Does anyone watch LTT videos on the forum instead of youtube?

Dreaper

Does anyone exclusively watch LTT on the fourm?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Does anyone watch LTT videos on the forum instead of youtube?

• Yes i do but only because of floatplane
    • Yes i do because i dont know why (Non Floatplane)
    • No i don't.

Too be honest I stopped a lot of videos. I barely watch anything to be honest, I occasionally watch something it interests me. I only only watch PC builds (which happens rarely) I like to watch networking, server videos. Tbh, I don't like watching reviews, is it not like hate Linus's videos. I don't care about laptops tbh. :/ As for phones, I have interest.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 minute ago, Abdul201588 said:

Too be honest I stopped a lot of videos. I barely watch anything to be honest, I occasionally watch something it interests me. I only only watch PC builds (which happens rarely) I like to watch networking, server videos. Tbh, I don't like watching reviews, is it not like hate Linus's videos. I don't care about laptops tbh. :/ As for phones, I have interest.

Ah i see interesting to see if people are paying but not watching :), im guessing you might have liked the 12km wifi vid too? 

I do, but not because of floatplane and NOT for no reason, it's because i get notifications for when a new video thread is posted and thats why i'm the first comment on like 80-90% of videos posted to youtube from the main LTT channel for the last 2 or so years going back to long before the death of Vessel, for a while I was using Vessel video titles (which you could see without being a member) to come up with a comment instead of being the D-bag going "first" but then Vessel went away and I had to just start saying random shit or come up with something on the spot based off the thumbnail or video title (which got a lot harder when the Video titles went from being descriptive to being all "clickbaity".

1 minute ago, Daniel644 said:

I do, but not because of floatplane and NOT for no reason, it's because i get notifications for when a new video thread is posted and thats why i'm the first comment on like 80-90% of videos posted to youtube from the main LTT channel for the last 2 or so years going back to long before the death of Vessel, for a while I was using Vessel video titles (which you could see without being a member) to come up with a comment instead of being the D-bag going "first" but then Vessel went away and I had to just start saying random shit or come up with something on the spot based off the thumbnail or video title (which got a lot harder when the Video titles went from being descriptive to being all "clickbaity".

Interesting to know but why not just receive notifications from youtube?  

The few videos I watch I watch on the forum if they are interesting because they come up here before my sub box and the less interesting but still worth my time sortof I watch on yt

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

Interesting to know but why not just receive notifications from youtube?  

because it's already to late by then, generally speaking when LTT uploads a video (outside of SHOW coverage and NDA's) they upload the video as an UNLISTED video for a random amount of time (seen everything from no delay to a day and a half, when they screwed up that one time and posted the next days video's thread and so the video was unlisted for over a day), if you want to have any chance of being the real first comment you HAVE to get in while the video is UNLISTED.

I know it's stupid and pointless but it started as being about the challenge to see how many days in a row I could do it then it devolved into a bit of an obsession, there is something wrong with me, I know this, but it's who I am for better or worse, i've come to terms with it.

27 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

Ah i see interesting to see if people are paying but not watching :), im guessing you might have liked the 12km wifi vid too? 

Yes. :D That was a good one. Too bad it was short. I'd like an in depth one. I know there are many videos. I'd like to see Linus actually completely install it and configure it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

There isn't much variety. Just phones with cameras that pop up, gaming phones and product reviews, which are normally sponsored. I like videos with different varity.

hi.

Because I am a Floatplane member I watch them on the forum and when they release it on YT I go watch it again partially or fully making sure to like it :)

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

I never watch any of LTT videos anymore , strictly only browse the forum. The community is way more interesting than their videos :)

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

I download them and watch at later time. Usually week worth at times. They are good when eating or doing something else.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I download them and watch at later time. Usually week worth at times. They are good when eating or doing something else.

Oh wow, pirate. (jk)

A lot of the videos have been boring. The 64 core system with a 1060 was okay, but still boring. I want cheap servers, cheap builds, insane enthusiast tech. Not phones that have fans inside them.

hi.

23 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

Oh wow, pirate. (jk)

A lot of the videos have been boring. The 64 core system with a 1060 was okay, but still boring. I want cheap servers, cheap builds, insane enthusiast tech. Not phones that have fans inside them.

i want gaming on a super computer xD

3 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

i want gaming on a super computer xD

Gaming with 1,024,000 cores running at 1.1GHz. Seems legit.

hi.

3 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

Gaming with 1,024,000 cores running at 1.1GHz. Seems legit.

I also would like to see a cinebench score with that 

Just now, Dreaper said:

I also would like to see a cinebench score with that 

Cinebench would probably break because of their score. I would say somewhere in the tens of millions. Tap the button and it's done.

hi.

Cinebench can only utilize some hundred CPU cores :(

Source: 

Looks like Cinebench doesn't utilise all 1,024,000 cores.

hi.

Youtube only

I'm not even a sub (I don't have an account there) but I watch a lot of the vids except the ones about phones, tablets or similar stuff

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

44 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

Oh wow, pirate. (jk)

bro you don't have to be a pirate to do that, have you not heard about Youtube Premium? https://www.youtube.com/premium?ybp=Sg0IBhIJdW5saW1pdGVk

used to via FPC around 2 weeks ago. don't know/think they release them for free after the exclusivity is up, but I decided it was no longer right for me since there's been so much content that needs same day release from multiple embargos lifting every month to events like computex. 

Like the only video I really was interested in was the pumpless water cooler, it came out on FPC like 2 days after GamersNexus did their video on it. And then ALLLL of the phones with specs that no longer matter for all by the most hardcore power users. I know Linus said it somewhere on an WAN show once but "Peak Smartphone" is an common phrase. innovation is so bad right now that everyone's waiting to celebrate when samung or apple have underscreen finger print readers, so you can get that extra like 1/8th an inch of screen. 

6 hours ago, AskTJ said:

A lot are really boring. I skip most phone and laptop stuff because of that reason. If I'm in market for each, they probably aren't even close to ones LTT covers. Thank god FP titles I can easily choose what to dl.

5 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

bro you don't have to be a pirate to do that, have you not heard about Youtube Premium? https://www.youtube.com/premium?ybp=Sg0IBhIJdW5saW1pdGVk

Or you can pay directly to LMG and download via FP.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv