P106 NOW SUPPORT DirectX (Not Official)

SkySway
On 12/27/2019 at 11:35 AM, GIlangk said:

can i get a new link?

You do not need "special" or "modded" driver at all. Just use registry editor

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2018 at 4:55 PM, SkySway said:

I know my English writing can use some improvement, but Im confident that you guys can understand what Im saying

Here is that "cracked" Drive

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TN3MJlirDWNYvFanq3RI-EWZ9nDzGtFw?usp=sharing

maam, please send me a new link on this driver. . .i really need it please:(

On 12/28/2019 at 11:47 PM, dartraiden said:

You do not need "special" or "modded" driver at all. Just use registry editor

sir, not work on me, please give me an new idea, please

Dear all.

i have a gigabyte p106-100 v1.0

CPU: ryzen 3 2200g

Main: MSI 320 pro VH

I run drive NVIDIA 417.22, It ok.

But adobe premiere 2020 Just support driver NVIDIA V430. or newlest

help me

thank a lot

On 1/11/2020 at 3:53 PM, joann said:

sir, not work on me, please give me an new idea, please

We need details
Maybe a pre-Haswell system or something else

On 1/13/2020 at 11:22 AM, vunguyen said:

I run drive NVIDIA 417.22, It ok.

But adobe premiere 2020 Just support driver NVIDIA V430. or newlest

Keep in mind that P106 does not support NVENC, maybe CUDA too...

There is still no way to use the newer driver in Windows ( by the way, in Linux P106 works with the latest driver just out of the box without any hacks)

On 1/11/2020 at 3:41 PM, joann said:

maam, please send me a new link on this driver. . .i really need it please:(

This is the driver i use. Removed all components except the driver itself. inf file is patched.

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/DXSc/fArn7cMNs

• Windows 10
  • Go to BIOS → Disable SecureBoot (if enabled)
  • Open cmd as administator → bcdedit /set testsigning on
  • Reboot
  • Install the driver (setup.exe), test DirectCompute support presence via GPU-Z
  • add registry key for Nvidia Control Panel

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001]
"EnableMsHybrid"=dword:00000001

• Open cmd as administator → bcdedit /set testsigning off
  • Enable SecureBoot (if you want)
  • Set P106 as preferred GPU via Nvidia Control Panel and run any game

20 hours ago, dartraiden said:

We need details
Maybe a pre-Haswell system or something else

Running in a sandy bridge 2600k on asrock z77 motherboard. any Win10 version above 1903 refuses to work. so killed update services on a newly installed W10 V1903.
Points to be noted:
1. I can enable DX on the card just by using registry hack with original 417.22 driver but the card cant be used as hd3000 is not detected as power saving card.

Possible solve maybe spoofing the system by regedit to detect hd3000 as power saving. Need a master's help here.

2. Can run most old games using DXVK and Vulcan. Was able to run NFS heat (cracked version) on windows 7 using dxvk but not on win10. I dont have money  for buying the games to check compatibility so nothing to use other than cracked version. had battlefield 1 already bought and it works via dxvk. Cant run Easy anti cheat based games like Apex legends as they delete the dxvk .dlls or fails when loading. tried to swap in after anti cheat checks, the game loads but server kicks out after recheck during  practice. didn't try searching game as i don't wanna get flagged as cheater.

20 hours ago, Shibly said:

z77

So it's root of problem. You need Haswell or newer.

On 1/16/2020 at 10:50 PM, dartraiden said:

So it's root of problem. You need Haswell or newer.

well i can play games using dxvk, so not being able to play is not my point. what i want to convey is that can we do some tweaking in the registry to make the OS think that the hd3000 has capability of hd4500. all i want it is to spoof. linux can run the card via hd3000 just fine, so its driver specific problem on windows side. but if a hardware canbe spoofed as something else in the case of minig card why not the igpu?

Managed to run p106-100 in Windows10 1903 in on Sandy bridge 2600k on a asrock z77 board finally.

Steps taken:

1. Install W10 1903 and disable all windows updates.

2. Install all required drivers including vanilla 417.22 driver for nvidia and intel. Restart.

3. Apply registry hack to enable directx for p106-100. Restart.

4. Open device manager and uninstall the intel igpu driver and restart after uninstall. This should show Microsoft basic display adapter after restart.

5. Go to start and open Graphics setting and add game exe as like haswell or newer gen processors but the difference is you select the only available p106-100 as High performance card.

6. Run the game. The game will be very slow but it will run.

7. Go to graphics settings and make it borderless window. as long as it is in fullscreen mode it will not be able to use the card properly. If borderless is not available then just turn off full screen and use Fullscreenizer software to make it full screen.

And now friends you now have P106-100 running in your 2nd/3rd gen intel. And all those said that this is not possible, I will say to you: "Don't discourage a pathfinder fearing that he cant find the path like you, cause you will lose the chance to see that path be opened before you."
NEVER EVER CHANGE WINDOWS TO ANY OTHER VERSION AS WINDOWS ITSELF BREAKS THE CHANCE TO DO THIS IN OTHER VERSIONS.

EDIT: Vulcan and DX12 are broken for me atm. They fail to get more than 1200Mhz on the core and then gradually drop to below 300Mhz on core. DX11 works pretty well.

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (6).png

I have myself a Sandy Bridge Dell Optiplex 790 with i7-2600.

I am able to see only HD Graphics when try to select high performance GPU for an app / game. All the other steps ran fine, I have Directx enable as per GPU-Z.

If I uninstall on board graphics from Device manager P106 is the only option in graphics setting. I also managed to run the default GPU-Z texture render and the P106 is utilized.

However if the on board graphics driver is installed the P106 option disappear for high performance.

Since some of the games complain about screen resolution and color depth without the on board driver, I cannot utilize as I want the GPU. Still looking after an workaround.

Another issue I notice, in Sensors page of GPU Z the core clock shows 1900+ MHZ - I guess there some tweaked BIOS installed as the clock should be around 1500.

Edit: I was able to run Fortnite, works only in window mode (less than 1080p which is my native monitor resolution). Also Furmark is running. I can see a noticeable lower graphics performance than gtx 1060 6GB gaming card.

3 hours ago, ccristian2003 said:

I have myself a Sandy Bridge Dell Optiplex 790 with i7-2600.

I am able to see only HD Graphics when try to select high performance GPU for an app / game. All the other steps ran fine, I have Directx enable as per GPU-Z.

If I uninstall on board graphics from Device manager P106 is the only option in graphics setting. I also managed to run the default GPU-Z texture render and the P106 is utilized.

However if the on board graphics driver is installed the P106 option disappear for high performance.

Since some of the games complain about screen resolution and color depth without the on board driver, I cannot utilize as I want the GPU. Still looking after an workaround.

Another issue I notice, in Sensors page of GPU Z the core clock shows 1900+ MHZ - I guess there some tweaked BIOS installed as the clock should be around 1500.

Look at the post above. The problem with color appears when you skip step 5. It may seem idiotic but even though the only option is p106, setting that to high from default changes the game. And also the game will run very slow and wont utilize required gpu power unless you set it to windowed/borderless. fullscreen just dosent work. Also my card defaults at 1900+ as these boards have gpu boost. so as long as the card is cool enough it will boost high. I am running at 2100MHz with +200 core and 110 on power.
EDIT: Check step 7 for performance and full screen issues. you can run the game @1080p windowed and use fullscreenresizer. The performance penalty is due to the limited pcie gen 1.1 hard limit on the card.

I have the issue that after a reboot the HD graphics are automatically reinstalled and I have to manually uninstall each time and set P106 as High Performance for each app or game I need. Should I remove Intel drivers with DDU tool?

The termics are impressively nice, idle is 25 degrees Celsius and loaded like hell in Furmark do not reach 60 Celsius even after 15 minutes of load. I games stays at 52. Noticed that the cooler fans are by default set to 50% rpm, above some temperature, I think 50 starts to increase steadily the rpms.

16 hours ago, ccristian2003 said:

I have the issue that after a reboot the HD graphics are automatically reinstalled and I have to manually uninstall each time and set P106 as High Performance for each app or game I need. Should I remove Intel drivers with DDU tool?

The termics are impressively nice, idle is 25 degrees Celsius and loaded like hell in Furmark do not reach 60 Celsius even after 15 minutes of load. I games stays at 52. Noticed that the cooler fans are by default set to 50% rpm, above some temperature, I think 50 starts to increase steadily the rpms.

Disable windows update and auto driver install. google for both methods. no need to ddu, as I didnt ddu them. maybe ddu will work better but after trying to make it work for several months on and off, I dont have the energy to experiment anymore. your card maybe have a custom miner bios in it to set the fan like that.mine also runs always but not at 50%. mine Idles at 29 then revs up as required.

hi guys, i tested it in my laptop and works ok, but I wanted to see if it fits a desktop.. so you think that it could work with a ryzen cpu without integrated gpu (ie r7 1700x)? i have an older GPU (gtx550) which I could use as output source. (still finishing ryzen build so cant test yet)

11 hours ago, netseek said:

hi guys, i tested it in my laptop and works ok, but I wanted to see if it fits a desktop.. so you think that it could work with a ryzen cpu without integrated gpu (ie r7 1700x)? i have an older GPU (gtx550) which I could use as output source. (still finishing ryzen build so cant test yet)

Nope. There is very slim chance. But if you have all the things in hand then try POP_OS. But I doubt that you will get video output. Some people have run this in headless aka display less mode. Never tried that so cant help on that route either.

On 1/21/2020 at 4:33 AM, Shibly said:

Managed to run p106-100 in Windows10 1903 in on Sandy bridge 2600k on a asrock z77 board finally.

Steps taken:

1. Install W10 1903 and disable all windows updates.

2. Install all required drivers including vanilla 417.22 driver for nvidia and intel. Restart.

3. Apply registry hack to enable directx for p106-100. Restart.

4. Open device manager and uninstall the intel igpu driver and restart after uninstall. This should show Microsoft basic display adapter after restart.

5. Go to start and open Graphics setting and add game exe as like haswell or newer gen processors but the difference is you select the only available p106-100 as High performance card.

6. Run the game. The game will be very slow but it will run.

7. Go to graphics settings and make it borderless window. as long as it is in fullscreen mode it will not be able to use the card properly. If borderless is not available then just turn off full screen and use Fullscreenizer software to make it full screen.

And now friends you now have P106-100 running in your 2nd/3rd gen intel. And all those said that this is not possible, I will say to you: "Don't discourage a pathfinder fearing that he cant find the path like you, cause you will lose the chance to see that path be opened before you."
NEVER EVER CHANGE WINDOWS TO ANY OTHER VERSION AS WINDOWS ITSELF BREAKS THE CHANCE TO DO THIS IN OTHER VERSIONS.

EDIT: Vulcan and DX12 are broken for me atm. They fail to get more than 1200Mhz on the core and then gradually drop to below 300Mhz on core. DX11 works pretty well.

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (6).png

Thank you so much!!! You are a god!! It worked on my 3rd gen CPU :)

22 hours ago, diogofcr said:

Thank you so much!!! You are a god!! It worked on my 3rd gen CPU :)

You are welcome. But I ain't a god, He is far above me. Anyways its good to help anyone in need if I can manage it. I myself suffered for 4/5 months for the fix on my 2600k. Then after so long I got into working this out without waiting for other's solution. Putting together other peoples inputs and my experiment it worked out. It was painful for me as my working 960 died in the middle and I had to continue without a working gpu to game.

On 1/31/2020 at 3:51 PM, Shibly said:

You are welcome. But I ain't a god, He is far above me. Anyways its good to help anyone in need if I can manage it. I myself suffered for 4/5 months for the fix on my 2600k. Then after so long I got into working this out without waiting for other's solution. Putting together other peoples inputs and my experiment it worked out. It was painful for me as my working 960 died in the middle and I had to continue without a working gpu to game.

Many steam games appear to be limited to 30 fps, any chance you know what this can be?

Like Garry's mod or Arma 3 I get average 30 fps in high or in low settings (windowed mode). My Vsync is off and I disabled windows 10 GameDVR.

Can anyone help me,I have a P106-90 ZOTAC,3200g and a320m hdv4 when I boot the system up its totally fine,but when I install the p106 it shows that there is no signal detected on the monitor I'm currently running the latest windows and I also couldn't find the registry key(AdapterType) in regedit too

On 2/4/2020 at 7:49 PM, diogofcr said:

Many steam games appear to be limited to 30 fps, any chance you know what this can be?

Like Garry's mod or Arma 3 I get average 30 fps in high or in low settings (windowed mode). My Vsync is off and I disabled windows 10 GameDVR.

Did you run in windowed/borderless windowed mode? It will not get enough fps otherwise. Also anything other than DX11 is a hit or miss for me.

On 2/10/2020 at 9:49 AM, Shibly said:

Did you run in windowed/borderless windowed mode? It will not get enough fps otherwise. Also anything other than DX11 is a hit or miss for me.

I did

Sorry, i'm have some problem..

In some times my VGA not detected at high performance ? so I had to reinstall the vga driver, and that didn't happen once. Is there something wrong with my driver? now i use ver417.22 driver.

sorry if my language is bad