Suggestion: Sort the Classifieds Subforum By Country

iamdarkyoshi

Similar to how the OS subforum has "subsubforums" I feel like it'd make the classifieds easier to use if they were sorted into countries. Overseas shipping is so expensive that I can't justify buying/selling anywhere but the US, so it'd be handy if there was a way to see only the desired country's buyers/sellers.

Edit: I'd subscribe to the classifieds but I don't want a notification for every country, just ones in the US and I feel like this might be a way to do that

>LTT forums

>Classifieds

>USA

>Topic1

>Topic2

>Australia

>Topic3

>Topic4

>UK

>Topic5

>Etc

3 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Similar to how the OS subforum has "subsubforums" I feel like it'd make the classifieds easier to use if they were sorted into countries. Overseas shipping is so expensive that I can't justify buying/selling anywhere but the US, so it'd be handy if there was a way to see only the desired country's buyers/sellers.

>LTT forums

>Classifieds

>USA

>Topic1

>Topic2

>Australia

>Topic3

>Topic4

>UK

>Topic5

>Etc

thats a good idea but I dont see a way practically do it.

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Don't people already use like [US], [UK], etc. in their thread titles to denote location?

Yes, however it means out of like 10 threads, maybe 2 will be in the US or whatever. So you gotta keep flipping through pages

Just now, iamdarkyoshi said:

Yes, however it means out of like 10 threads, maybe 2 will be in the US or whatever. So you gotta keep flipping through pages

I could see a sorting by country or limiting results to your country working unless subforums would be easier to implement.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

how about subfourms for continents?

[NA]

[SA]

[EU]

[AU]

[AS]

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

9 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Eh, search? Tag search/sort would be better option but would also need pre-made form to fill out.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 hours ago, MrMcMuffinJr said:

thats a good idea but I dont see a way practically do it.

The same way the forum info section is split into Features and Bugs.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

3 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

The same way the forum info section is split into Features and Bugs.

Except splitting to countries would make loooooooooooooong list. Best would be if you could select country when creating post and it would be automatically under correct country. Then only countries with open ads would be shown. But that would require whole own plugin.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like a good idea but idk what Mortis will say about it.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I would not be opposed to this as well. EU doesn't get a lot of love and searching can be annoying. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

On 8/16/2017 at 11:16 PM, iamdarkyoshi said:

we get like 1-2 classifieds per week or so? seems not much of page needed to be skipped

On 8/16/2017 at 9:28 AM, themctipers said:

[NA]

[SA]

[EU]

[AU]

[AS]

When I sell stuff, I only ship within the US and I know a lot of people do too, so continental categories wouldn't work.

1 hour ago, SCGazelle said:

When I sell stuff, I only ship within the US and I know a lot of people do too, so continental categories wouldn't work.

Then say US? US is US, and not anywhere else..??

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

On 16/08/2017 at 5:28 PM, themctipers said:

[NA]

[SA]

[EU]

[AU]

[AS]

Because 1) the EU is not accurate. That's a single trade market, not a continent. 2) Europe is the continent and countries like the UK, Swizerland and a lot of Scandinavia don't use the Euro and most people will only ship to their own countries or only on the main continent within the EU. 3) South America, North America, and Asia are all different countries with different currencies. This just means that Canadians, for example, will spend their lives looking at US stuff just like with Europe like I said before.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

Just now, Inversion said:

Because 1) the EU is not accurate. That's a single trade market, not a continent. 2) Europe is the continent and countries like the UK, Swizerland and a lot of Scandinavia don't use the Euro and most people will only ship to their own countries or only on the main continent within the EU. 3) South America, North America, and Asia are all different countries with different currencies. This just means that Canadians, for example, will spend their lives looking at US stuff just like with Europe like I said before.

then specify it in the title

it goes like this:

ltt

-> classfields

-> EU

-> your post here with the country 

ltt

-> classfields

-NA

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

then specify it in the title

it goes like this:

ltt

-> classfields

-> EU

ltt

-> classfields

-NA

Doesn't really solve the problem. Means people in the UK, for example, will just spend ages looking through posts from France, Germany, Belgium, etc. or Canadians through a load of US states. If the job's gonna be half done might as well not bother.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

Just now, Inversion said:

Doesn't really solve the problem. Means people in the UK, for example, will just spend ages looking through posts from France, Germany, Belgium, etc. or Canadians through a load of US states. If the job's gonna be half done might as well not bother.

add another layer with countries? 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

add another layer with countries? 

That was kinda my original point that only doing continents wouldn't work that the previous suggestion of countries was better.