dog thread

LukeSavenije
4 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

100_0472.thumb.JPG.6fb93ee85c6f37613a8f7b487ce9682d.JPG

SANY0005.thumb.JPG.c6bde7e8a87a079d70142bf2b47d304e.JPG

#TransformationTuesday

I know it's a monday dont @ me

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

54 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

I love BIG dogs and I cannot lie :D

I like that they can have a bit of a tussle with you, it's not a macho thing.. at least not for me anyway. I would love to have a pitbull, they are such lovely dogs... it's the bad owners that give dogs a bad name, they need to be disciplined when appropriate, same as you would your kids... except dogs learn faster what is NOT allowed. They can still be naughty and sneaky, but they are such loveable rogues that it's hard to stay mad at them... and they have such guilty faces, LOL.

Love big dogs as well. We had Chihuahua's before our now 80lbs each pitbull mixes and while I do miss those little guys (they were our children), bigger dogs are definitely better suited for us. We live on a farm and have lots of space, but aside from that, we just love that they are big, playful softies at heart.

That being said, we have to be careful when we get down and play with them. We can't rough-house with them like we did with the chihuahuas because these guys will hurt you, unintentionally - especially if you invoke their prey-drive. They don't know their own strength. We do play with them, don't get me wrong, we just do it in a safe way - using big tug-toys and things like that. They play extremely rough with each other (they're brother and sister), and if they think you want in on that kind of action, I found out the hard way, you're in for some hurt, lol. I have the bruises and teeth marks to prove it. ;) 

It's easy to see why they are targeted for fight rings when you see a glimpse of that prey drive combined with that strength, yet so sad that people train them and use them for that. They are so friendly and kind by-nature, for the most part. They don't want to fight, they just want to please and be loved. 

They are stubborn though. We've had to resort to stronger methods of training to put a halt to some behaviours, but wow, do those methods work quick... They do learn fast what is not allowed, indeed. And they need a firm hand, that's for sure. ;) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

On 1/15/2019 at 6:33 AM, Dylanc1500 said:

IMG_0694.JPG.bc838f5b67802e631cda3a88a5259f78.JPG

Looks like she's saying "WUT?"

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

I just saw a post on reddit (r/mildyinteresting) about how the OP's dog had webbed feet. I was reading through some of the comments and someone said that all dogs had webbed feet. I went over to my dog, Lucy and felt in between her toes.

She has webbed feet too!

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Deleted by poster.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

3 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

Looks like she's saying "WUT?"

Basically any time she gets into trouble. She's smart enough to know how to do what she wants, but then cover up her own tracks without any evidence. For example, she taught herself to open door knobs and levers, as well as pocket doors. She can open any type of trash can because she teaches herself how to open them and close them. Thank goodness she only does so if she wants to, which happens very rarely. However, her treat jar got relocated to the top of our pantry, since someone taught herself to open screw lids. Every time, this is the look we get.

4 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

Love big dogs as well. We had Chihuahua's before our now 80lbs each pitbull mixes and while I do miss those little guys (they were our children), bigger dogs are definitely better suited for us. We live on a farm and have lots of space, but aside from that, we just love that they are big, playful softies at heart.

That being said, we have to be careful when we get down and play with them. We can't rough-house with them like we did with the chihuahuas because these guys will hurt you, unintentionally - especially if you invoke their prey-drive. They don't know their own strength. We do play with them, don't get me wrong, we just do it in a safe way - using big tug-toys and things like that. They play extremely rough with each other (they're brother and sister), and if they think you want in on that kind of action, I found out the hard way, you're in for some hurt, lol. I have the bruises and teeth marks to prove it. ;) 

It's easy to see why they are targeted for fight rings when you see a glimpse of that prey drive combined with that strength, yet so sad that people train them and use them for that. They are so friendly and kind by-nature, for the most part. They don't want to fight, they just want to please and be loved. 

They are stubborn though. We've had to resort to stronger methods of training to put a halt to some behaviours, but wow, do those methods work quick... They do learn fast what is not allowed, indeed. And they need a firm hand, that's for sure. ;) 

Yeah, one of my other brother's had a rottweiler, Billy... he was such a lovely softie, unless people tried to touch his head and he didn't know them. He was given to my brother from his neighhbour, and we think he abused him... anyway, my brother and his GF used to walk him before they were given him, and cared for him, so it was a good thing when the guy moved and didn't want Bill. He had a great life after that. I met him when I stayed with my brother for 6 months in Australia, and after like 1 day I was able to bond with him and he trusted me enough that I could touch him on the head, he growled a little at first as he did anyone else, but I backed off and let him set the pace.. didn't take long at all. I used to walk him twice a day, it was HOT!, so couldn't walk him in the glaring sun and 35-40C heat, even though he wanted to, as he would've been shattered, as would I. We used to have a rough-house all the time, he loved it and I did too, he could put his front legs on my shoulders when standing, but it was awesome... people used to give me weird looks when we were in the front yard doing it, LOL. I miss him loads, we used to go on car trips and almost everywhere together. He used to come into my room sometimes when I was sleeping and get on the bed with me... we're talking single bed here folks, and squashed my legs to try and get me to get up cos he wanted some company as my brother was at work already. My brother, even when I wasn't there used to leave the back door open for BIll, as Bill slept downstairs under the house.. the house was on a slope, so it had 2 stories, the front of the house led straight to the 2nd story, so that was the one that was lived in so to speak. the 1st story had like utilities and an extra bedroom and washroom etc... anyway, so he left it open for Bill most days, as to get in that door they'd have had to go into the rear garden past Bill anyway, and that wouldn't happen, LOL.

Sadly, Bill passed away around 2012, and a year later my Brother came home as he missed Bill, and us of course, but mostly Bill... I still miss Bill, I counted him a member of the family as much as any of the others that we had. My mum even liked Bill, and she was scared of meeting him, like really scared... she just kind of stayed out of his way, or tried to, but Bill would sit near her, as he could tell something was up... so she ended up loving him too. I was trying to look for a picture of Bill, but I couldn't find one, I'll have to take a deep dive in my pictures and find one, if not I'll ask my brothers ex to send me one :D

Spoiler
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

58 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Basically any time she gets into trouble. She's smart enough to know how to do what she wants, but then cover up her own tracks without any evidence. For example, she taught herself to open door knobs and levers, as well as pocket doors. She can open any type of trash can because she teaches herself how to open them and close them. Thank goodness she only does so if she wants to, which happens very rarely. However, her treat jar got relocated to the top of our pantry, since someone taught herself to open screw lids. Every time, this is the look we get.

Wow, thought our old dog "Paddy" was the only one... that is amazing. We used to use old Nescafe coffee jars, he would knock them around the room until it got "stuck" somewhere, then put one paw on the jar to hold it there and spin the lid off with the other :D

... and yes that's where my username came from, that plus my nickname "stone". We've always seemed to have clever pets. I had a cat, that I got from my ex-girlfriend when she moved, he used to open the letterbox on the door, and then take his paws out quickly, basically knocking on the door with the letterbox... only problem is he would do this when he wanted breakfast at like 4-6am mostly, LOL. So I had to bluetack the letterbox down so he couldn't do it anymore, or at the very least qouldn't make so much noise. he was a very clever cat that one, his name was Lilly, short for Lilliput (my ex and her mum thought the cat was female when they got him, lol). She also had another younger cat named tigger, I had those cats for 11 years after I got them... they had a pretty good life :)

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

I came home Friday to a driveway that had no indication my sister had been home to drop off her pup, nor does he bark when people approach our house so when I opened the door I was S T A R T L E D but then very happy.

20190301_125056.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Sad news time guys, sorry if it bums you out... Henry had to be put to sleep unfortunately, his condition had advanced so much that he wasn't eating or drinking for 2 days, and IMO he wasn't enjoying his life any more, so we decided to let him go. I'm really missing him, he was a big part of our lives, but I couldn't let him be miserable. He had very bad legs, and a tumor on his spine making it worse. and also his kidneys weren't great either. We did what we could for him, but the vet said that his chances of surviving an op wasn't great, and might be kinder to let him live happy as long as possible, and then let him go if it became too much for him, so that's what we did. He had a good life I think, wasn't as long as I hoped because of his medical issues, he had 12 good years, we loved him like no other pet we ever had as he was so communicative and listened and seemed to understand almost everything we said to him... he was a VERY GOOD BOY!  - miss you buddy.

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

1 minute ago, paddy-stone said:

Sad news time guys, sorry if it bums you out... Henry had to be put to sleep unfortunately, his condition had advanced so much that he wasn't eating or drinking for 2 days, and IMO he wasn't enjoying his life any more, so we decided to let him go. I'm really missing him, he was a big part of our lives, but I couldn't let him be miserable. He had very bad legs, and a tumor on his spine making it worse. and also his kidneys weren't great either. We did what we could for him, but the vet said that his chances of surviving an op wasn't great, and might be kinder to let him live happy as long as possible, and then let him go if it became too much for him, so that's what we did. He had a good life I think, wasn't as long as I hoped because of his medical issues, he had 12 good years, we loved him like no other pet we ever had as he was so communicative and listened and seemed to understand almost everything we said to him... he was a VERY GOOD BOY!  - miss you buddy.

sad_derpy_hooves_by_afkrobot-d50040g.png

3 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

he was a VERY GOOD BOY!  - miss you buddy.

The best. Making the choice is never easy

11 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

8 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I agree with Luke. I'm so sorry for your loss (sincerely, no matter how trite it sounds). Losing a furry child, even though not the same, can be as painful as losing a human child.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

4 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The best. Making the choice is never easy

4 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I agree with Luke. I'm so sorry for your loss (sincerely, no matter how trite it sounds). Losing a furry child, even though not the same, can be as painful as losing a human child.

Thanks guys, it's been a hard few days for sure... I just wanted to do what was best for him. I never had kids, and so he was kind of my surrogate furry baby..  I tried to do everything I could for him BTW, he's had problems with his legs and stuff for a long time now, and only recently we found out about the tumor and possible kidney problems. In a way I'm glad he went relatively quickly when he got bad those last few days, I didn't like the thought of him hating life and being in pain etc all the time, as I know how that is from my problems. I don't believe in god and heaven etc, but I do believe there is something before and after death out there, and I take comfort that he is out there somewhere and living in some kind of existence that we can't perceive. If there is something out there I hope I can see him again some day.

Sorry I had to bring the topic down... please someone post some happy doogie pics :D

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

2 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

I don't believe in god and heaven etc, but I do believe there is something before and after death out there

Same

I'm gonna be a skeleton in the dirt feeding plants, but dogs? They go to heaven or somewhere amazing and you cant change my mind. 

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Same

I'm gonna be a skeleton in the dirt feeding plants, but dogs? They go to heaven or somewhere amazing and you cant change my mind. 

I think we all have somewhere else to go, not necessarily conscious of it though, like getting rebooted somewhere else and in some other form... we could all just be atoms floating around the universe for instance.

I am having Henry cremated, and we are spreading his ashes at his favourite spot (the one with him on the bench), where there are lots of things to smell, and other dogs and hikers etc, and a brilliant view of the coastline near my home... and when I go, I'm having the same basically. I can't believe that out of all the planets and other things in this universe that earth is the only thing with life on it... or that the only conscious lifeforms are on earth... that would be heartbreaking to think that all life stops with humanity - I would rage quit if I wasn't already dead at that point ?

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

1 hour ago, paddy-stone said:

...Sorry I had to bring the topic down... please someone post some happy doogie pics :D

No need to apologize. Death is part of life and, tough though it is, it's something we have to accept. You're among friends here and most of us here are willing to support grieving friends.

Jeannie

16 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

IMG_20190228_120731.jpg

He looks very happy :D

Has he got a bit of Newfoundland in him? the eyes/nose area looks very similar to me to a newfoundland.

16 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

No need to apologize. Death is part of life and, tough though it is, it's something we have to accept. You're among friends here and most of us here are willing to support grieving friends.

Thank you, appreciate it :)

16 hours ago, LinusOnLine said:

Solomon my Bedlington Terrier turned 8 years old Tuesday. So I figured I would show you guys the "cake" and a picture of him on the football fields :)

Cake.jpg

Solomon football fields.jpg

He looks nice. A bit too much like a poodle for me, but still lovely... don't ask why I don't like poodles, it's a long story :D

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

1 minute ago, paddy-stone said:

He looks very happy :D

Has he got a bit of Newfoundland in him? the eyes/nose area looks very similar to me to a newfoundland.

newfoundlander/Pyrenean mountain dog, so you're right

and she does. it's a she

44 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

newfoundlander/Pyrenean mountain dog, so you're right

and she does. it's a she

Ahh cool, in that case SHE is lovely :)

I like newfoundlands, Henry had a bit of a look to Newfoundland too, and boy was he strong too... I couldn't hold him if he wanted to drag me somewhere and I'm like 200 pounds or so and pretty strong. He was a proper Labrador, which originated from the Newfoundland's IIRC.

We're already talking of getting a new pup, it's weird not having a dog for me now and I miss him too much... Henry would understand us getting another dog luckily, he knew we wouldn't miss or love him less ??

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini