P106 NOW SUPPORT DirectX (Not Official)

SkySway
1 hour ago, diogofcr said:

Do I need to use 417.22 driver? I wanted to use the new beta of XPlane 11.50 which implemented Vulkan but I can't activate it because it needs 440.26 or newer

update to 440 then fall back to old driver. If that game work in linux then you can try that too. linux can use 440 without issue.

2 hours ago, Shibly said:

update to 440 then fall back to old driver. If that game work in linux then you can try that too. linux can use 440 without issue.

What do you mean? If I fall back to old driver it won't work in game I think. The game only lets you activate Vulkan if you have 440 or newer, if it detects you don't it disables. The registry hack doesn't work with newer versions?

I would prefer to stay on Windows because of other software I need for X-Plane that is windows only.

hi guys!

i drop you additional info about p106-100

1. Latest working driver is not 417.22, but 417.23

Clipboard012.jpg.a2d101371073cb172639c16584d70822.jpg

2. If you want to use p106-100 as default directx card for gaming etc you just need to uninstall with DDU Intel integral video drivers, just downgrading to Basic windows videoadapter - and you will see your p106-100 as default video card and as powerful video processor (both) for all applications without any additional tweaks!

Clipboard01.jpg.4abc50275ea8d0a5bcf0b6cb3bc84816.jpg

p.s. i found this tweak after 2 full days ot attempts to start gigapixel 5 ai in discrete gpu (opengl) mode on p106-100... and now it works!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 1:54 AM, Shibly said:

I managed to run COD warzone with driver 417.22 and this card.

sir may i know, what did you do to make this gpu working with cod warzone. the game is asking for a driver update

On 3/28/2020 at 4:04 PM, Smakjat777 said:

Finall got it to work. Saw someone saying to update the driver and rollback.. Did just that. Applied the registry hack and from device manager disable and enable the p106-100 display and it worked! 

can you help me i did what you said still error

Just sharing my experience with Warzone and the P106. I tried it with an i5-4670 (HD 4400), btw.

Took me half a day of trial and error trying to make it work. Most of that time I spent waiting for downloads to finish, as I had to redownload files after trying some fixes. Updating then rolling back the driver didn't work for me, neither did running it windowed/borderless. What worked was setting enablemshybrid to 0 (mentioned some posts before). I also had to delete everything in the game folder except Data, then verify game files.

I hope someone finds a way to use recent windows drivers on the P106.

i'm pretty stoked that i'm having success running Pop_OS 20.04 fully updated and it literally "just worked" out of the box; I've got an i7-4770 GPU and a P106-090. Pop_OS' inbuilt hybrid graphics defaulted to using the P106 for rendering everything. I'm still feeling out the performance but unigine heaven hits about 1100 on extreme preset, dota 2 reports ~100fps on the steam overlay, homeworld deserts of kharak consistently at 60fps, cs:go a high framerate too (played before I had the fps counter on though so not sure). 

can anybody else try pop_os 20.04 and assess if this is going to be a typical experience? i mean...i had literally zero configuration, i just installed the OS and was gaming immediately. 

On 7/19/2020 at 9:45 PM, flushfire said:

Just sharing my experience with Warzone and the P106. I tried it with an i5-4670 (HD 4400), btw.

Took me half a day of trial and error trying to make it work. Most of that time I spent waiting for downloads to finish, as I had to redownload files after trying some fixes. Updating then rolling back the driver didn't work for me, neither did running it windowed/borderless. What worked was setting enablemshybrid to 0 (mentioned some posts before). I also had to delete everything in the game folder except Data, then verify game files.

I hope someone finds a way to use recent windows drivers on the P106.

delete other files except data will delete all th game files and will download new one. how did you manage to update with the game files just data the luancher wont detect the data without cod.exe

well ive manage to play warzone no lag.

no edit ir updates with game folder 

just a simple tweak.

works fine wontbget sruck on loading

I'm glad to see this works on 2nd gen Intel CPUs now too. I have an old PC I'd like to upgrade with the P106 but it's currently a 1st gen Intel with no integrated GPU. I have an nVidia GeForce GT 610 for the graphics output though. Would it be possible to use the P106 for gaming while using the GeForce GT 610 as a video output? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 6:01 AM, Generalkidd said:

I'm glad to see this works on 2nd gen Intel CPUs now too. I have an old PC I'd like to upgrade with the P106 but it's currently a 1st gen Intel with no integrated GPU. I have an nVidia GeForce GT 610 for the graphics output though. Would it be possible to use the P106 for gaming while using the GeForce GT 610 as a video output? 

No, none managed to do that yet

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone help me out? When I try and install the driver it says it is not compatible with windows. I am on version 1903 and I have disabled automatic driver updates. Here is a screenshot of what the driver installation says. Thank you in advance. 

EDIT————

I just used DDU and it worked. 

Capture.JPG

On 7/21/2020 at 2:32 AM, ndroftheline said:

i'm pretty stoked that i'm having success running Pop_OS 20.04 fully updated and it literally "just worked" out of the box; I've got an i7-4770 GPU and a P106-090. Pop_OS' inbuilt hybrid graphics defaulted to using the P106 for rendering everything. I'm still feeling out the performance but unigine heaven hits about 1100 on extreme preset, dota 2 reports ~100fps on the steam overlay, homeworld deserts of kharak consistently at 60fps, cs:go a high framerate too (played before I had the fps counter on though so not sure). 

can anybody else try pop_os 20.04 and assess if this is going to be a typical experience? i mean...i had literally zero configuration, i just installed the OS and was gaming immediately. 

I use pop 18.04 beside windows 10, and its a similar experience. If all games that I play had suitable linux support the I would've diched windows completely.

Does anyone know if this would work with vr? Like rift cv1 or quest with link?  I assume quest with link would work because it is all over usb c. Rift s wouldn't because it uses display port. But what about the cv1 that uses hdmi and usb???

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, will this method work with the integrated graphics of the athlon 3000g?

16 hours ago, Pablitox said:

Hi, will this method work with the integrated graphics of the athlon 3000g?

This should.

9 minutes ago, Shibly said:

This should.

@Shibly

Gigabyte ga-a320m-h 

Athlon 3000g integrated radeon vega 3 graphics 

Xpg 8gb ram

650w psu 80plus 

Do you think it is going to work with those specs?

All this needs is a internal gpu that has win 10 supported drivers to pass through the frame buffer. as far as I know all Ryzen apu are capable of that. 

4 hours ago, Shibly said:

All this needs is a internal gpu that has win 10 supported drivers to pass through the frame buffer. as far as I know all Ryzen apu are capable of that. 

@Shibly Nice, a guy told me that I can install 417.23 without having to modify it, is it true? 

18 hours ago, Pablitox said:

@Shibly Nice, a guy told me that I can install 417.23 without having to modify it, is it true? 

You wont need to modify the driver. 417.22/23 just install that and edit registry. Restart and you are done.

11 hours ago, Shibly said:

You wont need to modify the driver. 417.22/23 just install that and edit registry. Restart and you are done.

Thank you, I will receive mine soon and I'm a little nervous about, I hope it works.

22 hours ago, Shibly said:

@Shibly Thank you! I was able to get a P106-100 card working on a virtualized Win10 1909 system with your instructions.  Installed 417.23 drivers, edited the registry, disabled and re-enabled adapter, game on!

Thank you!

11 hours ago, Optikul said:

@Shibly Thank you! I was able to get a P106-100 card working on a virtualized Win10 1909 system with your instructions.  Installed 417.23 drivers, edited the registry, disabled and re-enabled adapter, game on!

Thank you!

@Optikul does it give the same performance as a normal Gtx 1060?

On 10/12/2020 at 4:44 PM, Optikul said:

Thank you!

@Optikul You are welcome, happy to help. BTW can you elaborate on your process of OS virtualization? I never tried to game on a virtualized OS and would like to know the process. Like how to pass/use the GPU to/in the virtualized W10. In that case I can run W10 virtually on linux and get rid of all these hassle of running 2 OS on Dualboot.

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2020 at 11:33 PM, Shibly said:

Managed to run p106-100 in Windows10 1903 in on Sandy bridge 2600k on a asrock z77 board finally.

Steps taken:

1. Install W10 1903 and disable all windows updates.

2. Install all required drivers including vanilla 417.22 driver for nvidia and intel. Restart.

3. Apply registry hack to enable directx for p106-100. Restart.

4. Open device manager and uninstall the intel igpu driver and restart after uninstall. This should show Microsoft basic display adapter after restart.

5. Go to start and open Graphics setting and add game exe as like haswell or newer gen processors but the difference is you select the only available p106-100 as High performance card.

6. Run the game. The game will be very slow but it will run.

7. Go to graphics settings and make it borderless window. as long as it is in fullscreen mode it will not be able to use the card properly. If borderless is not available then just turn off full screen and use Fullscreenizer software to make it full screen.

And now friends you now have P106-100 running in your 2nd/3rd gen intel. And all those said that this is not possible, I will say to you: "Don't discourage a pathfinder fearing that he cant find the path like you, cause you will lose the chance to see that path be opened before you."
NEVER EVER CHANGE WINDOWS TO ANY OTHER VERSION AS WINDOWS ITSELF BREAKS THE CHANCE TO DO THIS IN OTHER VERSIONS.

EDIT: Vulcan and DX12 are broken for me atm. They fail to get more than 1200Mhz on the core and then gradually drop to below 300Mhz on core. DX11 works pretty well.

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (6).png

Hi my friend

Hopefully you can help me, I have I7 2600 and bought a P106-90 mining card the problem is that once connected, it does not appear in Device Manager as you can see, it is not detected in the screen driver, only the generic graphic driver of intel.
Once all the steps you indicate are done, my video card will appear in "display adapters" or it must be detected from before and my graphics is simply dead.

My motherboard is Gigabyte B75M-d3h

CPU: i7 2600

image.png

image.thumb.png.3aaf17f3a8527dfbd9c740d12e80a273.png