G2A charging users account fee for not logging in for 180 days?

Bouzoo
4 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Without your consent, if G2A would charge you directly from bank, no matter which country you live in, that would be illegal.

Yeah i know that, but i assumed that was what they are doing. But they are only charging the wallet (slightly less illegal imo), so i'm cool. I've only ever bought things directly and never loaded the wallet.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

3 hours ago, Noctus said:

Yeah steam has big event sales. But i've seen G2A with consistently lower prices throughout the year, and bought things from them because of it.

Just use isthereanydeal.com, then you get the best price from legit vendors. Maybe not quite as low as G2A but well worth the premium.

Just now, Sakkura said:

Just use isthereanydeal.com, then you get the best price from legit vendors. Maybe not quite as low as G2A but well worth the premium.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember them not listing deals like Fanatical 24h sales. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

8 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

What do you think?

Well....... Looks like they took a page out of Comcast's book of bullshit charges. Modem rental fee, TV box free, DVR Fee, Outlet fee, Broadcast TV Fee, Sports Fee, lets charge people to pay with Credit Card fee, Charge people to pay with Cash fee, or my favorite $60 for professional installation (You know fucking well those contractors have no fucking clue how to do a professional install) 

Needless to say they figured out how to squeeze more out of customers with bull shit fees. I work in food service, we charge 30 cents per slice of cheese, you should hear the people bitch. My thought is, If COMCAST can do it any one can do it. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I always hear too many people being ripped off by G2A, like if you can afford a computer to play games, I’m not going to be cheap on buying games. I always buy from steam or nzgameshop.

10 hours ago, sof006 said:

Pretty sure that's illegal. I'll be checking I don't have an account and if I do deleting it

as long as it's written in terms and conditions it's not illegal. It's a poor choice though for sure and they're gonna get a lot of flac for this, if not a lawsuit

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Is a G2A wallet akin to a gift card? Because a lot of gift card programs DO charge a monthly maintenance fee.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

It's almost as if all the companies are trying to take the "worst company of the year" at the tail end of the year.

Activision-Blizzard, Bethesda, EA (probably??), YouTube.. Facebook again and again.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

59 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

No, its more similar to steam wallet.

I'd argue that's the same thing. Maintenance fees on such things really aren't uncommon. Sure, not everything like this has them, but it's still not competely unreasonable either.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 hours ago, Strike105X said:

I see where your.coming by charging for that, only problem is that they've complaint about account management not once did they complain about wallet management being an issue, so it doesn't really click.

But it does make perfect sense, it could just be their way of wording it.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

5 hours ago, 79wjd said:

But it does make perfect sense, it could just be their way of wording it.

Are you really that naive? 

So this will be taken from account not paypal or credit card?

6 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Are you really that naive? 

To believe that this is a maintenance fee like so many gift cards charge rather than jumping to the conclusion that G2A is evil for doing something that's an industry norm...no, not naive.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

To believe that this is a maintenance fee like so many gift cards charge rather than jumping to the conclusion that G2A is evil for doing something that's an industry norm...no, not naive.

Industry norm? What industry norm? What companies do this so it became the norm? When literally no one of thousands of users never encountered something like this, how can you even consider calling a norm? Nor Steam nor Origin take money fron your wallet when you don't log in. Name a company that does it. Just one. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

Industry norm? What industry norm? What companies do this so it became the norm? When literally no one of thousands of users never encountered something like this, how can you even consider calling a norm? Nor Steam nor Origin take money fron your wallet when you don't log in. Name a company that does it. Just one. 

*insert gift card company here*

Lots of gift card issuing companies charge a monthly maintenance fee on inactive accounts. This really isn't much different.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, 79wjd said:

Lots of gift card issuing companies charge a monthly maintenance fee on inactive accounts. This really isn't much different.

Exactly which companies in the industry are those? 

Mind you, this is not a gift. There is a big difference betweeen a gift and this. 

15 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

I've never seen a gift card with a maintenance fee, nor an online store wallet with a maintenance fee (the more relevant comparison here).

And that's in Europe; bear in mind G2A is a European-Asian company.

1 hour ago, Sakkura said:

I've never seen a gift card with a maintenance fee, nor an online store wallet with a maintenance fee (the more relevant comparison here).

And that's in Europe; bear in mind G2A is a European-Asian company.

Also @79wjd

Here in the states, every gift card I've seen - in the last 10 years or more - says that they never expire.  Now, there are debit cards that are basically replacements for people who can't get a bank account due to financial troubles, and those have a monthly fee attached (once you go beyond a certain dollar amount), but those are regulated pretty heavily, too.

38 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Also @79wjd

Here in the states, every gift card I've seen - in the last 10 years or more - says that they never expire.  Now, there are debit cards that are basically replacements for people who can't get a bank account due to financial troubles, and those have a monthly fee attached (once you go beyond a certain dollar amount), but those are regulated pretty heavily, too.

In the US, Gift cards can't expire, but they can have something called dormancy fees after 1 year of inactivity in the form of at most one fee per month. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 hours ago, yian88 said:

So this will be taken from account not paypal or credit card?

Can you read? 

"This fee is €1 and is taken from the user’s G2A Wallet (if there are no funds on the Wallet, PAY does not charge anything)"

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

1 hour ago, 79wjd said:

In the US, Gift cards can't expire, but they can have something called dormancy fees after 1 year of inactivity in the form of at most one fee per month. 

Actually, you are correct (at least for gift cards that use Visa/Mastercard/AmEx/etc).  I have one from my XFX rebate that says that a $2/mo fee will be incurred if not used within 7 months.  Turns out, another one (these are long ago used, I just never threw them out) also says that the funds do expire after the date on the card, so I suppose the CC based gift cards actually do have fees and/or expiration dates.  It must just be the store specific ones that I was thinking of.

Is this just for G2A Pay accounts? (Which I think is their sort of "wallet/credit" type facility) and not just for anyone who's bought from them and made an account to complete the order?

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

1 hour ago, Jito463 said:

Actually, you are correct (at least for gift cards that use Visa/Mastercard/AmEx/etc).  I have one from my XFX rebate that says that a $2/mo fee will be incurred if not used within 7 months.  Turns out, another one (these are long ago used, I just never threw them out) also says that the funds do expire after the date on the card, so I suppose the CC based gift cards actually do have fees and/or expiration dates.  It must just be the store specific ones that I was thinking of.

Yeah, stores tend not bother with it since they likely make more money from the gift card itself whereas general purpose gift cards probably get lost less frequently.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Bawhydoh

Seriously, it can't cost a dollar a month to keep a few kilobytes on a database server.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|