should i pay more for new MBP 2018?

I buy a MBP 2018 at Sep. 2018 with 560X in it.  apple launch new MBP 2018 with vega 20 at Oct. 
It make me quite frustrated. apple not allow their MBP 2018 customer with 560X to upgrade to vega 20.

apple say no. your order id have expired even you are willing to pay more for vega 20 module.

I call the apple for some help. they say i can sell it to apple store and buy a new MBP 2018 with vega 20.

it may cost me more than $1.5k to have new MBP 2018 with vega 20. :(

should i sell my MBP 2018 to apple store or not? what can i do else to have new MBP 2018?

plz leave you comment.

Of course you can't just trade it for a faster one, nor can it be upgraded on an existing machine. Everything is soldered on the MBP. To be fair, Apple did announce they would ship faster graphics later during their keynote. 

That said, neither the 560X nor the Vega 20 are powerful gaming cards, and it's doubtful you'll notice it in other workloads.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Both are pretty weak so if you actually need more performance you should buy something that isn't apple.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

Of course you can't just trade it for a faster one, nor can it be upgraded on an existing machine. Everything is soldered on the MBP. To be fair, Apple did announce they would ship faster graphics later during their keynote. 

That said, neither the 560X nor the Vega 20 are powerful gaming cards, and it's doubtful you'll notice it in other workloads.

you are right. apple do upgrade MBP 2017 555X to MBP 2018 560X. i'm not going to gaming on it. 

you mean i should sell it and buy a new one?

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Both are pretty weak so if you actually need more performance you should buy something that isn't apple.

you means EGPU?

9 minutes ago, alues said:

you are right. apple do upgrade MBP 2017 555X to MBP 2018 560X. i'm not going to gaming on it. 

you mean i should sell it and buy a new one?

So why are you bothered by the lower end graphics, then? 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

3 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

So why are you bothered by the lower end graphics, then? 

I need to travel from time to time. vega 20 seem more power efficiency.

16 minutes ago, alues said:

Doubt it'll make enough of a difference to warrant the price tag. The Vega is meant for people who need more graphical power, not for people after battery life.

18 minutes ago, alues said:

90% of the time it wont use the Vega and instead use the iGPU

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Doubt it'll make enough of a difference to warrant the price tag. The Vega is meant for people who need more graphical power, not for people after battery life.

thx for your comment. I may need to think about if i need it in indeed

On battery it will kick in the iGPU most of the time for power saving.

The vega will be used only if you need more power or the app requires it.

Compared to 560x it has 25% computer unit count, not terribly different.

You can sell it as used with 20% off the retail price and buy the new one.

Or try to live with it.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

If you really are doing some graphics intensive task, eGPU (not the apple Blackmagic one) is a good solution. Grab a Razer core X and a Vega 64 you are good to go. 

2 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

On battery it will kick in the iGPU most of the time for power saving.

The vega will be used only if you need more power or the app requires it.

Compared to 560x it has 25% computer unit count, not terribly different.

You can sell it as used with 20% off the retail price and buy the new one.

Or try to live with it.

I'm trying to sell it with 20% off. what a day. apple's policy hurt their customer so badly.
apple store's employee just tell that apple's get it back service not available for MBP 2018 yet.

1 hour ago, zhubaohi said:

If you really are doing some graphics intensive task, eGPU (not the apple Blackmagic one) is a good solution. Grab a Razer core X and a Vega 64 you are good to go. 

thx for comment. i will try to buy one. that may do help.

18 minutes ago, alues said:

I'm trying to sell it with 20% off. what a day. apple's policy hurt their customer so badly.
apple store's employee just tell that apple's get it back service not available for MBP 2018 yet.

What makes you think you can swap the macbook?
Is there a return policy?

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

4 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

What makes you think you can swap the macbook?
Is there a return policy?

a comment in link. i try to contact with apple's customer service. the result make me upset.