Your opinion on RGB

MandoPanda

Your opinion on RGB  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How much does RGB matter to you when building your rig?

• RGB IZ LYFE
    • I guess it's fine if it comes with the part...
    • I don't really care (some components RGB some not)
    • I will go out of my way to avoid RGB in my rig.

I don't really care for RGB. I know that it's 2018 and everybody loves RGB and if you cut Linus on the arm he will bleed RGB but, I actually don't like it.

I wanted to know how other people felt about the RGB craze now-a-days.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

I want RGB for the color range. I don't want one of those rainbow puke setups where everything is strobing every color of the rainbow, but RGB is nice to have for the wider range of colors that can be achieved with it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I'm neutral on RGB personally, I don't mind if it's not present on my hardware, but it's nice to have to change up the flavor of my hardware. I particularly like that with RGB, I'm able to change up colors of my hardware without paying another penny, one day I can have my whole setup purple, another day I can have it all white if I wanted to, it's the diversity in RGB that makes it great.

I like RGB when it's:

• Complimenting my hardware - such as RGB fans that shine light into the inside of my PC

• Little bits that give my hardware flavor - such as the small RGB 'G' logo on my Logitech G502 RGB

Where I have a problem with RGB is when:

• People spend more on RGB so much that they skimp on PC performance

• When it's overdone and not in unity to the point it looks like a disco rave

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

I want it to only be white LED. Not RGB.
If you wonder why just set RGB to white, The one I have seen IRL (not many) have not had dedicated white LED. They have just lit all 3 to emulate white light, and in the cases I have seen, doesn't actually turn out to look completely white. They often is slightly off. 

Some said once some new stuff have RGBW (dedicated white LEDs) but I havent looked in to how many actually have that. I havent gotten a new computer in many years. I am up for an upgrade next year maybe. If its an option I rather just have white LED anyway.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

5 minutes ago, seoz said:

I'm neutral on RGB personally, I don't mind if it's not present on my hardware, but it's nice to have to change up the flavor of my hardware. I particularly like that with RGB, I'm able to change up colors of my hardware without paying another penny, one day I can have my whole setup purple, another day I can have it all white if I wanted to, it's the diversity in RGB that makes it great.

I like RGB when it's:

• Complimenting my hardware - such as RGB fans that shine light into the inside of my PC

• Little bits that give my hardware flavor - such as the small RGB 'G' logo on my Logitech G502 RGB

Where I have a problem with RGB is when:

• People spend more on RGB so much that they skimp on PC performance

• When it's overdone and not in unity to the point it looks like a disco rave

LOL I agree with his words

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

I love me some RGB. Got a couple LED strips and an RBG fan in my case to shed some sweet blue light on those sexy, sexy components. Also, it turned out my mobo has RBG as well, and that's pretty cool too. It's a beautiful room detail to have. 

As for actual practical use, an RGB keyboard is a must. You see it with your peripheral vision and it makes typing so so much easier. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

I don't mind it, I have an RGB strip going inside my case and it makes the outdated Elite 310 look less outdated. But I don't like those setups where you have an RGB strip going around, RGB fans, RGB cpu cooler, RGB ram, RGB graphics card and RGB everything. Those look stupid and don't add to the setup anymore.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

If it's done well it can make a build look really good (looking at you ugly ass Corsair SP RGB fans) but it can ruin a build if overdone or done badly

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

3 hours ago, Mihle said:

I want it to only be white LED. Not RGB.
If you wonder why just set RGB to white, The one I have seen IRL (not many) have not had dedicated white LED. They have just lit all 3 to emulate white light, and in the cases I have seen, doesn't actually turn out to look completely white. They often is slightly off. 

Some said once some new stuff have RGBW (dedicated white LEDs) but I havent looked in to how many actually have that. I havent gotten a new computer in many years. I am up for an upgrade next year maybe. If its an option I rather just have white LED anyway.

I have RGBW strips and the white looks just like the white strips. The white led a yellowish color by itself, but the rgb leds are blueish and the mix makes them a nice white. Here's a photo where I've set the RGBW strips on my reservoir to white and my fans to white as well, the fans are just rgb. 

Personally, I like rgb on certain components if they're diffuse and not overkill. I hate the bright dots. Even the dots on my fans shown below kind of annoy me. I tend to have all of them set to the color of my memory in the photo below, which is something like 255,15,0; a color I couldn't get without rgb.

paZTOxf.jpg

28 minutes ago, Inelastic said:

I have RGBW strips and the white looks just like the white strips. The white led a yellowish color by itself, but the rgb leds are blueish and the mix makes them a nice white. Here's a photo where I've set the RGBW strips on my reservoir to white and my fans to white as well, the fans are just rgb. 

Personally, I like rgb on certain components if they're diffuse and not overkill. I hate the bright dots. Even the dots on my fans shown below kind of annoy me. I tend to have all of them set to the color of my memory in the photo below, which is something like 255,15,0; a color I couldn't get without rgb.

paZTOxf.jpg

I would not want those fans personally. Especially because its blueish white. Also those dots.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

11 hours ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

I don't even do RGB. If I ever got forced to, HEX(225 225 225).

That's not a hex code, the hex code for white is #ffffff. That's just a regular decimal RGB code. Unless you mean a decimal to hex converter, in which case why didn't you just put either 255, 255, 255 or #ffffff?

it's time

137593505136.jpg

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

it's gaudy as hell. If you're going to go "RGB" make it all the same color, done make it flash or have all your components be different colors. consistency is best.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Rgb flashing is too annoying and costs too much as part of pc, 

I had some all the red stationery leds parts, all comes free or cheaper than non rgb models lol, its much better than rgb

I avoid LEDs, especially those who can't at least pretend they provide some information. But I have a number of parts with useless LEDs (like fans), because I won't go that out of my way to avoid them :P

Conditional on the LEDs being there, I don't particularly mind that said LEDs are RGB-addressable, nor value it.

1 hour ago, RollTime said:

That's not a hex code, the hex code for white is #ffffff. That's just a regular decimal RGB code. Unless you mean a decimal to hex converter, in which case why didn't you just put either 255, 255, 255 or #ffffff?

I placed the decimal values in the 'HEX()' function signature, because I intended for it to look like a function call that would convert the decimal over to hexadecimal. Also, didn't feel like writing out #ffffff for pure white.

#BecuzI'mLazy

If you don't like it, sorry :( It's not like I go around spitting hex all the time anymore (since my days suffering with HTML 4 and CSS). The last time I had to do it was for a certain project of mine, and I won't talk about it here. 

Last forum post until 4K :P 

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

No RGB here.  I even made a point of getting a windowless case just so I don't have to see the default lighting on my GPU and MoBo.

Same, RGB is only a distraction of what my computer's actually for. the least LED's the better, just annoying otherwise

11 minutes ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

I placed the decimal values in the 'HEX()' function signature, because I intended for it to look like a function call that would convert the decimal over to hexadecimal. Also, didn't feel like writing out #ffffff for pure white.

#BecuzI'mLazy

If you don't like it, sorry :( It's not like I go around spitting hex all the time anymore (since my days suffering with HTML 4 and CSS). The last time I had to do it was for a certain project of mine, and I won't talk about it here. 

Last forum post until 4K :P 

4K? 4K what?

it's time

I hate RGB. Too much going on and distracting. If anything I want a backlit keyboard, maybe a couple of lights. I don't want my room looking like a disco. 

IMG_0240.thumb.JPG.413c949b6b9c51ebcd39a5682ba14671.JPG

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD