Poor service, on hold for ages, no resolution to problems? You may have a low Customer Score with the company. More companies are using it.

GoodBytes
34 minutes ago, williamcll said:

I  just changed my phone contract to 20GB 4.5G for 21.5 USD

those_are_rookie_numbers.png

try 70GB at 15€/month. And if I ever managed to finish that, no extra charges, just get limited to 128kbps

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

i can absolutely confirm in the 1st person that this is true.

The solution is easy, move, if you have alternatives obviously. Once you move you go from a idiot customer to a lost customer, then you start to get the phonecalls to come back with better prices. It's not a unbreakable rule, if they are too big might not care, but in most organized companies they hate to lose customers, even the annoying ones.

1 hour ago, suicidalfranco said:

try 70GB at 15€/month. And if I ever managed to finish that, no extra charges, just get limited to 128kbps

fork that, that is insane you lucky bastard. I would have to sell my 1st born to have 70gb a month on the phone

2 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

Are limitations something you can eat? ?

Unlimited 4G (100Mbps) 20€/month, at the moment rolling at 183GB for this month because sharing it with my desktop in try to double the speed (cable VDSL 100Mbps 10€/month, also unlimited) and sharing the net for the laptop on the go.

7 hours ago, Canada EH said:

You know what else is illegal, driving one mph over the speed limit.

Doesn't stop anyone from doing it, and its very easy to get away with it.

Not in my city. They pull you over if you sneeze wrong. My city is in a little bit of financial hardship so the police are just tax collectors at this point. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Everyone bitching about this but moral of the story is stop being an asshole to customer service reps. They dont make the decisions, just fucking be polite and this wouldnt be a thing. 

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

Everyone bitching about this but moral of the story is stop being an asshole to customer service reps. They dont make the decisions, just fucking be polite and this wouldnt be a thing. 

No, it has nothing to do with that, well.. maybe.. all depends on the company implementation.

But it is mostly based on your purchasing habits. To more you bring value to the company (i.e: they make more money on you), the better the service you may get, or get select promotions to entice you to spend more.

Just now, GoodBytes said:

No, it has nothing to do with that, well.. maybe.. all depends on the company implementation.

But it is mostly based on your purchasing habits. To more you bring value to the company (i.e: they make more money on you), the better the service you may get, or get select promotions to entice you to spend more.

Oh, well then,

I mean this is has been done for years. We do it right now for our largest customers, my last job did it for there's. This is not really anything new (at least for monthly recurring customers) and of course is you have customer that nets you $10k a month that is on hold and another that nets maybe $20 a month, the former will get better support. 

Does it suck, yes, is it a good business move, also yes, until people find out about it. 

5 hours ago, Thaldor said:

Are limitations something you can eat? ?

Unlimited 4G (100Mbps) 20€/month, at the moment rolling at 183GB for this month because sharing it with my desktop in try to double the speed (cable VDSL 100Mbps 10€/month, also unlimited) and sharing the net for the laptop on the go.

darn it

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

4 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

You must live in a dream world. That doesn't work if the customer service reps are being the north ends of south bound horses. 

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Just now, Lady Fitzgerald said:

That doesn't work if the customer service reps are being the north ends of south bound horses. 

Are you saying that you can't be nice to people being jerks or being nice to them doesn't have any effect? In either case I can tell you that being nice will always end more favorably than being a jerk back to them.

-KuJoe

6 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

You must live in a dream world. That doesn't work if the customer service reps are being the north ends of south bound horses. 

Well most are aholes because they are yelled at all day long. People dont call customer service because they want to say thank you. After working at a call center, I watched it turn nice people into miserable people. 

Just be nice, both sides.

2 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Well most are aholes because they are yelled at all day long. People dont call customer service because they want to say thank you. After working at a call center, I watched it turn nice people into miserable people. 

That is why those are high turn over jobs.

5 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Are you saying that you can't be nice to people being jerks or being nice to them doesn't have any effect? In either case I can tell you that being nice will always end more favorably than being a jerk back to them.

5 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

I'm not saying not to be nice. I'm just saying it usually doesn't work. When I get an obtuse rep, I just ask (and then, usually, have to insist and then demand) to speak to a supervisor.

The sad fact is, in a booming economy, many companies simply don't care about losing a few customers due to poor customer service since there are plenty more where the ones they lost are from.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

I'm not saying not to be nice. I'm just saying it usually doesn't work. When I get an obtuse rep, I just ask (and then, usually, have to insist and then demand) to speak to a supervisor.

What I am saying is having to deal with people that are cussing and swearing all day long, there is a point when a rep just no longer cares. If people were nice in general then you wouldnt have to talk to a manager. 

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

What I am saying is having to deal with people that are cussing and swearing all day long, there is a point when a rep just no longer cares. If people were nice in general then you wouldnt have to talk to a manager. 

People would be nicer in general if they received proper customer service. You can push people only so far.

Jeannie

4 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

People would be nicer in general if they received proper customer service. You can push people only so far.

Have you worked in customer service or just think people should bow down to you at your whim?

Most people who call customers service, fuck when I talk support calls for my job, people call in all the time screaming from the start. Before I could even get a word out of the my mouth. 

This has nothing to do with customer service reps. People just being dick heads in general to reps literally change the rep's personality. A new rep vs a year old rep, year old one will have a more negative attitude almost every time. 

2 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Have you worked in customer service or just think people should bow down to you at your whim?...

Seriously? That is what you have been getting from what I've been saying?

Jeannie

Seriously? That is what you have been getting from what I've been saying?

Well I mean you clearly assume the rep you are speaking to just gives terrible customer service and when you call you insist on a manager. There are memes of that type of person. There are few reasosn when people need to speak with a manager (by the way most are just other reps) other than just being rude. 

13 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Well I mean you clearly assume the rep you are speaking to just gives terrible customer service and when you call you insist on a manager. There are memes of that type of person. There are few reasosn when people need to speak with a manager (by the way most are just other reps) other than just being rude. 

Going by your user name, I'm suspecting English may not be your first language. I NEVER said that. You are making faulty assumptions.

I do NOT assume every rep is going to give terrible customer service. Nor do I insist on speaking to a supervisor all the time so stop "putting words in my mouth". Most of the time, I get excellent customer servicee from customer service reps. There are only a few companies I deal with that habitually give poor customer service and I avoid them whenever I can.

Btw, customer service is far more than just the call center. It's how the company treats the customer in all phases of the transaction from the time the order is taken, then charged, picked, packed, and shipped. The call to the company's customer service center happens only after something I just listed went sideways. Most of the time, I get satisfaction with the first call.

However, it is a fact that customer service has been going downhill everywhere the last two years. From local retail and restaurants to internet vendors, many (but definitely not all, or even most) have developed a "don't care" attitude. Again, I avoid them when I can. Part of the reasons are the booming economy, the current political atmosphere, and many U.S. based businesses are shifting to out of country call centers staffed by poorly trained reps that barely speak English.

Jeannie

3 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

I lasted 4 months at a call center. Never again! I rather be jobless than work at one. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

14 hours ago, Technous285 said:

service my town

Seems like your town is small so not much use in erecting towers to service that grid. I'd bet that whomever is servicing your area got a good deal from the city and the government, or could just be the company transfered over the used equipment to that locale to use better equipment in Sydney.

6 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Seems like your town is small so not much use in erecting towers to service that grid. I'd bet that whomever is servicing your area got a good deal from the city and the government, or could just be the company transfered over the used equipment to that locale to use better equipment in Sydney.

Telstra already has the towers here for 3G and 4G, but Optus, Vodafone, Dodo, et all don't use Band 28 on 4G (and heaven knows what bands they use for 3G!) whilst Telstra does on the towers here.

I've been with Telstra for my normal mobile phone service here since Jan 2014, my previous Vodafone service had spotty reception here even when I was using the same phone (a HTC Explorer at the time) but I get flawless Telstra service both indoors and outdoors on both my 3G mobile phone (was the HTC Explorer, now Huawei Y625) and my 4G data phone (32GB iPhone 6).

And as it stands, it looks like if/when NBN rolls out to here, they'll be using Fixed Wireless to replace the 1980's POTS-powered ADSL here.

11 minutes ago, Technous285 said:

1980's POTS-powered ADSL here.

Ouch! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ?

11 minutes ago, Technous285 said:

NBN

Whats NBN?