This guy put a lava lamp inside his PC and won't listen to us explaining why it's so stupid

his argument is it only changed his cinibench heat by 2c whilst he won't run any extended stress tests over time :/also yes that's a lava lamp

Anyone able to list reasons why this is stupid?

Screenshot 2018-12-17 at 14.17.05.png

I don't see anything wrong, I feel that his doing it right, or maybe there's really a problem that I dont know.

Main Rig

CPU: i7 3770K@4.7GHz

GPU: R9 290x 4G

HDD: 12TB Seagate 12TB BarraCuda

SSD: Crucial xm500

RAM: 4 GB DDR3 XPG 1600 x4

Monitor: Dell U2518D

Server

CPU: duo Xeon X5670 stock clock

Motherboard: unknown dell server motherbored

RAM: 64GB of unknown ECC 1600MHz ram

GPU: Nvidia Quadro P4000

HDD: x8 Dell 2.5inch SAS drive in raid, potenal speed of 800MB/s speed

SSD: NON

Case: Dell unknow server case

PSU: duo 700w server powersupply

Works laptop:

Model: Microsoft surface laptop 3

CPU: i5 1065g7

RAM: 8gb lpddr4x

Dongle: satechi aluminum mutiport adapter v2

SSD: 256gb stock

Comment: best laptop on my lap

I suck at writing this.

Just now, elon said:

I don't see anything wrong, I feel that his doing it right, or maybe there's really a problem that I dont know.

lava lamps run really hot, 60c + I think. So we're pointing out he's cutting off airflow and making the air he's trying to cool his pc with noticeably warmer

IMO it looks really stupid.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

1 minute ago, JamesHewitt said:

lava lamps run really hot, 60c + I think. So we're pointing out he's cutting off airflow and making the air he's trying to cool his pc with noticeably warmer

Case already looks choked af so I don't think the lava lamp is hurting it much more.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

it wont be a large problem because of its round shape, adding that his using a aio beside the gpu

Main Rig

Server

Works laptop:

I suck at writing this.

Not to mention that if that thing breaks for some reason, it won't be very pretty. But honestly from the amount of cooling fans he has in there, he might be okay if he actually monitored the temps after letting that thing cook in there for a bit

hmmm, too many fans in his case.

Main Rig

Server

Works laptop:

I suck at writing this.

people put novelty things inside there case all the time... If he wants to do that.. then let him.. its his case, his thermals.. No sense in bashing his decision for trying something and liking it. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Lava lamp is stupid? And lot of stupid colorful leds are not stupid, right? Or led motherboards animations? Or animated colors on fans?

Lights everywhere has the same sense as lava lamp. Both - led computer illumination and lava lamp inside case is the same circus decorations.

I recommend to anyone who likes lights, leds, colors and disco pc case to add fountain at the top of the case and put christmas tree lights around.

I mean it's not gonna increase the ambiance by more than 5ºC

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Seems fine. It appears some don’t know how pcs and airflow actually work. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

I don't think the lava lamp is any stupider than RGB everything inside a case. As long as there is no large heat increase in critical components, it's not going to do any harm. Why are you so concerned about it? It's his computer so he can do whatever he jolly well wants to do with it.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

10 hours ago, homeap5 said:

And lot of stupid colorful leds are not stupid, right? Or led motherboards animations? Or animated colors on fans?

Lights everywhere has the same sense as lava lamp. Both - led computer illumination and lava lamp inside case is the same circus decorations.

I recommend to anyone who likes lights, leds, colors and disco pc case to add fountain at the top of the case and put christmas tree lights around.

yea well every thing has to be special and different nowadays or else they cant charge extra money...

I recommend to anyone who likes lights, leds, colors and disco pc case to add fountain at the top of the case and put christmas tree lights around. LOL thanks for that. made my day

9 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Seems fine. It appears some don’t know how pcs and airflow actually work. 

yep.. or is how lava lamps work..

Look cool, 5/5 would recommend.

MB: Z390 Aorus Master | CPU: Intel Core i9 9900KS | CPU-Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB Push/Pull | Mem: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHz 14-14-14-34 | GFX: Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11GB | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | SSD: Corsair Force MP600 2TB NVMe | Sound Card: Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Case: FD Define R6 TG | OS: Win 10 Pro | Peripherals: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q | Dell U2719D | Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Glorious Extended Mouse Pad | Kingston HyperX Cloud Alpha | ModMic Wireless | DXRacer Drifting

Why does the OP care so much about what other people are doing?  Enough to create a thread trying to get people to agree with him.  Go ahead and link the dude with the Lava Lamp to this thread...

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

6 hours ago, TahoeDust said:

Why does the OP care so much about what other people are doing?  Enough to create a thread trying to get people to agree with him.  Go ahead and link the dude with the Lava Lamp to this thread...

2 COMPUTER ENTER 1 COMPUTER LEAVE

rad on the back, wifi adapter, 0 airflow case

dunno why ya'll surprised this dude put a lava lamp inside.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

He has a strix in there. Last thing he cares about is airflow.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz