What's your favourite open world game?

Paddi01

Topic.

Also give a reason why it is like that. No matter the platform.

For me it's Watch Dogs 2 because of it's immersive and varying city.

gta 5

bc it's very well made

I just installed watch dogs a couple of days ago, having played WD1 it's not that big of a change.

At least in game mechanics, the game is polished but not completely different. 

By no means am I saying WD is bad

It's just funny to see people to complain about bugs in GTA even though I've experienced way more BUGS in WD2

The isle cause dinosaurs are cool

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

Red Dead 2, GTA5(specifically with mods) 

Also, The Crew 2, and occasionally Horizon 4, but those are driving, but open world so I'm including them.

Watch Dogs 2 is great though, the world around you is pretty immersive, loads to do even after the game is beat. Just following people and listening to the conversations and doing those side missions is neat.

17 hours ago, Paddi01 said:

Topic.

Horizon Zero Dawn and Spider-Man, both PS4 Exclusives.

its the World in Horizon and the story as well as the Enemys. And a rather Cute main actor...

Spider Man has much to do, its a very interesting and fluid game, though some enemys are rather annoying...

The traversing through the city and all the Easter Eggs are amazing.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Ratchet and clank 
Well, semi-open

It'll probably have to be Skyrim, just because of the amount of hours I have put into it over the years.

There are definitely problems with the game though, so I am only somewhat looking forward to the release of Elder Scrolls 6 in like 7 years.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Really is a toss up between GTAV and Red Dead 2, i cant wait to see what Rockstar does with GTAVI, we just have to wait another 5+ years for them to milk Red Dead Online for every penny it's worth though :(

I love Rockstar for their single player stuff but their online shit can go die in a fucking fire lol 

Probably Red Dead 2

"People always fear change. People feared electricity when it was invented, didn't they? People feared coal, they feared gas-powered engines... There will always be ignorance, and ignorance leads to fear. But with time, people will come to accept their silicon masters."

Bill Gates

GTA V for me. I'm into warm colors in games.

In terms of beauty: Horizon Zero Dawn

In terms of detail: GTA V

I'm playing Assassin's Creed Origins right now and Ancient Egypt also looks amazing

13 hours ago, ahmedbatty said:

I'm playing Assassin's Creed Origins right now and Ancient Egypt also looks amazing

When you're done with it, give Odyssey a go too.  Very similar to Origins, i think im about 100 hours in and still not done with the main story, so much side content to do!