overclocked everything?

is it possible to build a pc that can have overclocked parts...as in EVERY part! cpu and graphics card is obvious, but what about ssd, ram, hard drive even psu and fans?!?!? EVERYTHING!

Ssd no, ram yes, psu no, and fans you might be able to push a stronger current into it but probably not. Overclock ur monitor

Nope not possible because OCing an SSD, HDD, PSU, and fans will make them blow up and RAM is overclockable

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

it would be awesome as a vid tho! just to see everything running overclocked..

1 minute ago, Daniel Z. said:

Ssd no, ram yes, psu no, and fans you might be able to push a stronger current into it but probably not. Overclock ur monitor

You could technically overclock the ssd's controller as well as its memory chips. On the other hand you can't overclock a fan because it doesn't have a clock signal.

As for the power supply, if it has any sort of electronic monitoring part then that could be overclocked too.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

You could technically overclock the ssd's controller as well as its memory chips. On the other hand you can't overclock a fan because it doesn't have a clock signal.

Im fairly newbie so yeah i would trust this.

1 minute ago, Billy_Mays said:

Nope not possible because OCing an SSD, HDD, PSU, and fans will make them blow up and RAM is overclockable

That's not how it works

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, AdamDowling1236 said:

it would be awesome as a vid tho! just to see everything running overclocked..

"You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means"

some things can't be overclocked, else, I'm sure we would.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

What ... ??? :D:D

OC PSU, HDD?

How?

"I overclocked this 550W PSU to 650W by increasing the voltage, it uses 100W more power and puts out more heat because of it though...".

"I made the HDD plates spin 3x faster!! My read and write speeds increased but I feel like the plate is trying to cut its way out of my PC..."

9 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

Some SSD are overclockable... NEVER do it if you value your data :D

Heck, you can OC USB ports.

OC RAM is a given on motherboards that support it, some monitors as well, CPU, GPU, that's about it.

on second thought maybe that was a bit of an ask and i see now that OCing everything is a bit far-fetched....just throwing out ideas :)

5 minutes ago, WereCat said:

"I overclocked this 550W PSU to 650W by increasing the voltage, it uses 100W more power and puts out more heat because of it though..."..

I overclocked my shady noname PSU so it is faster. As in it burns my house down faster.

If the meaning of "overclock" is expanded to "being faster than what's set in the factory", then you can even "overclock" your DVD drive. Just make it spin discs faster. I have done that once on a old cd drive. Music plays much faster, probably only works on old stuff.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

6 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

some things can't be overclocked, else, I'm sure we would.

Or rather, overclocking them would most likely cause them to malfunction while providing no performance benefit whatsoever. Anything with a clock signal can be overclocked in theory, that doesn't mean it makes any sense to do it. Overclocking is often misused as just a general term for "increasing performance by performing computer magic", which is probably what lead to the original poster's confusion.

Just now, Jurrunio said:

If the meaning of "overclock" is expanded to "being faster than what's set in the factory", then you can even "overclock" your DVD drive. Just make it spin discs faster. I have done that once on a old cd drive. Music plays much faster, probably only works on old stuff.

But that isn't what it means :BabyRage:

C3BebDNUAAUpaQP.png

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

25 minutes ago, AdamDowling1236 said:

what about ssd, hard drive

I mean, there is RAID....... :^)

It's like SLI for your drives! :D

Otherwise no. And Who'd want to OC their fans anyways? We got enough Jet airplanes around as it is!

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

45 minutes ago, WereCat said:

What ... ??? :D:D

OC PSU, HDD?

How?

"I overclocked this 550W PSU to 650W by increasing the voltage, it uses 100W more power and puts out more heat because of it though...".

"I made the HDD plates spin 3x faster!! My read and write speeds increased but I feel like the plate is trying to cut its way out of my PC..."

Some SSD are overclockable... NEVER do it if you value your data :D

Heck, you can OC USB ports.

OC RAM is a given on motherboards that support it, some monitors as well, CPU, GPU, that's about it.

Well you could technically increase the output power of a psu by increasing the current passing through mosfets and such for the downside of high temps and possible explosion haha. You can increase the voltage on anything tbh like leds and fans but they will blow at some point

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

Coulnt you set a custom fan profile to run at much huger speeds than normal?

Granted, this is overclocking by any means. But you could still do it.

I once had someone tell me he overcooked his hard drive on his laptop. Internally I was like" you're full of crap!! Lol"

Increasing the output power of a PSU isn't overclocking though...

Just now, fastcar123 said:

Coulnt you set a custom fan profile to run at much huger speeds than normal?

To make a fan spin faster you need to supply move voltage ... and that's not called overclocking, that's overvolting, not the same thing.

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

To make a fan spin faster you need to supply move voltage ... and that's not called overclocking, that's overvolting, not the same thing.

PWM is clock based :)

7 minutes ago, dexT said:

PWM is clock based :)

huh ... you do understand you can't have more than 100% duty cycle on a fan right?

As I said, if you want a fan to go above it's max speed, you need to supply move voltage.

5 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

While that is true, it won't really do anything because PWM controls the percentage of the maximum fan speed the fan will spin, not the absolute fan speed.

3 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

huh ... you do understand you can't have more than 100% duty cycle on a fan right?

I was kidding guys.

5 minutes ago, dexT said:

I was kidding guys.

sadly enough, some people are dead serious when replying stuff like this (see OP)... that's why /s is often required xD