Apple is charging $300 for replacement to fix iPhone 7 microphone malfunction affecting iOS 11.3 or later

Speedyv
1 hour ago, firelighter487 said:

I don't buy their products for the Apple logo. I buy them for the software.

No, that must be wrong. People only buy Apple because it's Apple; there is never a valid reason. People with valid reasons only ever buy Android, which is why Android/phones are competely without faults and are all dirt cheap.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

7 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

No, that must be wrong. People only buy Apple because it's Apple; there is never a valid reason. People with valid reasons only ever buy Android, which is why Android/phones are competely without faults and are all dirt cheap.

Android has loads of malware and bugs.... 

and Windows is also a buggy heap of trash. 

Apple products are usually also very nice hardware. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

sure. android only has loads of malware and bugs.... 

/s

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

10 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

Android has loads of malware and bugs.... 

Too bad MacOS and IOS are both being more heavily targeted these days. They still aren't to the level of windows, but they are increasing.

A lot of that has to do with companies catering to the executives and allowing them to use Macs on the network and the fact the majority of those people use apple phones. So it means you have a higher likely hood of hitting a high profile target in a corporate network.

In the last 2 weeks I have seen more Apple machines be targeted than our windows systems. Phishing payloads are also catering to apple products more now as well. The Shlayer crap though is about to get on my last nerve... if you have a Mac and see a popup saying adobe or one of the other products is out of date... don't click the damn thing. Go to the official website to check if you need an update.

*Edit* Fyi after the above stuff has been going on we have had a handful of executives request a Surface Pro to replace their Macbooks.

4 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Too bad MacOS and IOS are both being more heavily targeted these days. They still aren't to the level of windows, but they are increasing.

A lot of that has to do with companies catering to the executives and allowing them to use Macs on the network and the fact the majority of those people use apple phones. So it means you have a higher likely hood of hitting a high profile target in a corporate network.

In the last 2 weeks I have seen more Apple machines be targeted than our windows systems. Phishing payloads are also catering to apple products more now as well. The Shlayer crap though is about to get on my last nerve... if you have a Mac and see a popup saying adobe or one of the other products is out of date... don't click the damn thing. Go to the official website to check if you need an update.

Yea I have malwarebytes installed on my Mac just in case so i’m good I think...

She/Her

Just now, firelighter487 said:

Yea I have malwarebytes installed on my Mac just in case. I also have an antivirus on my iPhone so i’m good I think...

Better than nothing, but AV only knows what it knows in most cases. So 0day stuff is still a problem and/or slow AV updates. I doubt your phone AV does a full virus scan unless you initiate it... so it is only doing an On Access Scan... meaning if you download a 0 day it can hang out on your phone until you run a full scan to find it. That is why you should have a full scan performed weekly.

Meanwhile in heaven

Steve Jobs :

"You're talking into it wrong!"

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

7 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Better than nothing, but AV only knows what it knows in most cases. So 0day stuff is still a problem and/or slow AV updates. I doubt your phone AV does a full virus scan unless you initiate it... so it is only doing an On Access Scan... meaning if you download a 0 day it can hang out on your phone until you run a full scan to find it. That is why you should have a full scan performed weekly.

Lol I deleted that AV from my phone because you can’t actually scan with it lmao... it turns out it’s just a stupid password manager and vpn thing. 

She/Her