Virus to speed up PC's?!

Deaderpool
51 minutes ago, SlimyPython said:

You got me, Bacteriophages are made up by the illuminati to perpetuate the myth of science, in reality they are using alien technology to create inventions. 

18 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

What? So they use a bacteria eating virus to synthesize a phase change material? I tried reading the source material but it didnt quite make sense

No they have the material already but the heat from current production methods is too high for the material to withstand. They use the virus in some wizardry way to be able to lower the production temperature to one that doesn't destroy the material.

Wouldn't biological computers degrade quickly if not fed?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

I remember hearing about PCM and Memristor tech for a while now and how it could replace current memory and data storage tech into one. One day. 

That's pretty awesome really. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Oh no my RAM has viruses now... what if they self modify and attack me aswell? sounds like a skynet scenario.

I can imagine in the future they will use genetically engineered  microbes to spy on us, nothing will be safe anymore.

Anyway i feel like those who have capabilities and money dont want to invest in new tech, so many revolutionary technologies news every year yet you dont hear any progress beyond that or any company trying to produce it and fail/succeed.

22 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

What? So they use a bacteria eating virus to synthesize a phase change material? I tried reading the source material but it didnt quite make sense

Did some reading, they use the bacteria as a scaffold to make the inorganic filaments that are used later on. Apparently using biological proteins as scafffolds is a bit of a trend lately. 

I’m guessing they use the bacteriophage because it’s easier to engineer it to express proteins that optimising the formation of their inorganic material. They site this paper that has a nice overview of it all. 

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.copbio.2016.10.015

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Imagine people being like..

"Dang i cant run crysis."

And people being like

"D O W N L OA D T H IS VI R U s" 

Nintendo fan boy and pc gamer at heart!!

On 12/10/2018 at 1:05 AM, Vettexl said:

A step closer to organic computing? Give it 20 years and we'll end up using computers like the Wraith do in SG:A

Then we can live forever and solve the overpopulation by harvesting the rest of human kind ?. Count me in.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

On 12/9/2018 at 3:54 PM, Deaderpool said:

working on 'Phase Change Memory' which may

Interesting concept, but I MAY be on the moon in a year.