Is it 500W enough for an i7-8700k, 970,8gb Ram...

Mcducken
3 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

No its not.

Why don't you listen?!
There aren't that many good quality PSU for not too much money on the market. You can count the good ones on one hand in the Bronze area.

So you have two options:
a) get a cheaper CPU/Board and a good PSU and have fun with it for many years

b) Get the 8700k, cheap out on the PSU, be unsatisfied with the system because it crashes all the time, the PSU is loud as a lawnmower and you loose all the hardware after the warranty is over...

You don't seem to want to grasp the importance of a good PSU with independent voltage regulation...

in this page http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

it is considered tier 2 and a good option, that´s why I´m asking. I´m listen carefuly sir, I´m just gathering information from everywhere. Also, it´s kind of funny that I´ve been using a  Corsair CX500M with the green label for all this years and nothing happened even I did OC to a Fx-6300.

Considering my low budget, which one would you recomend me to buy? because I don´t really know which one is the one you are recommending me.

14 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

That list hasn't been updated in three years.  Furthermore, that list is even more subjective than the one on this site.

If you don't want a fully modular PSU, get the TX550M instead.   Should be cheaper.

I´m going to buy that one! thanks!! will I be able to do an OC? just asking

If you already have a CX500 and money is tight, don't upgrade. That is more than enough for your 8700K and 970, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I see no reason you can't OC on it either (as long as you're not going extreme LN2 blah blah).

"Rawr XD"

67931.png

gainwardgtx970_graphs_power.png

power.png

GTX-970-SLI-79.jpg

These tests are all done using test benches with overclocked extreme-edition i7's that will draw noticeably more power than your 8700K even if you overclock it. For your entire system, good luck hitting 300W total system power draw especially under normal usage. Unless you run Furmark all day or mine, a CX500 will have no problem handling that.

"Rawr XD"

45 minutes ago, Aniallation said:

If you already have a CX500 and money is tight, don't upgrade. That is more than enough for your 8700K and 970, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I see no reason you can't OC on it either (as long as you're not going extreme LN2 blah blah).

The PSU was enough for his build, but it's a really old unit.  He's already stated it's out of warranty.

@Mcducken What's the first four digits of your PSU's serial number?  Those numbers represent year of manufacture and week.

2 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

The PSU was enough for his build, but it's a really old unit.  He's already stated it's out of warranty.

@Mcducken What's the first four digits of your PSU's serial number?  Those numbers represent year of manufacture and week.

I left my psu in Chile, but I can tell that that psu has more than 3 years of use.

3 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

That list hasn't been updated in three years.  Furthermore, that list is even more subjective than the one on this site.

If you don't want a fully modular PSU, get the TX550M instead.   Should be cheaper.

Will I be able to overclock the cpu or gpu with that psu? or both?

2 hours ago, Mcducken said:

Will I be able to overclock the cpu or gpu with that psu? or both?

Yes.  Of course.  The only shortcoming of that PSU is that it's semi-modular. 

There's no 550w review in English, but here's the 750W:  http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=528

Here's the 550W in German:  https://www.tweakpc.de/hardware/tests/netzteile/corsair_tx550m/s01.php

15 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

No, just no!

A 450W Bitfenix Formula is a way better choice than a 630/650W Thermaltake Bronze one. And those calculators are bullshit and totally useless.

Everyone who knows how to use google can guess the values within minutes, you don't need some shitty database that outright lies about the consumption of the PC!

I've tried Outervision PSU Calculator with my i7-3930K, RX480, couple of other stuff I've measured. And with prime and heaven I'm barely able to push the primary consumption to around 400W (with a 400W Pure Power L10 CM) - and that's the primary consumption!

And around 87% Efficiency or so (230VAC/50Hz)...

And with other (Gold/Platinum) PSU I get something around 350-370W in the same situation.

Outervision tells something about 519W PSU Wattage, 469W consumption and something about 9,7A on 3,3V and 8.6A on +5V.

I've never seen such high amperage on minor rails with my Corsair HX750i - the best I could do was around 7A or so on 3,3V - with my LGA1366 system. That X79 thing was around 2,5-3A or so, 4-5A at worst. Nowhere near the guestimate...

So forget those things, they are far from the reality...

So that thing is at least 100W off in this case. And the reocommendation is rather bad.

Yes while a 450 - 550 watt might work just fine... you never want me be over 90% of you psu capacity. Which is why it is best to always aim for 75-80 % of your psu rates level.

Now let's look at 650watts for example. It is easy to find a GOOD one at a similar price to your recommendations. Also the more watts you have to spare the less you need to worry about picking our a gold or platinum psu. Looking at my local microcenter I can get a 650w season is gold for 59.99. I can get a enermax silver 650 for 39.99.

Or I can get a 500w gold for 50-80 depending on brand. It isn't always cheaper to just go bare minimum wattage.

Also when you go higher wattage you have more choices and don't need to cherry pick models. Since quality isn't as crucial when you have headroom on a good name brand

35 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Yes while a 450 - 550 watt might work just fine... you never want me be over 90% of you psu capacity. Which is why it is best to always aim for 75-80 % of your psu rates level.

And why don't you want to be over 90% of the capacity? Since all PSUs from any decent brand are rated to run at a 100% load at their max rated temperature 24/7 for the entirety of their warranty. Besides, a mainstream platform with a 1080 will run at under 350W.

Also the more watts you have to spare the less you need to worry about picking our a gold or platinum psu

And why is that?

Looking at my local microcenter I can get a 650w season is gold for 59.99. I can get a enermax silver 650 for 39.99.

Or I can get a 500w gold for 50-80 depending on brand. It isn't always cheaper to just go bare minimum wattage.

And why not just get a better lower wattage PSU? Instead of having a needlessly high wattage PSU?

Also when you go higher wattage you have more choices and don't need to cherry pick models. Since quality isn't as crucial when you have headroom on a good name brand

All brands are equally capable of selling crap. So buying by brand is just as stupid as with GPUs. You don't think that a GT610 is as good as a 1080 Ti, do you? They are from the same brand.

Edited by seon123
Something something

:)

1 hour ago, AngryBeaver said:

Why sould that be?!
We ain't livin in 2003 where many to most PSU on the Market were shit and not able to put out the rated capacity. 

All what you are saying right now is a Fairy Tale about PSU, not based on facts.

Just look at how some trustworthy companys advertize their PSU!
They mention CONTINUOUS power, some even mention 24/7 operation at 100% load.

So now tell me why should I believe you over what a manufacturer says about his own products?

Now let's look at 650watts for example. It is easy to find a GOOD one at a similar price to your recommendations.

No its not. That's why I compared the 630W/650W Thermaltake to th 450W Bitfenix Formula. 

They are about the same Price!

https://geizhals.de/bitfenix-formula-gold-450w-atx-2-4-bf450g-bp-fm450ulag-9r-a1720222.html

Formula for around 65€

Thermaltake Smart SE 630W for aroudn 60€.

https://geizhals.de/thermaltake-smart-se-630w-atx-2-3-sps-630mpcbeu-a902318.html?hloc=de

Also the more watts you have to spare the less you need to worry about picking our a gold or platinum psu.

???
What are you talking about?!

We aren't talking about 80plus Gold, Platinum, Unobtanium, we are talking about "not great" PSU vs. Good PSU.

They just happen to be 80plus gold...

I really don't understand what you are trying to say and why you are saying it...

1. You want good quality first, if it is loaded at 90% or 100% does not matter. Because you want quality, not some imaginary shit that doesn't give you any benefit.

2. The higher quality PSU is better in every way: Longlivety, fan quality, voltage regulation and quality as well as noise.

3. There is absolute no reason to go for a shitty 650-750W PSU when you can get a very good quality 450W unit.

What good is a ~600W PSU that rotates at 2000-2500rpm under load, has no OCP on any rail and is just not worth thinking about today...

Sorry, but what you are saying here is just wrong and not based on any facts.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

12 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Yes.  Of course.  The only shortcoming of that PSU is that it's semi-modular. 

There's no 550w review in English, but here's the 750W:  http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=528

Here's the 550W in German:  https://www.tweakpc.de/hardware/tests/netzteile/corsair_tx550m/s01.php

Thanks about everything friend! I’m glad, now I’m looking forward for the rmx of 650W. Or is it enough and safe to do OC with the 550W psu?

9 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Why sould that be?!
We ain't livin in 2003 where many to most PSU on the Market were shit and not able to put out the rated capacity. 

All what you are saying right now is a Fairy Tale about PSU, not based on facts.

Just look at how some trustworthy companys advertize their PSU!
They mention CONTINUOUS power, some even mention 24/7 operation at 100% load.

So now tell me why should I believe you over what a manufacturer says about his own products?

No its not. That's why I compared the 630W/650W Thermaltake to th 450W Bitfenix Formula. 

They are about the same Price!

https://geizhals.de/bitfenix-formula-gold-450w-atx-2-4-bf450g-bp-fm450ulag-9r-a1720222.html

Formula for around 65€

Thermaltake Smart SE 630W for aroudn 60€.

https://geizhals.de/thermaltake-smart-se-630w-atx-2-3-sps-630mpcbeu-a902318.html?hloc=de

???

We aren't talking about 80plus Gold, Platinum, Unobtanium, we are talking about "not great" PSU vs. Good PSU.

They just happen to be 80plus gold...

I really don't understand what you are trying to say and why you are saying it...

1. You want good quality first, if it is loaded at 90% or 100% does not matter. Because you want quality, not some imaginary shit that doesn't give you any benefit.

2. The higher quality PSU is better in every way: Longlivety, fan quality, voltage regulation and quality as well as noise.

3. There is absolute no reason to go for a shitty 650-750W PSU when you can get a very good quality 450W unit.

What good is a ~600W PSU that rotates at 2000-2500rpm under load, has no OCP on any rail and is just not worth thinking about today...

Sorry, but what you are saying here is just wrong and not based on any facts.

Well first off that manufacture you choose to believe over me is looking for your business and trying to sale you on terms like continuous, peak, etc...

Also have you look at what these different level standards mean and at what load they are for... I'll give you a hint it isn't for 90% usage.

As to a 1080 running on a 350w... yah not happening unless your are talking all mobile platform.

I also have never once said go for a "shitty psu"... that would be some no name or bundled psu that retail for 20 bucks for a 600 watt.

I am talking about buying one from a know brand. Enermax, eggs, corsair, seasonic.

Also your gpu comparison isn't a good one. You leave out an important part of the puzzle.

If I know for example eggs makes great cards then yes it doesn't matter if it is a 1080ti of a 750ti... they are still a brand I would put faith in. Now your comparison on performance is flawed... I don't expect a 400w psu to perform like a 1200w.

On top of all this I wouldn't recommend a psu under 650 to most people. Upgrades, fans, lighting, Usb ports (especially usb-c), pumps, storage drives, and even overclocking all add up. Having the headroom is never a bad thing.

You keep telling yourself you are right.  Hopefully, I still frequent these forums when you discover the error of your ways.

6 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

You keep telling yourself you are right.  Hopefully, I still frequent these forums when you discover the error of your ways.

I really hope you eventually get even the slightest bit of self awareness. 

:)

33 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Well first off that manufacture you choose to believe over me is looking for your business and trying to sale you on terms like continuous, peak, etc...

Also have you look at what these different level standards mean and at what load they are for... I'll give you a hint it isn't for 90% usage.

#fakenews.

3 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

1. There are libel laws. If a manufacturer advertises 'Continuous' Power and delivers Peak power, you can sue them. And also in some countrys competitors could get either a court order or an injunction to the other manufacturer that could in a worst case scenario order that manufacturer to stop selling those falsly advertized units...

2. "that manufacturer" is Bitfenix, Antec, Corsair, be quiet. And if I'd look into it further, I probably find many more.

So right now it is one random person of the internets without any credits against at least 4 reputable PSU manufacturers.

Correct, 80plus specifies Efficiency at 20%, 50% and 100% load...

So an 80plus certified unit is able to put out 100% load - if the sold unit is the same as the one send in...

As to a 1080 running on a 350w... yah not happening unless your are talking all mobile platform.

I haven't tried it.

But I ran a GTX570 (don't know if it was the ASUS or the Gigabyte) and a Phenom II X4 955BE on a 350W (Cougar STX350).

But nobody is talking about 350W anyway because there aren't any good units in that area around. The lowest wattage decent quality ones are 400W: Be quiet Pure Power 10. And some 450W: some Corsair, the mentioned Bitfenix Formula and also the Whisper M. And the new be quiet Straight Power 11.

That is what we are talking about. 

I also have never once said go for a "shitty psu"... that would be some no name or bundled psu that retail for 20 bucks for a 600 watt.

I am talking about buying one from a know brand. Enermax, eggs, corsair, seasonic.

As said, they are all equally capable of selling garbage. And they have to because of some people demanding shitty PSU.

And what you are doing is telling people to get more watt instead of higher quality ones.

And also what you are missing is that if your system consumes 350W and you get a 650W "System Integrator" unit, you get only disadvantages over the low higher end 450W unit like the Bitfenix Formula I mention here. 

What good does the 650W do when you don't need the wattage?!
The "Moar Watt!!11" is only something you can benefit from, when you need it.

Also your gpu comparison isn't a good one. You leave out an important part of the puzzle.

I was talking about MY SYSTEM, what I MEASURED, I wasn't speculating.

The i7-3930K and RX480 are things I have here right now. And I've used that on a 400W (be quiet Pure Power 10 CM)...

That was all what I was talking about the rest was someone else...

If I know for example eggs makes great cards then yes it doesn't matter if it is a 1080ti of a 750ti... they are still a brand I would put faith in. Now your comparison on performance is flawed... I don't expect a 400w psu to perform like a 1200w.

Yes and I don't expect a "System Integrator Level" PSU perform the same as a lower high end unit like the Bitfenix unit(s) I mentioned.

That is also something you are missing. 

Like the voltage regulation especially under "crossload" situations.

For example heavy +12V Load and no load on +5V and +3,3V....

The ones you are recommending are going to go out of spec when loaded in this way.

The ones I am recommending are not.

So that should prove that there are different "performance levels" even with PSU.

And also the fan RPM and fan quality is something you are ignoring as well.

The Bitfenix units have specified to have an FDB fan.

I haven't deconstructed one of those and probably never will, so I have to take the word of the manufacturer for that.

On top of all this I wouldn't recommend a psu under 650 to most people. Upgrades, fans, lighting, Usb ports (especially usb-c), pumps, storage drives, and even overclocking all add up. Having the headroom is never a bad thing.

Because you have no idea what a PC consumes these days.

Arguing with storage is stupid because that doesn't consume much at all. Normal consumer fans are specified for something like 0,2A/12V or something like that...

Overclocking is something that doesn't make much sense these days...

Get a kill-A-Watt or some other powermeter and go measuring the power consumption of a PC!

You are overestimating what components are consuming in a real life scenario by an order of magnitude!

The normal power consumption while gaming with a normal PC (no OC and such things) is normally somewhat around 200-350W with a higher end graphics card...

And here were some people showing some measurements of Graphics cards under load as well.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 17/02/2018 at 8:51 AM, Mcducken said:

Hi, I don’t know if I have to buy another psu or keep using the one that I have. I’ve been searching information on internet about it, and some people say that I have to buy a better one, however other people that seem very wise about the topic say that it is just perfect. I’m not buying another psu because I don’t have enough money. I’m using this opportunity of having vacations in The United States for upgrading my pc because in Chile the country where I live the hardware is too expensive :(. Please help and sorry about my English.  

My current psu : Corsair CX500 - 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply

It'll run it. You may be past peak efficiency and I would go for a platinum one because a good psu is super important but you should be ok.

7 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

1. There are libel laws. If a manufacturer advertises 'Continuous' Power and delivers Peak power, you can sue them. And also in some countrys competitors could get either a court order or an injunction to the other manufacturer that could in a worst case scenario order that manufacturer to stop selling those falsly advertized units...

2. "that manufacturer" is Bitfenix, Antec, Corsair, be quiet. And if I'd look into it further, I probably find many more.

So right now it is one random person of the internets without any credits against at least 4 reputable PSU manufacturers.

Correct, 80plus specifies Efficiency at 20%, 50% and 100% load...

So an 80plus certified unit is able to put out 100% load - if the sold unit is the same as the one send in...

I haven't tried it.

But I ran a GTX570 (don't know if it was the ASUS or the Gigabyte) and a Phenom II X4 955BE on a 350W (Cougar STX350).

But nobody is talking about 350W anyway because there aren't any good units in that area around. The lowest wattage decent quality ones are 400W: Be quiet Pure Power 10. And some 450W: some Corsair, the mentioned Bitfenix Formula and also the Whisper M. And the new be quiet Straight Power 11.

That is what we are talking about. 

As said, they are all equally capable of selling garbage. And they have to because of some people demanding shitty PSU.

And what you are doing is telling people to get more watt instead of higher quality ones.

And also what you are missing is that if your system consumes 350W and you get a 650W "System Integrator" unit, you get only disadvantages over the low higher end 450W unit like the Bitfenix Formula I mention here. 

What good does the 650W do when you don't need the wattage?!
The "Moar Watt!!11" is only something you can benefit from, when you need it.

I was talking about MY SYSTEM, what I MEASURED, I wasn't speculating.

The i7-3930K and RX480 are things I have here right now. And I've used that on a 400W (be quiet Pure Power 10 CM)...

That was all what I was talking about the rest was someone else...

Yes and I don't expect a "System Integrator Level" PSU perform the same as a lower high end unit like the Bitfenix unit(s) I mentioned.

That is also something you are missing. 

Like the voltage regulation especially under "crossload" situations.

For example heavy +12V Load and no load on +5V and +3,3V....

The ones you are recommending are going to go out of spec when loaded in this way.

The ones I am recommending are not.

So that should prove that there are different "performance levels" even with PSU.

And also the fan RPM and fan quality is something you are ignoring as well.

The Bitfenix units have specified to have an FDB fan.

I haven't deconstructed one of those and probably never will, so I have to take the word of the manufacturer for that.

Because you have no idea what a PC consumes these days.

Arguing with storage is stupid because that doesn't consume much at all. Normal consumer fans are specified for something like 0,2A/12V or something like that...

Overclocking is something that doesn't make much sense these days...

Get a kill-A-Watt or some other powermeter and go measuring the power consumption of a PC!

You are overestimating what components are consuming in a real life scenario by an order of magnitude!

The normal power consumption while gaming with a normal PC (no OC and such things) is normally somewhat around 200-350W with a higher end graphics card...

And here were some people showing some measurements of Graphics cards under load as well.

My current machine pulls about 850-950 from the wall running full out. I can also track this with the software that comes with my PSU AX1200i (Corsair)

Once again I am in NO way recommending a bad power supply. There is a massive difference from anything being produced by the manufacturers I have previously listed and a cheap 20 dollar PSU or a no name brand included as a bundle with a case.

I understand that the very high end PSU's can put out cleaner power, but motherboards and other pc components are able to operate with the fluctuations you see on even a lower tier PSU. That is something that VRM's are there for.

I also understand that while a 500watt PSU can run at 500 watts full load for a decent while and that you also have warranties to cover early failures... but a PSU running at full 100% usage is going to fail more quickly... that is just how life works. Also if you are operating at close to 100% you literally have no headroom for more components or to even OC anything.

I am in no way saying you are wrong. I am not saying there is something wrong with running a 500 watt psu if that is all you want. I am just saying there are more options out there and that sometimes moving up in the size of the PSU can give you better pricing and quality options. It also gives you headroom for upgrades and means you can use that same PSU if you choose to do a complete upgrade in 4-5 years.

Also if you do some digging into my background I am not some uneducated clueless person on these forums. I have experience all over the IT world and have build more PC's for myself and friends than probably 10-15 people combined on these forums. I am not trying to brag or anything, but in general I know what I am saying even if I don't always articulate it good enough for others to grasp my meaning.

10 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

My current machine pulls about 850-950 from the wall running full out. I can also track this with the software that comes with my PSU AX1200i (Corsair)

Once again I am in NO way recommending a bad power supply. There is a massive difference from anything being produced by the manufacturers I have previously listed and a cheap 20 dollar PSU or a no name brand included as a bundle with a case.

I understand that the very high end PSU's can put out cleaner power, but motherboards and other pc components are able to operate with the fluctuations you see on even a lower tier PSU. That is something that VRM's are there for.

I also understand that while a 500watt PSU can run at 500 watts full load for a decent while and that you also have warranties to cover early failures... but a PSU running at full 100% usage is going to fail more quickly... that is just how life works. Also if you are operating at close to 100% you literally have no headroom for more components or to even OC anything.

I am in no way saying you are wrong. I am not saying there is something wrong with running a 500 watt psu if that is all you want. I am just saying there are more options out there and that sometimes moving up in the size of the PSU can give you better pricing and quality options. It also gives you headroom for upgrades and means you can use that same PSU if you choose to do a complete upgrade in 4-5 years.

Also if you do some digging into my background I am not some uneducated clueless person on these forums. I have experience all over the IT world and have build more PC's for myself and friends than probably 10-15 people combined on these forums. I am not trying to brag or anything, but in general I know what I am saying even if I don't always articulate it good enough for others to grasp my meaning.

Let's ask a @jonnyGURU, who works at Corsair

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Damn... Tagged again.

You can't trust every PSU to run at 100% load, 100% of the time unless you know the engineering behind each unit.

Tier 1 manufacturers (actual, not "tier 1" as used in these forums and others) will do DMTBF.  This is different than MTBF as actual PSUs are run at high temperatures, full load for an extended period of time.  Fall out is expected and is calculated into the overall life span of the PSU.  MTBF is just a mathematical equation.

From Corsair's point of view, you can run any of their PSUs 24/7, 100% load, at whatever their rated temperature is and 90% of production units will continue to run beyond their warranty period.

Of course, the only way someone is going to run at 100% load for 24/7 is probably mining.  And 50°C is pretty hot if you think about it, so that says a lot about a PSU like the RMx, RMi, HX, etc.  If you're gaming, you're probably only running at a 40°C temperature even if your fan is sucking air in from the inside of the chassis.  And you're only close to full load in game.  So unless you're gaming around the clock... that PSU isn't going to fail anytime soon.  That is, unless there's an inherent flaw in the product like a crack component, cold solder joint, etc.    Simply because manufacturing process aren't 100% foolproof (yet).

On 2/18/2018 at 8:49 AM, AngryBeaver said:

On topic: OP is not going to be running anywhere near 90% of psu capacity. 

On 2/18/2018 at 10:47 AM, Mcducken said:

Or is it enough and safe to do OC with the 550W psu?

It is.

"Rawr XD"