CSGO Peripherals

SkylakeAlex6700k

Hi, I’m getting more and more into CSGO with my friends and have a few $$$ to spend on stuff for my desktop setup. 

There are two main things I have in mind to upgrade, my keyboard and my headset.

Here is my current pair of headphones - https://www.thehouseofmarley.com/headphones/rebel-bt-on-ear-headphones.html

I use the built-in mic.

And my current keyboard - https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Digital-Media-Pro-Keyboard/dp/B0002CPBUK

My question is, are my current headphones OK for CSGO (hearing footsteps from behind) or at least comparable to something OK. And if so, should I get a mechanical keyboard (Red dragon k551 vara). Will a good keyboard make a difference? I have a Corsair Katar mouse.

Thanks!

Hi, I’m getting more and more into CSGO with my friends and have a few $$$ to spend on stuff for my desktop setup. 

There are two main things I have in mind to upgrade, my keyboard and my headset.

Here is my current pair of headphones - https://www.thehouseofmarley.com/headphones/rebel-bt-on-ear-headphones.html

I use the built-in mic.

And my current keyboard - https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Digital-Media-Pro-Keyboard/dp/B0002CPBUK

My question is, are my current headphones OK for CSGO (hearing footsteps from behind) or at least comparable to something OK. And if so, should I get a mechanical keyboard (Red dragon k551 vara). Will a good keyboard make a difference? I have a Corsair Katar mouse.

Thanks!

its not like it will make you better at the game, but it might feel better when playing 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

game sense is more imporant/ 

what do u mean is ur current headphone ok? can u hear footsteps from behind? u r the one having it so why not answer it urself

and how much can u spend, thats important too

rip

I would put the money towards a better monitor before a KB. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

7 minutes ago, rip said:

game sense is more imporant/ 

what do u mean is ur current headphone ok? can u hear footsteps from behind? u r the one having it so why not answer it urself

and how much can u spend, thats important too

The headphones are ok ish. I can distinguish left and right, but it’s hard to tell front and back. I can spend around $50.

Just now, SkylakeAlex6700k said:

The headphones are ok ish. I can distinguish left and right, but it’s hard to tell front and back. I can spend around $50.

Logitech g35

rip

1 minute ago, SkylakeAlex6700k said:

Tad out of my price range. :/ 

hyperx cloud stinger/core

rip

Just now, rip said:

So you’re saying to upgrade my headphones? Not keyboard? It sticks sometimes.

3 minutes ago, rip said:

Should I look at some with virtual 7.1 or is that something I could do with software?

16 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

I would put the money towards a better monitor before a KB. 

100% Agreed. A new 144hz monitor, assuming you don't already have one, will have a bigger impact than say a new KB or headset.

If you want a KB still, I recommend red or brown switches. You want actuation to be smooth and relatively short so you can stutter step efficiently. People can do it just about any mechanical switch but since you're getting a brand new one might as well go for the mentioned switch types. I personally use the K70 with Cherry MX Speed switches and they're much better to use compared to my old Rosewill with Blue switches.

Headset wise I'm not too knowledgeable in this department so you're going to have to wait for someone who is better equipped to answer you about whether your headset is comparable to a decent headset. In the meantime, if you are looking to get a new headset, basically budget end would be the HyperX Cloud headsets and if you're looking to spend more then I would recommend the one I'm using now the BT 770 80 Ohm, only issue is that the BT's have no in build mic so you need have another solution either by buying a standalone table mic of some sort or the modmic.

What?

2 hours ago, SkylakeAlex6700k said:

Should I look at some with virtual 7.1 or is that something I could do with software?

Don’t bother with 7.1 on headphones, physical or software. It’s not worth it

That's an F in the profile pic

Gear doesn't matter as long you advertise with some trading site in your steam name.

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

6 hours ago, Froody129 said:

Don’t bother with 7.1 on headphones, physical or software. It’s not worth it

Do You think I should go with the hyper x cloud stingers or the Corsair Void Surround Hybrid?

3 minutes ago, SkylakeAlex6700k said:

Do You think I should go with the hyper x cloud stingers or the Corsair Void Surround Hybrid?

Umm, I don’t have personal experience with either. I have tried the Cloud 2s and they’re amazing, so I’m assuming the stingers are a slightly dumbed down version of the same product. Personally I would get those since Voids don’t have the same rep for quality as the clouds.

NOTE: I may be entirely wrong and this is my opinion, there will usually be lots of reviews on these kinds of products

That's an F in the profile pic

56 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Umm, I don’t have personal experience with either. I have tried the Cloud 2s and they’re amazing, so I’m assuming the stingers are a slightly dumbed down version of the same product. Personally I would get those since Voids don’t have the same rep for quality as the clouds.

NOTE: I may be entirely wrong and this is my opinion, there will usually be lots of reviews on these kinds of products

Ok, that's cool. Thank You all so much!

- Threads Merged -

It not allowed to post twice the same topic in separate areas of the Forum

If you have a question post it in the respective area.

Thanks

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

18 hours ago, SlayerL0rd said:

100% Agreed. A new 144hz monitor, assuming you don't already have one, will have a bigger impact than say a new KB or headset.

If you want a KB still, I recommend red or brown switches. You want actuation to be smooth and relatively short so you can stutter step efficiently. People can do it just about any mechanical switch but since you're getting a brand new one might as well go for the mentioned switch types. I personally use the K70 with Cherry MX Speed switches and they're much better to use compared to my old Rosewill with Blue switches.

Yes agree a screen will make the biggest difference. 

With switches its completely personal I got reds on my first one as everyone said they the best for CSGO and I'm now typing on that keyboard at the office, I can't stand it for CSGO, doesn't make the switch bad just not for me, and thats the point switches are personal there is no better than the other switch and thats including KHAL and Razer switches. 

@OP try play on someones to see how you like reds,blues or browns. Mouse wise you good.

19 hours ago, SkylakeAlex6700k said:

don't bother its a waste of time. 

I'd take the stingers over the Voids anyday, I've had nothing but amazing experience with my Clouds and my mates gone through two sets of Voids as he wants everything corsair. 

Otherwise honestly a decent set of in-ears is also a very solid option I use the razer ones at tournaments as it kills the noise beautiful with my clouds on top. you just playing in your room so you'll be good, and I ran a webcam as my mic for a long time as I hate having shit in front of my face and even during the ESL leauge there was no issues with my mic quality during the online games. 

truth be told again the screen will make the biggest difference hands down, and a nice big mouse pad is vital. after that its just practice and dialing in a mouse sensitivity that works for you. 

Also watch pro games, you'll be amazed at how much you learn from them. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

2 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

- Threads Merged -

It not allowed to post twice the same topic in separate areas of the Forum

If you have a question post it in the respective area.

Thanks

I know, I didn't know how to delete a post. Sorry.

2 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

Yes agree a screen will make the biggest difference. 

With switches its completely personal I got reds on my first one as everyone said they the best for CSGO and I'm now typing on that keyboard at the office, I can't stand it for CSGO, doesn't make the switch bad just not for me, and thats the point switches are personal there is no better than the other switch and thats including KHAL and Razer switches. 

@OP try play on someones to see how you like reds,blues or browns. Mouse wise you good.

don't bother its a waste of time. 

I'd take the stingers over the Voids anyday, I've had nothing but amazing experience with my Clouds and my mates gone through two sets of Voids as he wants everything corsair. 

Otherwise honestly a decent set of in-ears is also a very solid option I use the razer ones at tournaments as it kills the noise beautiful with my clouds on top. you just playing in your room so you'll be good, and I ran a webcam as my mic for a long time as I hate having shit in front of my face and even during the ESL leauge there was no issues with my mic quality during the online games. 

truth be told again the screen will make the biggest difference hands down, and a nice big mouse pad is vital. after that its just practice and dialing in a mouse sensitivity that works for you. 

Also watch pro games, you'll be amazed at how much you learn from them. 

I got the Stingers than thank you soo much!

2 minutes ago, SkylakeAlex6700k said:

I know, I didn't know how to delete a post. Sorry.

You can always report your own post if posted in the wrong place and Moderators can move it, if you double post by accident we can can also delete that post by request.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

4 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

You can always report your own post if posted in the wrong place and Moderators can move it, if you double post by accident we can can also delete that post by request.

ok, is there not an option to remove your own post?

On ‎24‎-‎10‎-‎2017 at 3:59 PM, Froody129 said:

Yeah Cloud II are really good for CSGO. Sound and surround are very nice, no complaints there. The only problem is the mic, only way to fix that is people tuning up your volume.