P106 NOW SUPPORT DirectX (Not Official)

SkySway
On 9/18/2020 at 12:27 PM, spectre_laser97 said:

Have anyone tried flashing P106 with an MXM laptop GTX 1060 VBIOS? I cannot really test it since I cannot get P106 at reasonable price.

You need a hardware programmer; nvflash cannot flash bios designed for different GPU. Even if you patch the checks inside nvflash, the GPU itself will not accept the firmware.

• 2 weeks later...

Podem me ajudar ja tentei varias coisa, 
1- instalar drive 417.22 da erro, entrai ele e instalei os arquivos nv_dispi e nvaci, tentei modificar eles com dicas aqui não deu certo .
2- antigo metodo com auto Sli nao consegui ..
3 -  nv_dispi e nvaci, de pessoas aqui, nao deu certo . 
4 - consequi modificar o regedit  adaptaterType 2 para 4 - ja tentei apagar tbm 
5 EnableMsHybrid para 1 .. nao deu certo também, 

You can help me, I tried several things,
1- install error 417.22 drive, enter it and install the nv_dispi and nvaci files, I tried to modify them with tips here it didn't work.
2- old method with auto Sli I couldn't ..
3 - nv_dispi and nvaci, from people here, did not work.
4 - consequi modify the regedit adaptaterType 2 to 4 - I tried to delete tbm
5 EnableMsHybrid for 1 .. it didn't work either,

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 12:21 PM, spectre_laser97 said:

yeah, GPU ususally use an SPI based EEPROM chip to store the VBIOS. I might be able to use my Arduino to program it. Heck, I can just desolder and solder a new EEPROM chip preprogrammed with laptop BIOS if that is what it takes. Assuming there is a datasheet for the EEPROM chip.

People tried it and so far zero outcome. The last digits of hexcode identifying the gpu core is burned in the die itself, so no matter of tweaking the bios works. at most it stops working showing an errorcode for unknown hardware. 

On 12/27/2020 at 10:13 AM, spectre_laser97 said:

While it is not inconceivable for NVIDIA to do this, I need more proof of this. Any forum or post talking about this?

Check "Hacking Nvidia's Drivers!" forum post, that has extensive works on this card and similar hardware.

On 12/26/2020 at 8:13 PM, spectre_laser97 said:

While it is not inconceivable for NVIDIA to do this, I need more proof of this. Any forum or post talking about this?

There was someone a while back in either this thread or the driver hacking thread that transplanted the die from a p106 onto the board of it's 1060 counterpart and they still couldn't get it to work as anything other than a p106.

• 2 months later...
On 3/3/2021 at 7:14 PM, Metroydx said:

need the driver plz 

No need, just get vanilla 417.22 and do the registry hack. For how to do the hack, see my previous posts.

• 1 month later...

Different take - some motherboard have TB3 or support TB3 cards like Gigabyte Titan Ridge - it then offers DisplayPort managed by the GPU - so if you would have P106 + such TB3 setup and connect display via this TB3 addon card would it pretty much render on P106 / force it?

• 8 months later...

The probleme is more easy    just the newest driver dont have driver for WDDM mode 

you just have to change from TCC to WDDM via this command in Administrator "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi.exe" -dm 0  and reboot

Ho  and yess look in the folder you have a PDF loll.  Last driver to support WDDM mode in windows is 417.22 But just install linux and it work so  here is my custom driver on my youtube page 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zKvMUb5Q-GEdO_vLP51Dzuq1OoePpw8U/view?usp=sharing

• 10 months later...

Hi all, we have a new p106 driver, version 516.94, here are the install instructions: 

• 10 months later...
Hi. Why can't I use p106 as a regular GPU after downloading this driver? I can't detect it at all :/

Zrzut ekranu (93).png

On 9/19/2023 at 5:39 PM, dartraiden said:

Certyfikat został zakazany przez firmę Microsoft . Wykorzystywano go między innymi do podpisywania wszelkiego rodzaju złośliwego oprogramowania.

Pobierz stąd najnowszy sterownik .

Dziękuję! W końcu działa ❤️
Czy da się na tym sterowniku zrobić 2 sztuki w SLI? Wg opisu wynika, że tylko sterownik 446.14 może działać w SLI, a ja mam teraz ten najnowszy, a posiadam 2 takie same karty i chciałbym je dać w SLI.
PS. Nie mogę włączyć HDR w Windows odkąd mam te sterowniki i działające p106. Wcześniej na samym H510 intela działało dobrze. Da się to naprawić?

Translated by Moderator: Thank you! It finally works ❤️
Is it possible to make 2 pieces in SLI on this driver? According to the description, only the 446.14 driver can work in SLI, and I now have the newest one, and I have 2 of the same cards and I would like to put them in SLI.
PS. I can't enable HDR in Windows since I have these drivers and p106 working. Previously, it worked fine on the Intel H510 itself. Can this be fixed?

I think for SLI you need a normal video card + mining card, not 2 mining cards.

SLI is pointless anyway. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16