Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Replace your Laptop! (with something worse!) - iPad Pro 2018 Review

Apple even sends it out folded, to save space and for everyone's convenience!

8086k

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, TempestCatto said:

Lol they thought they could make a Microsoft Surface killer? How cute.

I'm not even a Microsoft fan...but damn they know how to make a laptop

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

32gb storage

32gb ram

 

 

 

 

wtf...

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if it comes with the cool bent look out of the box like the other 2018 Ipads. LOL, I feel like everything apple is doing lately just pisses me off more and more as a consumer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do they want their devices to have curves, or to have angular edges? Like WTF the iPhones are all "sleek" and rounded off, and then here comes the iPad, throwing it back to the old days of sharp angles. 

And what's with the BS "edge to edge" marketing? 

I make intelligent lights do cool things

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Should rename the channel:

 

AppleHateTips

 

with the tagline of 

 

"We ignore anything else if we can point out ever flaw of an apple device only to say "Oh it's a very powerful device" afterward."

 

No comparisons to other tablets, just stick on the ONE thing that apple said "It can replace your laptop." Didn't review it as a tablet, reviewed it as a laptop. Says it should be a secondary device instead of primary. Yeah no shit they've always been secondary devices...

 

And no, we don't want MacOS to be more touch friendly (and if you knew anything about it, you'd know it already has launch pad). We hated windows 8 and Apple would not like to repeat that. 

 

But hey, if ragging on apple gets you views..... do what you gotta do right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, corrado33 said:

Should rename the channel:

 

AppleHateTips

 

with the tagline of 

 

"We ignore anything else if we can point out ever flaw of an apple device only to say "Oh it's a very powerful device" afterward."

They point out what flaws it has, and how other devices have already solved them. They also point out how their marketing to the wrong people who will ultimately run into those aforementioned flaws and find they're dissatisfied with the device. As Linus (or one of his writers) said "It's still a companion device." And too, it's priced much higher than the very thing it's trying to compete with, and does way less as well. It doesn't even run a full OS, just a mobile one. There's not too much you can do on iOS compared to MacOS or any other full scale operating system. The video quoted an artist who said it didn't really wow her. Now as someone who uses Yamaha Digital Mixing Consoles (the have a remote app to control the board), the only good thing about this new iPad is the screen size. I could have more faders in one space, but honestly, it's no where near worth it for me, or any other engineers who remote mix with their consoles. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

computer? what is that?

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

 

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

They point out what flaws it has, and how other devices have already solved them. They also point out how their marketing to the wrong people who will ultimately run into those aforementioned flaws and find they're dissatisfied with the device. As Linus (or one of his writers) said "It's still a companion device." And too, it's priced much higher than the very thing it's trying to compete with, and does way less as well. It doesn't even run a full OS, just a mobile one. There's not too much you can do on iOS compared to MacOS or any other full scale operating system. The video quoted an artist who said it didn't really wow her. Now as someone who uses Yamaha Digital Mixing Consoles (the have a remote app to control the board), the only good thing about this new iPad is the screen size. I could have more faders in one space, but honestly, it's no where near worth it for me, or any other engineers who remote mix with their consoles. 

They quoted a PHOTOSHOP artist. 

 

Every artist channel I watch online LOVES the iPad pro for drawing/digital art. 

 

Why the hell would you use photoshop on a freaking tablet? Photoshop is not an art program, photoshop is a photo editing program. 

 

The apple hate lives on. 

 

APPLE HATE FOR VIEWS!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

They quoted a PHOTOSHOP artist. 

 

Every artist channel I watch online LOVES the iPad pro for drawing/digital art. 

 

Why the hell would you use photoshop on a freaking tablet? Photoshop is not an art program, photoshop is a photo editing program. 

 

The apple hate lives on. 

 

APPLE HATE FOR VIEWS!!!

The only artist I know of who uses an iPad to draw on, doesn't do so exclusively. I don't personally know how high a resolution you can make a project, but whenever she publishes work from her iPad, the resolution isn't near as high as when she does it on her PC. Photoshop can easily be used to create art, but there are indeed much better programs for it. Just because of it's name, doesn't make it only good for editing a pic.

