Facebook tracks android users even if they don’t have a Facebook account

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/facebook-android-privacy-data-tracking-skyscanner-duolingo-a8708071.html

Facebook's data collecting practices have once again been called into question, after a new report revealed that it "routinely tracked" people who do not use the app. 

Privacy International researchers found that 23 apps sent data to Facebook the moment a user opened them.

3 minutes ago, TheSaltyGaming said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/facebook-android-privacy-data-tracking-skyscanner-duolingo-a8708071.html

Facebook's data collecting practices have once again been called into question, after a new report revealed that it "routinely tracked" people who do not use the app. 

Privacy International researchers found that 23 apps sent data to Facebook the moment a user opened them.

i'm surprised facebook is still a company at this point.. this is insane

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

:(??:D?:P Damn it, I can't find the surprised face...   Oh that's right, I'm not!!!

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

What are they even gonna use all this data for? I don't even get the point.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

targeted ads. selling to companies who have a used for them. weaponised counterperson strategy. etc.

Eh, I guess you're right, but who doesn't use an adblocker nowadays?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Facebook tracks everyone even if they don’t have a Facebook account

FTFY

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Isnt Google, Microsoft, Facebook and a million more other websites and companies basically spyware/malware? they gather all your data without consent.

Including smartphone companies that track shit on top of what google tracks.

I've been running a "great wall of china" firewall for some time now, maybe it's time to start adding known corporate addresses...

Just wait and see as the Facebook will crash and burn after this. Oh wait, that totally won't ever happen. This is why these fucking corporations are running such practices. Because nothing ever happens to them. And reason why Google just allows it on PlayStore is because they are the same shit. I really hope they'll get sued in triple digit million numbers as minimum. Coz they only understand things when you slap them with painfully high fines.

The fact there was no notice or consent makes the matter even worse. Coz if I knew that app was in any way reporting anything to Fecesbook, I'd uninstall it and never install it again.

52 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

the concept of "malware as a corporate entity movement, and the ethics and ramifications of complete removal" is blowing my mind right now o_o

I’ll wait for the day when antivirus programs detect and flag Facebook as a “legitimate program exhibiting behavior characteristic of malware” ➡️ Quarantined ➡️ Deleted. xD

Edited by captain_to_fire

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

3 hours ago, yian88 said:

Isnt Google, Microsoft, Facebook and a million more other websites and companies basically spyware/malware? they gather all your data without consent.

Including smartphone companies that track shit on top of what google tracks.

They didn't gather it without your consent. It's in the EULA that you agreed to.

The problem is they're not saying what they're gathering.

4 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

LG's android launcher has the Facebook apps built in and you can't uninstall it without flashing your own ROM or rooting, but you can disable them I suppose.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

This is why I have removed all Apps on my phone I don't want, and have no accounts with social media for a couple years now. 

They are using this information to better understand the human condition.  Sure they sell some to target ads, etc.  But its to better understand us Plebs, and why we make the decisions and do the things they do - its a lot easier to control someone if they feel like they are making the decisions (but do not know that the path laid about before them was manipulated as such)

#tinfoilhat

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

4 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

You'd be surprised. Also, it's harder to block ads on mobile... especially if you use a dedicated app instead of a browser.

Even then, at the very least they can sell the data to amazon and others who can use it to recommend you products, make marketing decisions and more.

That wouldn't be a big deal, if it weren't for the fact that 1) there is no transparency to the user that this is going on and 2) this data can end up in the wrong hands (and it has in the past); companies that want to influence your vote, criminals who want to steal your identity, states that want to infringe on your basic human rights...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*