Attention all LTT members, I need your snark

Radium_Angel

I work for a gov't agency and our morale is very low. Admin is clueless as to what to do and so, they've instituted a series of monumentally stupid ideas to "improve morale". Nevermind it won't, the problems are squarely rooted in admin, but that's not germane to the topic at hand.

WHat they have do, is have a "dear abby" advice column in the news letter. Stupid crap like "will we get raises this year?" or "when will the renovation be done to the east wing?" stuff like that.

They have encouraged us to submit questions for their news letter.

I have better things to do with my time but it's been hinted that each employee should submit a question (or more) for the letter.

My only question I can think of is as follows:

"Dear Abby,

When will the building facilities crew re-route the toilets to the Admin areas, so we can give back in the spirit of what we have been getting?"

Here's where I need your inner snark- what would you desperately like to ask the "higher ups" in your office, that you can't? Write them here and I'll use them in your place.

While it may not fix your work area, and I know it won't fix mine, it sure will feel good...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I don't have any valuable input, but your story reminded me of this:

619nty5kQjL._SY606_.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I am way too honest with my employer (well, manager really). For the past couple of months I have been bugging him to improve the PC's we work on (we work on a big server via RDP, but have PC's at our desks). These PC's are single cores from 2008, they make all the work painfully slow.

It seems to finally hit the right part of his brain. since we are likely gonna get an upgrade soon™

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

32 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

this

I have that printed out at my desk.

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

single core

I am *very* sorry for you. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Dear Abby,

When the company goes under in 2021 because we lose that super-important contract, just remember that every single one of us warned you about outsourcing new, important development projects.

Sincerely,

Seeking Employment

42 minutes ago, HarryNyquist said:

Dear Abby,

When the company goes under in 2021 because we lose that super-important contract, just remember that every single one of us warned you about outsourcing new, important development projects.

Sincerely,

Seeking Employment

Heh, good one, but I work for the gov't...we don't go under, we just abscond with more taxpayer money

Dear Abby,

This place is shit and you're a bunch of useless brainlets so I quit.

Yours sincerely, employee.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB