Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Sickening, worst thing to happen to a car or bike guy. I lost my Raptor at the begging of the year and was gutted for weeks.

Pete

So this happened today :( for anyone that watched his videos ....

Today is a sad day :/

cliff's for those of us that don't have 17 minutes to blow on something we don't know if we're interested in or not?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

cliff's for those of us that don't have 17 minutes to blow on something we don't know if we're interested in or not?

or you could watch just the first 6 minutes ....

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

the nuder was stolen? what the hell is a nuder? his bike?  

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

So this happened today :( for anyone that watched his videos ....

Today is a sad day :/

for anyone wondering, its a guy being way over dramatic about his bike getting stolen.  I hate car/bike thieves as much as the next guy, but he's acting like is best friend was murdered and from what he said in the vid, wanted to paralyze the guy... really man, get over it.  metal can be replaced, people can't.  even a low life scumbag thief life is worth more than your stupid bike

(post not directed at madmanmarsbars but at the guy in the vid)

Goddamit! It was the icon of his channel and now its gone. I actually feel really bad about the loss even though I just watch RJ's videos. Fucking stealing cunts!

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

for anyone wondering, its a guy being way over dramatic about his bike getting stolen.  I hate car/bike thieves as much as the next guy, but he's acting like is best friend was murdered and from what he said in the vid, wanted to paralyze the guy... really man, get over it.  metal can be replaced, people can't.  even a low life scumbag thief life is worth more than your stupid bike

We really need a unlike button for drivel like this.....

Pete

We really need a unlike button for drivel like this.....

so what? you agree that the guy that stole his bike deserves to have his back broken?

Yep for sure...When I had my raptor stolen along with the contents of my work unit in January I would have quite happily beat the thief with a hammer if I caught them, that was 20k of my money and my free time for a whole year down the pan... I'm not some kid I'm a middle aged man so when I say that I pretty much mean it. 

Pete

Yep for sure...When I had my raptor stolen along with the contents of my work unit in January I would have quite happily beat the thief with a hammer if I caught them, that was 20k of my money and my free time for a whole year down the pan... I'm not some kid I'm a middle aged man so when I say that I pretty much mean it. 

thats what insurance is for...

and for the record, you're a horrible human being, not much better than the lowlife that stole it from you...  your raptor is replaceable, its an inanimate object...  I love cars as much as the next guy, but getting attached to it like its your child or something is retarded.  and being a middle aged man with this kind of mind set on life just makes it that much worse

the nuder was stolen? what the hell is a nuder? his bike?  

Nuda*

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

thats what insurance is for...

and for the record, you're a horrible human being, not much better than the lowlife that stole it from you...  your raptor is replaceable, its an inanimate object...  I love cars as much as the next guy, but getting attached to it like its your child or something is retarded.  and being a middle aged man with this kind of mind set on life just makes it that much worse

Tell you what fella try this to see how people react about their possessions...

Go down you're local bike meet this weekend and sit on the nicest custom hog you see in the car park, when the owner comes along to talk to you tell him " whats the big deal its only a bike..."

Be sure to come back and tell us all how you got on.

As for me being a horrible person, fuckin right I am to someone stealing my stuff, as horrible as I can possibly be.

Pete

Tell you what fella try this to see how people react about their possessions...

Go down you're local bike meet this weekend and sit on the nicest custom hog you see in the car park, when the owner comes along to talk to you tell him " whats the big deal its only a bike..."

Be sure to come back and tell us all how you got on.

As for me being a horrible person, fuckin right I am to someone stealing my stuff, as horrible as I can possibly be.

I'm not saying the guy the stole his bike is in anyway justified or not an asshole, or that people don't need to have respect for others property.  but breaking someones back or taking a hammer to someone for stealing something of yours is going a few steps too far...

besides the whole ruining someones life (something being stolen from you doesn't affect the rest of your life, a broken back does), think of the legal repercussions for doing something like that.  idk about the UK, but you'd go to prison for beating someone with a hammer for stealing your car or bike in the US... is that really worth it?  You're middle aged so I'm gonna assume you have a wife and kids, you really want them to have to live without a husband/dad for years just so you can have a couple moments of revenge over your f*cking truck?

Yep I'd gladly do time...if I caught them in my garage probably not get any time at all. I have a wife and my boy is 22 and I'd expect him to come and help, I'm sure he would.

Mow stop running your lips about stuff you don't understand, go do what i said to give yourself a education about human nature of the gear head come back here and we'll discuss it some more.

Pete

Oh btw it wasn't a truck it was a bike.

Pete

Sigh. Got a certificate from a course i completed today. Which will lead to a job where the average pay is around $2800 a month.

But i've got one more year of uni prep to do before i can start looking for work.

When i finally get a job after completing uni prep the government will nab half my paycheck (Or thereabouts) every month for five years..

Almost tempted to eat noodles during that time to afford a project car. 

Will probably have to make do with a daily driver that gets a few upgrades during those years..

I really don't want to drive the golf for six more years..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

You obviuosly don't have bonds with your cars. You wouldn't know how it would feel if your car that you dumped thousands of dollars were to be stolen, and then worst case scenario, your car would be totally gutted. if it were me, it would totally shatter my heart.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Sigh. Got a certificate from a course i completed today. Which will lead to a job where the average pay is around $2800 a month.

But i've got one more year of uni prep to do before i can start looking for work.

When i finally get a job after completing uni prep the government will nab half my paycheck (Or thereabouts) every month for five years..

Almost tempted to eat noodles during that time to afford a project car. 

Will probably have to make do with a daily driver that gets a few upgrades during those years..

I really don't want to drive the golf for six more years..

but parts for a golf are cheap bc they're common so that's some money saved

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

but parts for a golf are cheap bc they're common so that's some money saved

Yes but its such a pig to work on.. And it feels like the car equivalent of oatmeal. Works just fine but god damn is it bland

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Yes but its such a pig to work on.. And it feels like the car equivalent of oatmeal. Works just fine but god damn is it bland

You could have gotten an R32 Golf.

You could have gotten an R32 Golf.

I really couldn't

You obviuosly don't have bonds with your cars. You wouldn't know how it would feel if your car that you dumped thousands of dollars were to be stolen, and then worst case scenario, your car would be totally gutted. if it were me, it would totally shatter my heart.

you're right.. I don't, I treat my cars like cars and not the love of my life.  and for the record I've dumped thousands of dollars into almost every car I've owned.

sure it'd piss me off, I'd be bummed.. but I wouldn't wanna take a hammer to anyone over it

I'm not saying the guy the stole his bike is in anyway justified or not an asshole, or that people don't need to have respect for others property. but breaking someones back or taking a hammer to someone for stealing something of yours is going a few steps too far...

besides the whole ruining someones life (something being stolen from you doesn't affect the rest of your life, a broken back does), think of the legal repercussions for doing something like that. idk about the UK, but you'd go to prison for beating someone with a hammer for stealing your car or bike in the US... is that really worth it? You're middle aged so I'm gonna assume you have a wife and kids, you really want them to have to live without a husband/dad for years just so you can have a couple moments of revenge over your f*cking truck?

That's a lost cause man. I thought that guy on his bike was killed or something. Robberies happen all the time and it isn't a big enough problem to dramatize and grieve about.

System: Thinkpad T460

That's a lost cause man. I thought that guy on his bike was killed or something. Robberies happen all the time and it isn't a big enough problem to dramatize and grieve about.

EXACTLY!