The Anti-RGB PC

LinusTech
17 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

sort of almost self-deprecating "haha this is dumb so we'll do it for fun" style, but they can't really pull that off anymore

As I've said before, this video feels like it's intended for 5-10 year old kids who watch Viners turn YouTubers who burn stuff in their house and shout so loudly. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

28 minutes ago, ArtoriaPendragon said:

It's not funny either which is why I'm disappointed. 

If it was, I would have been OK with it.  While humor is highly subjective, I don't find lame star wars jokes funny.

The whole video just seems like a "fuck you" response to those that are vocal about disliking RGB components.

10 minutes ago, johnnysasaki said:

Here's a crazy thought, how about LTT stop releasing videos everyday, shoving whatever dumb and useless idea they have out there and instead upload few times a week, videos containing actually REAL content?

So crazy it might work!

I've been thinking that the recent style of edits only attracts little kids, they are far from profesional and mature, and it shows. On the LTX videos the main audience where kids.

I don't think it's because they really did attempt to take it seriously and thought it was a good idea. It stems instead from a problem I think LTT has had for a while now, which is that since Linus stopped largely writing his own stuff, he is obviously fake, silly and overenthusiastic when on camera for scripted content. I think the intention of this video may have been to be in that same silly, sort of almost self-deprecating "haha this is dumb so we'll do it for fun" style, but they can't really pull that off anymore. 

It's one of the things I've been saying lately on youtube, the new writers produce too much cringe, and Linus attitude amplifies that.

One bad video is hardly the end of the world. Now if overscripted, forced humor, and not thought through ideas was to become the new style for all future content then I'd have a problem with it. (Easy solution here is to dry your eyes and just stop watching btw). But the occasional fail (or epic fail on this one) happens. Ffs Linus is not a god.

Anyone who tells you that you can't do something is unimaginative and probably a coward.

Definitely my PC! I hate RGB or any lights at all when I game or work on the PC in the middle of the night!

Pity it was dead, a completely darkened and silent PC is my dream.

Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

How to anti-RGB done easy:

remove anything that lights up or cover with electrical tape.

Done.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

I CAN DO STUPID SHIT TO MY $100000000000 HARDWARE!

AM I COOL OR NOT?

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

1 hour ago, kache said:

Definitely my PC! I hate RGB or any lights at all when I game or work on the PC in the middle of the night!

Pity it was dead, a completely darkened and silent PC is my dream.

That's my PC. Case used is a BitFenix Ghost. :)

5 hours ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

If it was, I would have been OK with it.  While humor is highly subjective, I don't find lame star wars jokes funny.

The whole video just seems like a "fuck you" response to those that are vocal about disliking RGB components.

This.

Pretty lame video tbh, but oh well.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

Remember when I said that this channel could slowly drop to cringefest levels when they introduced the new thumbnails and titles?

Well videos like this make me think that indeed this is the route that this channel is heading if you guys keep it up. PLEASE, cut down the lel memes in your scripts and try to put actual helpful content, it would HURT my heart to see this channel take the techsmartt route. When was the last time you guys did a proper full build guide/log? They were IMHO the best type of content you guys made and its a shame to see them gone.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

2 hours ago, johnnysasaki said:

shoving whatever dumb and useless idea they have out there

Yes it was a dumb idea, but like I keep saying LTT is an entertainment show with tech like The Grand Tour is an entertainment show with cars.

In an entertainment show things like these happen...

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

16 hours ago, Hunter259 said:

This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Talk about content for the sake of content.

I think this is probably most pointless video LTT ever made, congrats on the lighting effects  

Looks like this is where Linus jumps the shark. I cant help but feel disappointed in the general lack of thought and quality in the recent contents. Don't mean to hate on the channel;. Heck I used to love the channel, but recently it seems like most of the videos are pointless (and not really that fun to be honest)

These days I tend not to watch LTT videos but rather techtubers like hardware unboxed or gamers nexus as they tend to add value with their quality content. So much so that I immediately unsubscribed after watching the video.

I find that in the past LTT used to be a good entry-way for people to get interested in tech, hitting the right spot of not being too deep for newcomers, but enough novel ideas to retain the seasoned techies. but the recent dearth of proper technical content, likely to draw in more viewers has left a very bad taste in my mouth. While i understand that the "cringe" thumbnails are a rather necessary evil for the channel to grow, I had expected that the quality of the content to at least maintain or improve. However, in trying to pander to "normies", I feel that LTT has thrown away what sets them apart from other channels, and that is combining technical knowledge and presenting it in a way that is approachable. Now it seems the channel tries too hard to be approachable and throws the tech out of the window, into basically a Vines channel.

Problem is if the viewers wanted that they can watch Jake & Logan Paul or something in that lines. Please try to understand what makes your channel special, have your own Unique selling point so to speak. Don't emulate the hundreds of other "cringe" channels because they are popular now. these contents are just a phase and when that phase is over (IE when the kids finally grow up and realise how stupid what they watched was) you will be left with nothing. Please go back to creating quality content about tech, because even if the channel doesn't grow as fast, you will have a stable following of people that will last through seasons instead of being just a flash in the pan.

In other words, while I understand that growing your channel is important now that LTT is an enterprise, however it seems like teh channel has recently been simply trying to cahs in on quick low-hanging fruits without  understanding the consequence it'll have on stable and continued growth. You can either grow quickly and fizzle out in an instant or you can choose to build up slowly but strongly.

I wish you all the best

Best Regards

the ANTI RGB pc vid deserves the dislikes , its not just because its a pointless video ( blacking out RGB parts instead of getting NON rgb parts .... seriously) 

its also the cringe inducing forced and quickly to be stale memes , i literally cant show this video to friends as its just embarrassing 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

From the title and thumbnail I thought it was going to be maybe a stealth type build, being very unassuming and quiet, that you'd be happy to live in the same room with if you want a computer that doesn't scream 'look at me!!'.

Safe to say I was disappointed with the resulting video, and wasted my time..

39 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Yes it was a dumb idea, but like I keep saying LTT is an entertainment show with tech like The Grand Tour is an entertainment show with cars.

I get it but we need actual "fun" content, not this. Plus, LTT tries so hard to pander to meme culture, something The Grand Tour avoids (THANKFULLY), yes its still entertainment but one that leaves grown ups confused.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I don't mind seeing such videos but what is apparent is the minimal amount of effort for this project.

I like Linus for doing the crazy stuff and I enjoy him overcoming many obstacles during his silly projects. 

He could've taken another mobo, secure it for shorts and paint it again. In other words, he could've done his best to ensure that this PC actually works. And show how it absorbs the RGB from around. Bring some closure to this very unsatisfying and anticlimactic ending.

Do you remember the vid where he checked if you could cool your PC in the fridge? Let me show you how current situation corresponds to the one from several years ago.

Linus tries to cool PC in the fridge in 2015: does everything he did in the vid, tried different setups for baseline etc.

Linus tries the same thing in 2017: can't close fridge door, vid ends.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Would be cool to see this... in VANTABLACK. One beatiful day, a PC as dark as my heart. :)

Specs

i9 9900K 5.1GHz 0 AVX offset

ASUS MAXIMUS APEX XI

Custom watercooling (360mm, 60mm thicc)

EVGA GTX1080 FTW DT

EVGA T2 1000W Platinum PSU

3200MHz G.Skill RGB B-die

Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

I'm sorry but this video was quite terrible by comparison to your other content.

It felt like it was pumped out in a day with very 1 dimensional feeling editing, poor scripting(very poor), bad ideas all around and lack of foresight.  Yes, we're human and mistakes are made but this was unusually bad.  People will be pissed if I don't post constructive information so,

#1 The scripting was, arguably, the worst part. The "Watching the world burn" part didn't really fit, jokes were added without taste and it was overall boring

#2 The idea itself, in theory it was a cool idea but when you take away the gimmicky rhetoric, you realize we just watched you guys paint a PC fucking black.  A better idea would've been UV lighting with UV reactive paints, thorough custom work, and shit like that since that's technically anti RGB.  Painting a PC black, no matter how black it is, is a really thoughtless feeling video.

#3 Foresight and lack thereof. As previously, stated we're human and we make mistakes but this was a really big mistake. This is over 1,000 USD in hardware and why the fuck was it so over the top anyways? The video makes very little sense to me and the roadblocks could have been avoided if there was less running and gunning. You guys have set a standard for quality and can't just double back on it like this.

#4 The quality. By comparison to your other videos, the editing felt extremely cheap and 1 dimensional. The video wasn't engaging, and even the quality of the work done to the PC was poor.  Blotchy paint all over the place, no effort to remove stroke marks and very obvious corner cutting.

Before any of you say "Well why don't YOU make a video", just remember I'm a consumer and if the consumers don't like something they make critiques where the suppliers can improve.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

8 hours ago, johnnysasaki said:

Here's a crazy thought, how about LTT stop releasing videos everyday, shoving whatever dumb and useless idea they have out there and instead upload few times a week, videos containing actually REAL content?

Man I've been saying that for over a year now, since like the start of the whole #OutOfIdeas thing fact is there overhead is to high to not make daily videos, they've got like 20 people working for them and just did another round of renovations to the building, so they need all the advertising revenue of doing daily videos to keep from failing.

5 hours ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

difference is, painting a PC Black when you can already buy black components is just flat stupid, killing the parts didn't help, where as when he did the brick car on the Grand Tour you KNEW it was going to fail, it was just a question of how spectacularly and when so it was funny to see it fail.

Kyle did a video building a PC on a yacht. Know that's quality content!

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan

20 hours ago, JCHelios said:

Man, what they were going for would've been so cool: Hotblack Desiato's blackship from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, in case form!  ???

Buuuuuuut... they failed. Hopefully they revisit this concept once they have the necessary paint and/or painting skills.  

Hitchhiker's guide is my religion.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.