Razer Launches new Blade Stealth

linustouchtips
24 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

$1399

Mbp 13" is $1299

Except the entry level MBP has a worse screen (Kinda objective but it is worse when it comes to pixel count), lower base storage (FFS with the 128), worse clocked CPU. However. It does get Iris Pro graphics which is a pretty big step up and has faster ram but less standard. 

Very VERY close but I'd have to go Macbook.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

13 minutes ago, Hunter259 said:

Except the entry level MBP has a worse screen (Kinda objective but it is worse when it comes to pixel count), lower base storage (FFS with the 128), worse clocked CPU. However. It does get Iris Pro graphics which is a pretty big step up and has faster ram but less standard. 

ether way razer was aways the poor mans macbook now their prices are almost on par i hope that at least means they step up their quality control

25 minutes ago, Hunter259 said:

Went to apple store and they have the touch bar 13" for $1299. Probably a mistake or something, but the one next to it was also $1299 and with touch bar. Check apple.com and the $1299 is the 13" non touch bar version, while the two i saw at the store goes for $1799.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 hours ago, LtRavens said:

*Cries inside* Hope not. (Q_Q )

Why must you think so logically?

ok, haha, maybe, just maybe, the unit is on but that light on the back of the screen  was turned off through their software suite, feel better? ;)

Rock On!

If they priced these under a Mac Book, I feel that these would fly off the shelves. 

3 hours ago, Hunter259 said:

We all know resolution isn't that important once you're above a certain point. On a 13.3" display, 2560x1600 is just as good as 3200x1800. But, the quality of the Macs display is more than likely much better being that it's a P3/500-nit display and is likely calibrated properly. Not to mention the fact that MacOS can actually scale whereas Windows still hasn't figured out that useful trick. The Blade does also have a touch screen (not that I will ever condone a touchscreen on a laptop -- although the Blade's trackpad is pretty awful, so maybe it's necessary there).

The MBP has an i5-7360u and the Blade has an i5-7500u, if the KL Wiki page is accurate (and also accounts for load on four threads), so the CPU in the MBP is technically faster as it turbos to 3.6ghz on both cores (compared to the 7500u, which turbos to 3.5ghz on both cores) -- that of course is assuming it's cool enough to reach full turbo. 

RAM, SSD, and iGPU are very fair points though. 

I would personally side with the Mac, although not for any of the reasons you mentioned. The Blade's trackpad is atrocious and that alone would be enough to push me to the Mac. I also much prefer MacOS and I would only need to step up to 16gb of RAM (so $1499 vs. $1399) as I have a NAS to handle all my storage needs.

2 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Went to apple store and they have the touch bar 13" for $1299. Probably a mistake or something, but the one next to it was also $1299 and with touch bar. Check apple.com and the $1299 is the 13" non touch bar version, while the two i saw at the store goes for $1799.

Definitely sounds like a mistake -- someone probably moved things around and didn't update the price plaques. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

9 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Is touch-screen the new feature this time?

No, I think its just a Kaby Lake refresh and the symbol is black or gunmetal instead of green.

9 hours ago, AHaskin14 said:

I fully get the perk of these for pairing with the Razer core and such, but with those specs and price it's getting eerily close to a windows macbook with some ports and rgb.

The Razer Core isn't the best for the money though.  I feel that most people that would definitely use an eGPU would get a Macbook Pro or an Alienware machine.

But yeah, Razer is the Apple of the Windows machines.  At least Apple differentiates their products..

12 minutes ago, lilbman said:

At least Apple differentiates their products..

Ah yes:

• iPad
  • iPad 2
  • iPad
  • iPad (4th generation)
  • iPad Air
  • iPad Air 2
  • iPad

*I don't remember if the iPad 3/4 were officially designated enumerated.

EDIT: iPad 3, AKA "The new iPad"

K0EMmMJ.png

Then there is also the Macs, which are enumerated by the year (but that's not included in the product name), and by a product designation "x,y" (but that's also not part of the product name).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Ah yes:

• iPad
  • iPad 2
  • iPad
  • iPad
  • iPad Air
  • iPad Air 2
  • iPad

I think its better than:

• Razer Blade
  • New Razer Blade
  • New Razer Blade
  • New Razer Blade

etc..

I am in no way an Apple fanboy, just so you know. Lets please not argue over name schemes, it's silly.

8 minutes ago, lilbman said:

I think its better than:

• Razer Blade
  • New Razer Blade
  • New Razer Blade
  • New Razer Blade

etc..

I am in no way an Apple fanboy, just so you know. Lets please not argue over name schemes, it's silly.

Most companies aren't better in that regard. The Macs don't have any generational designation in the product name, the same goes for the likes of the Dell XPS 13/15. They all have internal model names/numbers/designations, but they're never part of the product name (although Dell at least puts the model in the HTML <title> tag).

Unfortunately, computers and cars have always been two product categories that rarely, if ever, have a clear and iterative naming system.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Most companies aren't better in that regard. The Macs don't have any generational designation in the product name, the same goes for the likes of the Dell XPS 13/15. They all have internal model names/numbers/designations, but they're never part of the product name (although Dell at least puts the model in the HTML <title> tag).

I think Razer and Apple purposely don't use a better naming scheme to keep things easy for people to understand.  But yeah, a lot of companies are guilty of it.

47 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Definitely sounds like a mistake -- someone probably moved things around and didn't update the price plaques. 

There were no price plaques. The price was actually being advertised in a small pop up window right inside OSX.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

7 hours ago, BuckGup said:

What changed?

Kabylake, i7 base, 16GB RAM, Smaller bezel = bigger screen, $400 price increase

EDIT: Oh and new gunmetal color without the RGB keyboard and light up logo

2 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

Unfortunately, computers and cars have always been two product categories that rarely, if ever, have a clear and iterative naming system.

My gripe with Apple is their reuse of model numbers, the aXXXX version numbering scheme.  They've been known to have as many as a dozen different models using the exact same aXXXX model.  The only way you can differentiate them, is to determine exactly what CPU they have, which isn't that easy if the blasted thing won't even POST (doesn't often happen, but from time to time it's caused me some grief at work).

daym... misread it for Ryzen launches Blade Stealth, would be dope...

what's the target audience for this though? Macbook competitor?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

1 hour ago, DXMember said:

daym... misread it for Ryzen launches Blade Stealth, would be dope...

what's the target audience for this though? Macbook competitor?

Yea, anyone looking at a macbook, macbook air, dell xps, or ultrabook in general. I would strongly consider this if they had a matte, non-touch display option. I'd buy one for sure if they lowered the price and had a matte display version.

43.6 Wh?!?!?

2016 version had 53.6 Wh, so they made the screen res higher (1440p to 1800p), then made the battery even smaller. What are they thinking!?!?!?

Blade stealth aren't even known for their battery life (dell xps 13 for instance has 60 Wh). Heck, the skylake 2016 blade stealth had 45 Wh, WHAT ON EARTH ARE THEY THINKING?!?!?

4 hours ago, Jito463 said:

My gripe with Apple is their reuse of model numbers, the aXXXX version numbering scheme.  They've been known to have as many as a dozen different models using the exact same aXXXX model.  The only way you can differentiate them, is to determine exactly what CPU they have, which isn't that easy if the blasted thing won't even POST (doesn't often happen, but from time to time it's caused me some grief at work).

What Macs share a model number? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Dual core, integrated graphics. 

How much this thing cost again? 

iGPU only isn't a bad thing. 

Cheaper than some other popular ultrabooks. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

7 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

I think cars do it right, they go by Model year.

it is not BMW M3 it is 2017 BMW M3 and they make improvements yearly like clock work.

I think going by year is fine AS LONG as they don't release 2 updates a year.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

8 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

Not to mention the fact that MacOS can actually scale whereas Windows still hasn't figured out that useful trick.

Windows' scaling is fine, some programs tie their UI to Windows Scaling with an absolute bond, which is the only problem I can see with it. OSX's scaling isn't better when it comes down to it.

8 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

iGPU only isn't a bad thing. 

It isn't much of a good thing either, for something the manufacturer expects customers to game on.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

15 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Windows' scaling is fine, some programs tie their UI to Windows Scaling with an absolute bond, which is the only problem I can see with it. OSX's scaling isn't better when it comes down to it.

It isn't much of a good thing either, for something the manufacturer expects customers to game on.

The windows UI not scaling is a pretty big problem, and is one that MacOS has solved. 

It's only marketed for gaming when paired with the Core.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

What Macs share a model number? 

http://www.everymac.com/systems/by_capability/mac-specs-by-model-number-family-number.html

Lists every Mac by model number.  If you look, you can see those model numbers repeat.....a LOT.

Here's an example of just one iMac model that covers 16 (!) different versions of it, with the only way to differentiate between them being the year and the CPU.

http://www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/?search_keywords=A1418

11 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/by_capability/mac-specs-by-model-number-family-number.html

Lists every Mac by model number.  If you look, you can see those model numbers repeat.....a LOT.

Here's an example of just one iMac model that covers 16 (!) different versions of it, with the only way to differentiate between them being the year and the CPU.

http://www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/?search_keywords=A1418

That's how a lot of model numbers are where the model number represents the product but doesn't take into account different configurations. Dell does the same thing -- the XPS 13/15 Is the 9360/9560 no matter how it's configured. It was the same for my 2010 XPS 15, designated with the model L501x across all SKUs.

It would get to be obnoxious if every configuration had its own SKU.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler