A new build and a question about the 2070

Exeon

So I'm going to build a PC for my wife, she only has a Craptop right now.

She does game, but she won't need more than 1080P/60FPS right now
I'm going with something I would build for myself while I was on a tighter budget (around 800€)

The current setup I'm thinking of is as following:
I3-8100 (125€)
EVGA GTX 1060SC (6GB) Single Fan (210€)
Samsung Evo 850 250GB (Free I have a spare)
WD 2TB HDD (67€)
Corsair DDR4 RAM 2400mhz 16GB (110€)
XFS TS 550w 80 plus gold PSU (75€)
Asus prime H310 PLUS (82€)
Sharcoon DG7000 PC case (70€)
Cooler Master Hyper X Evo CPU cooler (23€)

I'm asking if anyone has anything that could improve on this system
I'm not sold on the PSU and I'm willing to look at any PC case that looks similar (DVD burner space and Red LED´s are still a must, 3 fans are incluided here)

I'm not sure about the MoBo either but I definitly want an Asus

The second question is if it's worth to spend 300€ Extra to buy a RTX 2070 to replace my 980Ti(with my own build I have a I5 9600K so there isn't any bottlenecks) and give my card to my wife instead, right now a full priced RTX 2070 going at around 500€ isn't worth it for the upgrade I'm getting.

Lastly I live in Belgium, I usually order from Amazon.De/Fr/Es or Uk, so keep this in mind.

Any help is much appreciated.

looks like a pretty nice build. I'm unfamiliar with that psu, but i know you can get some pretty nice ~500w EVGA PSUs for around 50-60 USD. 

If your wife also uses the computer for productivity, it may be worth looking into a ryzen 3 or maybe even ryzen 5 series CPU along with a b350 or b450 motherboard. It may cost slightly more for the cpu, but you wouldn't need an aftermarket cooler.

For your own GPU, you really won't need to replace a 980ti if you're gaming at 1080p. I wouldn't bother upgrading unless you're playing at really high framerates or higher resolutions

PCPartPicker part list: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Kg783b
Price breakdown by merchant: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Kg783b/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€157.90 @ Alternate) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer 33 eSports ONE (Black/White) CPU Cooler  (€29.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€83.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LED 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€112.38 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 580 8 GB Gaming 8G Video Card  (€215.94 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€49.98 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: be quiet! - Pure Power 11 CM 400 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€64.97 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €715.15
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-18 09:03 CET+0100

Ryzen for 6c/12t

You can swap the rx580 for a GTX 1060 if you want. They have dropped in price after the 2060 launch. You can find one for around 200 € now. 

Edit: now with German pricing... Reading is hard stuff

Wow. Reading is not my strong point today. Luckily the case fits a DVD drive. You could also go the black / red variant plus the black / red cpu fan. Probably a few € more expensive. 

If you want to get a 2070 for virtually 300 € depends on what games you play at what resolution and refresh rate. 

3 hours ago, Derrk said:

looks like a pretty nice build. I'm unfamiliar with that psu, but i know you can get some pretty nice ~500w EVGA PSUs for around 50-60 USD. 

If your wife also uses the computer for productivity, it may be worth looking into a ryzen 3 or maybe even ryzen 5 series CPU along with a b350 or b450 motherboard. It may cost slightly more for the cpu, but you wouldn't need an aftermarket cooler.

For your own GPU, you really won't need to replace a 980ti if you're gaming at 1080p. I wouldn't bother upgrading unless you're playing at really high framerates or higher resolutions

I'm unfamiliar with it as wel, I personally use a EVGA G2 Supernova 850w PSU, but that one has gotten quite expensive in europe.

The one mentioned is rated T2 on the tier list.

She doesn't need anything workstation-like

My wife will game at 60FPS, I'm currently gaming at 1080@144FPS but i do want to go to 1440p at some point I'm just unsure if the 2070 fits the bill with max settings, higher FPS is more important than resolution to me