also OPENGL, Cuda, DirectX, PsyX and everything works OOB, for miners these cards are useless now, why would anyone waste this nice card.

PS: I am using it on my new system:- i5 9600k, 16gb DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, p106-100 6GB. works amazing 

ac1.png

Untitled copy.jpg