Ryzen "3700x", Ryzen 2700x or my Current fx-8350 for Gaming at 60Hz?

Just now, syn2112 said:

if it's dropping to 45 FPS because of the CPU then personally i would consider an upgrade, but it's up to you if you can tolerate it longer.

45 FPS is completely fine for me, it's as low as it seems, at least for me, especially since only recently I upgraded from 30Hz.

4 minutes ago, avrona said:

45 FPS is completely fine for me, it's as low as it seems, at least for me, especially since only recently I upgraded from 30Hz.

45 fps is acceptable with a 1080TI? You can't be serious.

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

45 fps is acceptable with a 1080TI? You can't be serious.

It is acceptable, especially since it's very rare. In most games I am constantly at 60fps, and in super demanding ones, I mainly hover around 50-60, once again with V-Sync.

7 hours ago, Majestic said:

A GTX 1080TI won't be really hurt in performance by even 8x PCI-E3.0. It will be a while before you notice a real difference with PCI-E4.0.

A 2080ti is hurt by 8x pcie 3.0 so if you want to sli 2080tis or get a gpu a couple gens from now it will matter. 4.0 is actually starting to be nessisary for dual gpus. 

7 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

and yet their newest GPU still on pcie 3.0.

amd admit the addition is just for the sake of update, no gpu will make use of it.

At x16 you would be correct but at x8 the 2080ti is actually being hindered by 3.0 not by much but enough to want to wait for 4.0. 

12 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

A 2080ti is hurt by 8x pcie 3.0 so if you want to sli 2080tis or get a gpu a couple gens from now it will matter. 4.0 is actually starting to be nessisary for dual gpus. 

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_RTX_2080_Ti_PCI-Express_Scaling/6.html

3%. The 8350 will hurt it a lot more than 3%.

On 1/13/2019 at 5:57 PM, Brooksie359 said:

And the 3000 series cpus won't. It is worth waiting if they are ok with their current performance. 

But is it worth upgrading at all though as my current performance is really good?

2 hours ago, avrona said:

But is it worth upgrading at all though as my current performance is really good?

You will notice the difference. I know I noticed the difference between the 8350 and the 1700 even when I was playing on a 60 hz 1080p monitor. 

4 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

You will notice the difference. I know I noticed the difference between the 8350 and the 1700 even when I was playing on a 60 hz 1080p monitor. 

But the thing is at 60Hz and 4k I'm already getting really good performance, so it just I happen to get a really good 8350, or will upcoming games from this year and next year completely ruin my performance?

3 minutes ago, avrona said:

But the thing is at 60Hz and 4k I'm already getting really good performance, so it just I happen to get a really good 8350, or will upcoming games from this year and next year completely ruin my performance?

I used to think the same thing. Then I switched and I had 0 dips below 60 fps in gaming. Also I played alot of battlefield and the 8350 didn't hold up well in that game. Newer games like Assasins creed and shadow of the tomb raider are making much more capable cpus struggle to give playable performance. You are going to want the better cpu for those types of games.  

4 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I used to think the same thing. Then I switched and I had 0 dips below 60 fps in gaming. Also I played alot of battlefield and the 8350 didn't hold up well in that game. Newer games like Assasins creed and shadow of the tomb raider are making much more capable cpus struggle to give playable performance. You are going to want the better cpu for those types of games.  

With my current rig, I am at a constant of 60 FPS in most games, with some more demanding ones being between high 40's-60, such as R6 Siege (all with v-sync on), so I don't know if it's just me being used to playing on 30Hz or something, but I really don't even see a difference when a game dips into the 40's. I currently don't have any big current games, as there hasn't just been any in a long time that peaked my interest, so we'll see when I get if the performance suffers a lot because of my CPU.

19 minutes ago, avrona said:

With my current rig, I am at a constant of 60 FPS in most games, with some more demanding ones being between high 40's-60, such as R6 Siege (all with v-sync on), so I don't know if it's just me being used to playing on 30Hz or something, but I really don't even see a difference when a game dips into the 40's. I currently don't have any big current games, as there hasn't just been any in a long time that peaked my interest, so we'll see when I get if the performance suffers a lot because of my CPU.

That is strange. I had pretty bad dips in certain areas in the witcher 3 which really made me switch. That and I had school work that needed the extra cpu power. The difference between 60 and 40 is pretty noticeable to me.  

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

That is strange. I had pretty bad dips in certain areas in the witcher 3 which really made me switch. That and I had school work that needed the extra cpu power. The difference between 60 and 40 is pretty noticeable to me.  

Maybe it's just that my 8350 is just better than the average one or I just personally can't see the difference too much.