P106 NOW SUPPORT DirectX (Not Official)

SkySway
On 2/11/2019 at 7:40 PM, Mirror Reaper said:

Hello, guys.
(Assuming) After successfully installing the custom driver and having the GPU working will the latter still function after turning the driver signature as well as the test mode off ? And can one play online games with such GPU?  

Yes. I'm running a P106 with a Ryzen 3 2200G, the driver still worked after turning test signing off. I can log into games like Rainbow 6 Siege and Apex Legends without them flagging the driver as suspicious.

Please keep in mind that I modified my driver .inf files with the steps outlined here:

https://github.com/gerdesi/NVIDIA_P106

hi..i gotta a question..

has been trying for whole day on getting the p106 works.. end up not working as expected.

I am using windows build 1809 latest build.

CPU: i3-3220 with Integrated GPU - Intel HD 2500

anyone successfully using this build for the p106-100 test ?

I will do another attempt using windows 10 build 1803

if anyone have the experience..kindly share me..

6 hours ago, cForce said:

hi..i gotta a question..

has been trying for whole day on getting the p106 works.. end up not working as expected.

I am using windows build 1809 latest build.

CPU: i3-3220 with Integrated GPU - Intel HD 2500

anyone successfully using this build for the p106-100 test ?

I will do another attempt using windows 10 build 1803

if anyone have the experience..kindly share me..

AFAIK it only works on 4th Gen Intel and up 3rd gen does not have support. 

Can vanilla P106L cards be adapted or does those Taobao custom firmware cards are the only option?

7 hours ago, GhostlyCrowd said:

Dang that's what I was afraid of. I have a CPU with a 1st gen HD Graphics so that'll probably not work. 

8 hours ago, GhostlyCrowd said:

Yea, i just done my testing on windows 1803.. result in negative.

now trying 4th gen CPU.

wish me luck.

13 hours ago, riklaunim said:

Can vanilla P106L cards be adapted or does those Taobao custom firmware cards are the only option?

Don t know, but i don't believe that those Taobao cards have custom firmware. My son used a normal P106 card. It started working after the 5th driver installation attempt on Windos 1809. (I5-6600K)

hello guys i'm new to the forum i saw the LLT's video and bought the graphic card and installed at firs the driver modified by me as shown on their other video it did'nt work so i installed the chinese one but it don't work either in device manager it is shown but in task manager it does not appear at all as a gpu and neither windows pick it as a highend gpu

am i missing some thing that is not shown in the videos?? or might be something else??

So, anyone has an update on the p106 bios mod to a gtx1060? I've been doing some hunting and I keep seeing people modding the BIOS. i know people keep saying you can't flash it due to the signature check but I have an External BIOS flasher, I've had a go at installing a different bios onto the card but I'm now having the simple issue of my pc is being a pain and won't let me use my onboard Graphics to boot into windows wanting to use the p106 as the display adapter, i have another pc to use but i will use that tomorrow and see if I can get it to work.

3 hours ago, Diahard1000 said:

So, anyone has an update on the p106 bios mod to a gtx1060? I've been doing some hunting and I keep seeing people modding the BIOS. i know people keep saying you can't flash it due to the signature check but I have an External BIOS flasher, I've had a go at installing a different bios onto the card but I'm now having the simple issue of my pc is being a pain and won't let me use my onboard Graphics to boot into windows wanting to use the p106 as the display adapter, i have another pc to use but i will use that tomorrow and see if I can get it to work.

Make sure your Bios is set to the iGPU as the default device for first selection. I have the same issue on my MSI board. If you dont set the iGPU as first it doesn't kick in until windows is fully booted, and the Bios and POST process all try to pipe out to the PCIE-G

@GhostlyCrowd

I know I run a server motherboard though, so its a little less forgiving. what I'm hoping to achieve is windows 7 support for this so people with older iGPU's can still use this. but we need the GPU to be identified as a GTX1060 for that to work. else we will need to find a different driver. and has anyone confirmed that P106 won't run without external power? when I had the initial mod running I could get the card to "run" without 6 pin PCIe power. though motherboard was still giving me the same error. 

On this thread

Someone tried to change the firmware of the P106 with an external flasher and it didn't work

I5-6600K with GigaByte GA-B150-HD3P board P106-100 6GB (probably Gigabyte) and Windows 10 1809 and chinese driver is a working combination

On 2/20/2019 at 3:01 AM, riklaunim said:

All desktop Pascal cards have NVIDIA-signed firmware, so there are no "custom firmware". if the signature is broken, the driver will not be able to work with the card.

On 2/22/2019 at 8:14 PM, diogofcr said:

Was anyone able to bypass windows and do it on 3rd gen CPU?

Doesn't seem like anybody had success with it. The issue probably is with Intel's drivers being out of date for this purpose rather than Windows. I'm not entirely sure though. I've wanted to buy one of these and the price keeps going up a bit too but there's no point for me to get one either if it doesn't work on my 1st gen Intel HD Graphics. 

5 hours ago, Generalkidd said:

Doesn't seem like anybody had success with it. The issue probably is with Intel's drivers being out of date for this purpose rather than Windows. I'm not entirely sure though. I've wanted to buy one of these and the price keeps going up a bit too but there's no point for me to get one either if it doesn't work on my 1st gen Intel HD Graphics. 

Yeah, I already ordered before figuring out that it didnt work for 3rd gen, now I am regreting because I don't think they are going to be able to fix it

Hi, can someone please share this P106-100 modified driver? cant download it from original links anymore

Managed to get my P106-100 working. Is there any way I can set the gpu as the default for all apps? Some apps will use the correct gpu without being told through display settings but I'd like it to be enabled for all of them. I understand that you can do this in the nvidia control panel but my setup doesn't allow me to open it. Any suggestions?

Anyone got stucked at 24fps with your p106-100 ? Mine is a zotac.. I have tried in 2 laptops 

Kabylake and ivybridge. 

Stucked at 24fps.

Can choose high performance with the 106. But the performance won't get any better than the igpu.

Anyone any idea why ?

for people who got the p104 , is the 4g a bottleneck ? and is there someone who got to unlock the full 8gb of vram ? a seller in taobao claims he can do it

On 2/15/2019 at 12:40 PM, poorboy said:

Yes. I'm running a P106 with a Ryzen 3 2200G, the driver still worked after turning test signing off. I can log into games like Rainbow 6 Siege and Apex Legends without them flagging the driver as suspicious.

Please keep in mind that I modified my driver .inf files with the steps outlined here:

https://github.com/gerdesi/NVIDIA_P106

what sort of motherboard are you rocking?

On 3/4/2019 at 9:27 PM, GolDCasterx said:

Anyone got stucked at 24fps with your p106-100 ? Mine is a zotac.. I have tried in 2 laptops 

Kabylake and ivybridge. 

Stucked at 24fps.

Can choose high performance with the 106. But the performance won't get any better than the igpu.

Anyone any idea why ?

You have tried in two laptops? Does that mean that you're running a P106 as an eGPU? Because if you are, then it's being SERIOUSLY bottlenecked. The P106 has a PCIE 1.1 x16 connector, which itself brings a 5-10% performance hit, and running a PCIE 1.1 x4 (as eGPUs do) will bottleneck it down to a 75% performance hit. At that point, it may be worse than some laptops' actual GPUs.

On 3/13/2019 at 6:49 PM, falconNinja said:

what sort of motherboard are you rocking?

I'm using a B450M-K from Asus. It will work with any Ryzen motherboard, though. However, after about a month of use, I would heavily recommend gaming with a P106 with an Intel system rather than with a Ryzen one; Ryzens with APUs installed can only utilize 8 PCIE lanes. Most Intel processors do not have the same problem, it differs by model.

On 3/14/2019 at 11:17 PM, poorboy said:

I'm using a B450M-K from Asus. It will work with any Ryzen motherboard, though. However, after about a month of use, I would heavily recommend gaming with a P106 with an Intel system rather than with a Ryzen one; Ryzens with APUs installed can only utilize 8 PCIE lanes. Most Intel processors do not have the same problem, it differs by model. 

I'm looking at 3D modelling. Is like a i3 8100 alright? I was thinking of getting a 2200g or a 2400g, and get some 3000mhz ram. I'm pretty noob at computer tbh. Any help much appreciated.

On 3/19/2019 at 9:06 AM, falconNinja said:

I'm looking at 3D modelling. Is like a i3 8100 alright? I was thinking of getting a 2200g or a 2400g, and get some 3000mhz ram. I'm pretty noob at computer tbh. Any help much appreciated.

The 2200G is a great budget processor, and is one of the best bang for your buck processors in the market. The 2400G is also great. I would wholeheartedly recommend them-- I just wouldn't recommend them with a P106. I'd suggest getting yourself a second hand RX 580 or something if you go with a 2200G or 2400G. The 2400G's 4C/8T is more future proof than the 2200G's 4C/4T, so if your budget allows for it, I'd suggest going with the 2400G.

If you're hard set on using the P106, I'd go for an equivalent i5 processor if your budget allows for it. You could get an i3 8100, it's almost identical in performance (it's slightly better) to the 2200G and additionally can use 16 PCIE lanes, but you can see the price difference for yourself.