 

And since you weren't able to respond to any of what I said, and instead turn back to "Apple h8" I'm going to assume you don't have anything constructive to say.

 

Cheers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

The only artist I know of who uses an iPad to draw on, doesn't do so exclusively. I don't personally know how high a resolution you can make a project, but whenever she publishes work from her iPad, the resolution isn't near as high as when she does it on her PC. Photoshop can easily be used to create art, but there are indeed much better programs for it. Just because of it's name, doesn't make it only good for editing a pic.

 

And since you weren't able to respond to any of what I said, and instead turn back to "Apple h8" I'm going to assume you don't have anything constructive to say.

 

Cheers.

Don't bother arguing with him. All he does is get mad about anything you bring up that is a legit problem.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

 

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

 

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

 

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

 

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

They quoted a PHOTOSHOP artist. 

 

Every artist channel I watch online LOVES the iPad pro for drawing/digital art. 

 

Why the hell would you use photoshop on a freaking tablet? Photoshop is not an art program, photoshop is a photo editing program. 

 

The apple hate lives on. 

 

APPLE HATE FOR VIEWS!!!

I don't understand. They actually released somewhat positive reviews for the Mac Mini and Macbook Air 2018 most recently, so I don't quite understand this. And they basically said that it's not really a laptop replacement for anyone except artists (as since it does not have a headphone jack, or a file system I would agree with this statement).

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

the iPad pro isn't a laptop, and it probably never will be. it's just good enough at doing most things the average user does that Apple can market it as a device that can replace your laptop, as long as you don't need features that it doesn't have. 

 

comparing it against a surface is in my opinion stupid. Windows's touch experience is, in my opinion, f**king awful. 

She/Her

MacBook Pro 13" Early 2015 | i5 5257U | Intel Iris 6100 | 8GB Ram | 120GB SSD | macOS Monterey

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

The aspect ratios of this video are WAY off!!  

 

Lately this have happen a few times on LTT videos what is happening?

 

Anyhow I have never in thumbs down a video on YouTube but TLL videos might soon get one due to aspect ratios issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

There was this same argument 10 years ago when netbooks were competing with tablets. That argument was settled fairly easily:

 

101 Things You Can Do With a Netbook

 

Of course those highly paid tech journalists blowing the "Post PC" horn back then would scream that the laptop is dead. The only thing dead was Steve Jobs LOL

 

Apple's iPad is still a luxury toy unable to compete with the muscle of a full blown desktop OS and PC connectivity that a modern netbook provides.

 

My pick today for a "mobile work solution" would be a Surface Go outfitted with the desktop dock, 3440x1440 monitor, keyboard, trackball and a set of 2.0 speakers like the Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II. Compact enough to fit in a netbook sleeve, works as a tablet, yet can transform into a desktop computing experience UNLIKE an iPad.

 

Those that bit the bullet and still own a Surface Pro 2 were ahead of the curve considerably. THAT was the first real tablet worth my money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just died a little inside watching that video. :/ 

 

I think the issue is that people are trying too hard to force the iPad to conform to a traditional PC user’s idea of what a computer ought to entail, which means they will never be able to objectively evaluate what an iPad does excel in. 

 

You can’t judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Riley looking like a white man in an infomercial. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kroon said:

The aspect ratios of this video are WAY off!!  

 

Lately this have happen a few times on LTT videos what is happening?

 

Anyhow I have never in thumbs down a video on YouTube but TLL videos might soon get one due to aspect ratios issues.

Why would you dislike a video only based on aspect ratio? Does the info it contains not count as something to give it merit? That's a really flawed reason to downvote any video. I watch on a 21" 1080p 16:9 monitor and I have no issues with the aspect ratio they now film/render in. I have the black "cinebars" (as I call them) and it doesn't bother me one bit. Maybe when you have something to bring to the table in regards to what the video actually contains, then make a post about it (and do be sure to grammar and spell check it too).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×