So what's this new scam?

Bitter
2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Xtra-PC-Turbo-Bring-old-outdated-slow-PC-to-Powerful-life-into-a-PC-16G/153194821646

I assume it's some free Linux based OS being sold on a cheap USB key for a huge markup? I'm curious, but not $30 curious. Anyone know someone with a bunch of disposable budget that loves to review pointless junk?

maybe it contains one of those programs that promise to speed up ur pc

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

1 minute ago, ki8aras said:

At first I thought that, but the directions talk about USB booting.

2 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

Nope it boots it up into linux.

Just now, Firewrath9 said:

i bet it just has a virus on it.

Possibly, might also be a bootable OS that logs activity or hijacks your PC to crypto mine or any number of other nefarious things. You should buy one and let us know!

Just now, Bitter said:

Possibly, might also be a bootable OS that logs activity or hijacks your PC to crypto mine or any number of other nefarious things. You should buy one and let us know!

hell naw man im good

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

Just now, Bitter said:

no, i shouldn't buy it becuase im not going to waste 30$. mabye you should buy it.

17 minutes ago, Pi31415 said:

Nope it boots it up into linux.

That's what I'm assuming it does, being low latency solid state memory and most Linux distro's being very light weight means they run much 'faster' than Windows from a 5400RPM coffee grinder.

16 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

no, i shouldn't buy it becuase im not going to waste 30$. mabye you should buy it.

Well I don't want to waste $30 either. But I do have this fence over here that's a ton of fun to paint, want to come try it out?

If you want to get the same result, buy your own USB drive and boot Linux from it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

If you want to get the same result, buy your own USB drive and boot Linux from it.

Very aware of this, but thanks. I have multiple USB sticks with Xubuntu on them and somewhere one with that weird Live USB Windows 7 thing you used to be able to do.

You see this pop up now and again. If you can sell it then good for you ;) 

Funny thing: in the pawn shops they have multiple laptops with just this as they dont wont to pay for a W10 license :D 

1 minute ago, Jtalk4456 said:

image.png.dd1004e3b1484612c4142ea0c7961172.png

Haha great find, mystery solved! I bet there's a clause with Mint that says it's not for commercial distribution.

59 minutes ago, dyamondz said:

Let's talk about the fact that they've sold +350. WTF.

Users.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

8385454193_aa204dec75_b.jpg

Hello, IT department? Yes I need you to come down, my drink holder keeps closing itself.