Renowned Game Critic John "TotalBiscuit" Bain passes away

ItsMitch
2 hours ago, reniat said:

My heart dropped last night when I saw this. I really hope the podcast continues like he had hoped, but man I feel so bad for the rest of that group. The first episode back is going to be so hard for everyone involved.

It'll probably go on a few week break while funeral arrangements are planned then I'm guessing Genna will take over it again.

Gutted to hear this, really feel for his wife and kid, hope they get all the support they need at this difficult time.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

It's a damn shame.

I wasnt a major viewer of his content, but i did watch it on occasion, I especialy found his co-optional podcast animations funny as hell.

He was one of those respected game critiques that bassicaly told companies like EA where to shove their money grabbing ways. Its a shame we lost a front line critique like him.

My respects to him !

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

who's the weeb now?

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I remember being really exited to see this when Linus started talking to him on twitter, not sure who I saw first Linus or TB, both legends 

I know first hand what his family went to. My mom was also diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer on December 19, 2012. She was given 6 months to 1 year to live. She's still alive after 6 surgeries and over 300 injections of 7 different chemos and 2 clinical trials. She is now the longest living person with her specific form of colon cancer (small cell "Signet ring cell carcinoma of the colon") which is very quick and deadly. I believe he might of had that. I've seen what my mom has gone through being partially her caretaker from 2012-2017 (my dad is retired so he does it full time now). May he rest in peace and his family begin to heal!

It's sad to see him go although the response from the community has been great so far. There was however one developer who lacked any human decency and took the opportunity to go on a tirade. No surprises what company he was from. 

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

yeah there's the news thread regarding that now ._.

Oh wow. I totally missed that.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

2 hours ago, Carclis said:

There was however one developer who lacked any human decency and took the opportunity to go on a tirade. No surprises what company he was from. 

There are jackasses everywhere.

No point trying to connect it to Bioware...

In every big company (your favourites and your worst) you will find both people who you think are awesome and ones you loathe. People are individuals.

2 minutes ago, Humbug said:

There are jackasses everywhere.

No point trying to connect it to Bioware...

In every big company (your favourites and your worst) you will find both people who you think are awesome and ones you loathe. People are individuals.

I understand that. All I'm saying is that EA, as the umbrella company for Bioware has a reputation for having absolutely no respect for their customers or people in general. So it's an unfortunate turn of events that is not exactly unexpected. I'm not saying that plenty of EA/Bioware employees are this way of course, only that with the culture the company has one could expect this would be more likely at EA.

For all those that are interested, TotalBiscuit's wife will be doing a memorial Co Optional podcast in his honour and will continue the show. 

28 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

For all those that are interested, TotalBiscuit's wife will be doing a memorial Co Optional podcast in his honour and will continue the show. 

Watching this now, hard watch.

Brooke and Jesse are cool, and will be really comforting to Genna.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

On 5/24/2018 at 4:30 PM, MimigaKing said:

Precisely, my mom didn't get diagnosed before it was already in terminal stage 4. She passed away 55 days later from colon cancer as well.

I’m so sorry.

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://reddit.com/r/cynicalbritofficial/comments/8pjzt2/thank_you_from_genna/?__twitter_impression=true

Holy shit.

This is just heartbreaking, TB died, 675K debt to the IRS, a year since diagnosed with endometrial cancer and her father died 7 months ago.

I am just lost for words, nobody should be in a situation like this, I hope with this post the GoFundMe page explodes

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here