P106 NOW SUPPORT DirectX (Not Official)

SkySway
On 4/22/2020 at 11:17 AM, Rabiah said:

Well I just watched Linus video and wanted to try this out... can anyone re upload the file cause the link doesnt work.. thanks 

On windows 10 just install the normal 417.22 driver. Then open regedit. Then select "System" under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" . Press ctrl+F and write adaptertype and press enter to search. Your GPU will be found and the adapter type will be 2, change it to 4. Disable the GPU from device manager and the re enable it. Now the card should work. No need to get modified driver. Now select game exe and set it to high performance according to video.

Good day. Does mb asus f1a55  apu amd a8-3850 (llano, dx11, 4core)have any chance work with zotac P106-90, with method for sandybridge? If I have drv for win10 for this apu.
Edited by Viktor77
p.s. with lucid virtu mvp, change adapter type in reg, win7 x64 drv 417.22, my favorite game :crysis2, binary domain, nfs hp, lost planet - work well, without lags. Its very simple. Best regards from Ukraine.

Hello i got palit p106 100 i installed 417.22

drivers select games to high performance but i couldn't Play gta 5 in high setting with 60 fps. I look the usage of hd graphics and p106, hd graphics usage is 70 p106 usage is 40 is there any solution to use gpu max performance

16 hours ago, Aral44 said:

Hello i got palit p106 100 i installed 417.22

drivers select games to high performance but i couldn't Play gta 5 in high setting with 60 fps. I look the usage of hd graphics and p106, hd graphics usage is 70 p106 usage is 40 is there any solution to use gpu max performance

have u went to nvidia control panled mange 3d settings set it to high perfoamce and games should work without adding them to high performance  thats what work for me in games , did u use regedit to change adapteor type to 4 and mshybrid to 1 ?? need mshybrid set to 1 for nvidia panel

3 hours ago, Ucantseeme said:

have u went to nvidia control panled mange 3d settings set it to high perfoamce and games should work without adding them to high performance  thats what work for me in games , did u use regedit to change adapteor type to 4 and mshybrid to 1 ?? need mshybrid set to 1 for nvidia panel

I format my pc now i can't install 417.22 driver 

5 hours ago, Aral44 said:

I format my pc now i can't install 417.22 driver 

ddu the nvidia drivers and try install again

10 minutes ago, Ucantseeme said:

ddu the nvidia drivers and try install again

I did this it says nvidia drivers not compatible this version of windows. My Windows is up the date also. What's the problem

3 hours ago, Aral44 said:

I did this it says nvidia drivers not compatible this version of windows. My Windows is up the date also. What's the problem

Okey i installed the drivers but in cs go i get.60 fps in low settings. I add the photo here is the problem usage is very low

15883685693711678654126677926417.jpg

On 5/1/2020 at 8:11 PM, Aral44 said:

Okey i installed the drivers but in cs go i get.60 fps in low settings. I add the photo here is the problem usage is very low

15883685693711678654126677926417.jpg

its using the on board graphics thats why have u done the following ? 

download the Drivers 417.22 

download intel hd drivers

install intel hd drivers and restart

install 417.22 drivers and restart

do registry hack type in windows search bar regedit run as as admin

click on find at top of menu in regedit look for find

type in search field enablemshybrid

look for adaptor type change from 2 to 4

look for mshybrid change form 1 to 2

now goto device manager and click on the p106 and disable then enable again 

if u have goto nvidia control 3d settings and use nvidia as high performace and it will use the p106-100 for games

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know or can confirm that the 417.22 driver version trick also works with P104-100 (1070) mining cards?

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings. I would like to know that anyone using this card with ryzen apu systems. I have p106-100 and i will buy a cpu according to answer. And one more thing. If i set this card to given settings can i run p106-100 without apu ? Thanks for the answers.

On 5/30/2020 at 5:47 AM, Emre18 said:

Greetings. I would like to know that anyone using this card with ryzen apu systems. I have p106-100 and i will buy a cpu according to answer. And one more thing. If i set this card to given settings can i run p106-100 without apu ? Thanks for the answers.

As far as I know, This works with new apus. You better not go for the non apu route (although some ppl may run this headless) setting that up is too much of an hassle. so apu is a must.

On 11/29/2018 at 10:58 AM, NelizMastr said:

Looks like it. It needs an IGPU to work.

havent they already done this with a mining card?

On 5/30/2020 at 12:50 PM, Shibly said:

As long as I know This works with new apus. you better not get to the non apu route, as although some ppl may run this headless, steeing that up is too much of an hassle. so apu is a must.

Thank you kind sir. I will update my situation after i try my system with p106-100. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 12:01 PM, ki8aras said:

havent they already done this with a mining card?

Yes they have, and they used the Intel iGPU to pass through the signal to the monitor.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

On 4/3/2020 at 2:11 PM, Ucantseeme said:

nice got a 3gb model p106-909 for £25 warzone works , resident evil 2 remake , crash badicoot all i have tested im using a i54590 , tried on i5 2320 , resident evil,crash works , warzone loads up but laggy and ends giving dev errors  one time i manged to get the graphics menu even set boardless before it crashed but still laggy prob cause i5 2320 dosent have dx12 on hd 2000 graphics also found on i52320 just disbale intel hd graphics instead of uninstall and the p106-90 pops up for high peromance ,, hopefully figures out new driver method would be a good budget card mind u for £25 cant complain might end using it for mining lol

i also have a i5 2320, I am looking to buy cheap gpu on the used market (I thought a gtx760 for 30-35€). Do you recommend to but one of the p106 for the same price for my i5?Will i get better perfomance?

Thank you so much for your help

1 hour ago, Jerry Maguire said:

i also have a i5 2320, I am looking to buy cheap gpu on the used market (I thought a gtx760 for 30-35€). Do you recommend to but one of the p106 for the same price for my i5?Will i get better perfomance?

Thank you so much for your help

You will be locked to DX 11 gameplay below 4th gen intel. DX12 just doesn't work below 4th gen intel.

1 hour ago, Shibly said:

You will be locked to DX 11 gameplay below 4th gen intel. DX12 just doesn't work below 4th gen intel.

Thanks!

But it doesn’t work with 4th gen intel or hd graphics 4000?

i dont think they are the same because i could put a i5 3570k or i5 3335S and i would have dx 12 right?

14 minutes ago, Jerry Maguire said:

Thanks!

But it doesn’t work with 4th gen intel or hd graphics 4000?

i dont think they are the same because i could put a i5 3570k or i5 3335S and i would have dx 12 right?

no, dx 12 needs atleast hd 4600. below 4600, it is not a matter of cpu rather igpu. those igpu dont support dx 12 passthrough.

5 hours ago, Shibly said:

no, dx 12 needs atleast hd 4600. below 4600, it is not a matter of cpu rather igpu. those igpu dont support dx 12 passthrough.

Do you think it is still worthy? It can run Vulcan games?

I have seen a list of directx 11-12 games I only miss Cod Modern Warfare , Forza’s, Fifa 20, Gears of War and Halo. 

Games I don’t think I could play with another card I can afford https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_DirectX_12_games
My budget it’s not more than 50€ so the best card I could possibly buy it is like gtx 760, 750ti, 660 ti, Radeon hd 6870...

it is better a p106-90 for the same 35€ or something similar?

Thank you so much for your help.

1 hour ago, Jerry Maguire said:

Do you think it is still worthy? It can run Vulcan games?

I have seen a list of directx 11-12 games I only miss Cod Modern Warfare , Forza’s, Fifa 20, Gears of War and Halo. 

Games I don’t think I could play with another card I can afford https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_DirectX_12_games
My budget it’s not more than 50€ so the best card I could possibly buy it is like gtx 760, 750ti, 660 ti, Radeon hd 6870...

it is better a p106-90 for the same 35€ or something similar?

Thank you so much for your help.

In my case I mostly play DOTA 2 CS:GO Warframe and now a days Valorant. Valorant ran flawlessly on my p106-100. For the other titles I had to disable internal igpu from device manager to get the p106 as a high performance gpu as my 2600k's igpu doesnt support native low power gpu selection due to no driver support. Then all games will get like 10ish fps unless I set the game as borderless windowed. So any games without borderless window mode is a bust or you will need DXVK for linux dlls to run that game via vulkan. All dx9,10,11 games ran very good in my case. OGL has native support so those games will work too. Some vulkan games i.e. DOTA 2 fails to render more than 10 fps for some weird reasons, so some vulkan games wont be playable. If you dont miss playing dx 12 based games and get that card dirt cheap then its kinda good for now. But for users below 4th gen we are limited to W10 version 1903. updating always breaks it. So consider these.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello , i got the P106 mining card and hd 7750 ( AMD). Can i use AMD card for the main display and P106 for gaming?
My configuration:
i7 3930k
mainboard Asus P9X79 PRO
12gb ram ddr3
thanks 

2 hours ago, anhvuqn177 said:

Hello , i got the P106 mining card and hd 7750 ( AMD). Can i use AMD card for the main display and P106 for gaming?
My configuration:
i7 3930k
mainboard Asus P9X79 PRO
12gb ram ddr3
thanks 

no, read the full thread for explanation. you can only do passthrough via igpu till now or you are done.

On 4/25/2020 at 10:51 AM, Shibly said:

On windows 10 just install the normal 417.22 driver. Then open regedit. Then select "System" under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" . Press ctrl+F and write adaptertype and press enter to search. Your GPU will be found and the adapter type will be 2, change it to 4. Disable the GPU from device manager and the re enable it. Now the card should work. No need to get modified driver. Now select game exe and set it to high performance according to video.

Do I need to use 417.22 driver? I wanted to use the new beta of XPlane 11.50 which implemented Vulkan but I can't activate it because it needs 440.26 or newer