RGB/LEDs in our Pc cause cancer ?

JensenEx
Go to solution Solved by Tech_Dreamer,

RGB alone is harmless afaik , it's just simply doesn't emit harmful radiation lased light , But the pure UV lighting on the system , the builds with the UV reactive water loop may remotely be a factor that can suggest it could cause something , it depends on your luck i guess(in this case unlucky) Chances are very small since it has to be a direct exposure to the lighting , most of the time it's pointed into the components & you are exposed to radiated waves back that are very much weaker, just imagine or picture a gamer with the case side UV lights on the side pointing downwards close at the hand constantly in contact with his /her  hand that controls the mice for many many years with exuberant hours exposed to this, chances are still slim but by any remote chance that's the only way that it can be a factor , You've heard of those melanoma research on some salons using UV lights right , doesn't happen always , but can be a factor

Hi everyone, I have read quite few articles about LEDs light causes cancer and is very damaging to our health, question concerning this is I wanted to know that is any of us even aware of the massive amount of LEDs we put in our Pc like the Graphics card, mobo, Led strips, chassis fans etc, that can potentially or will cause cancer in our life ? Just a thought, not here to offend anyone I wanted to hear opinions and responses. Thanks and have a good day !

54 minutes ago, TechyJuan said:

Hi everyone, I have read quite few articles about LEDs light causes cancer and is very damaging to our health, question concerning this is I wanted to know that is any of us even aware of the massive amount of LEDs we put in our Pc like the Graphics card, mobo, Led strips, chassis fans etc, that can potentially or will cause cancer in our life ? Just a thought, not here to offend anyone I wanted to hear opinions and responses. Thanks and have a good day !

Erm... no offense, but I'm guessing most of those "articles" were straight up quack pot anti-science nuts.

Can you give any specific examples as to how an LED might cause cancer?

Sunlight causes cancer because it outputs UV light very strongly. LED's do emit a small amount of UV light, but it's an insignificant amount.

Besides, if LED's caused cancer via UV light, you'd actually get a sunburn from them before you got cancer xD

Can you provide any of these articles that claim this nonsense?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 hours ago, TechyJuan said:

Lights around the blue wavelength can interfere with sleep patterns.  Can that cause cancer?  Probably not.  Is it good for you?  Probably not.  Solution, turn off (or cover up) the lights before you go to sleep.

Just now, Monkey Dust said:

And bananas are radioactive.

When you really think about it, aren't we all radioactive?

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

6 minutes ago, Aelar_Nailo said:

When you really think about it, aren't we all radioactive?

Banana are particularly radioactive compared to other heathy organisms. But yes technically we do all have trace radioactive elements in us.

As I understand it, the incandescent light bulbs people generally use to light their houses are more dangerous than LEDs, as LEDs have a much tighter distribution of emitted wavelengths.

Even the UV LEDs used for phosphorescent water loops aren't really dangerous because they're relatively low energy, and even then they're almost always behind a window.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

4 hours ago, LAwLz said:

RGB LEDs do not cause cancer.

There are several reasons why you should not use it, for example it makes your computer look like a cheap Christmas decoration, but cancer is not one of them.

The RGB strip (set to blue) in my computer doesn't make it look like a cheap Christmas decoration...  

RGB alone is harmless afaik , it's just simply doesn't emit harmful radiation lased light , But the pure UV lighting on the system , the builds with the UV reactive water loop may remotely be a factor that can suggest it could cause something , it depends on your luck i guess(in this case unlucky) Chances are very small since it has to be a direct exposure to the lighting , most of the time it's pointed into the components & you are exposed to radiated waves back that are very much weaker, just imagine or picture a gamer with the case side UV lights on the side pointing downwards close at the hand constantly in contact with his /her  hand that controls the mice for many many years with exuberant hours exposed to this, chances are still slim but by any remote chance that's the only way that it can be a factor , You've heard of those melanoma research on some salons using UV lights right , doesn't happen always , but can be a factor

Details separate people.

12 hours ago, TechyJuan said:

Sounds similar to the people who think Vaccines cause autism. 

13 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Erm... no offense, but I'm guessing most of those "articles" were straight up quack pot anti-science nuts.

Can you give any specific examples as to how an LED might cause cancer?

Sunlight causes cancer because it outputs UV light very strongly. LED's do emit a small amount of UV light, but it's an insignificant amount.

Besides, if LED's caused cancer via UV light, you'd actually get a sunburn from them before you got cancer xD

Can you provide any of these articles that claim this nonsense?

um.. I got it from this site :  http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/10/23/near-infrared-led-lighting.aspx

I saw a post on Facebook then I googled it to see if it's true or not and then I read it from those sites, I asked that question is because it says LED causes cancer and the chassis fans and mobo I got has LED lights with it and also a yellow LED strip light.. 

12 hours ago, Jito463 said:

An apple a day keeps the doctor away....but not the coroner.

haha  xDxD

Alright thanks everyone for the reply it helps a lot, I think I got what I wanted to know at this point. Hope you guys have a nice day ! or night since it's daytime here for me :D

18 hours ago, TechyJuan said:

um.. I got it from this site :  http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/10/23/near-infrared-led-lighting.aspx

I saw a post on Facebook then I googled it to see if it's true or not and then I read it from those sites, I asked that question is because it says LED causes cancer and the chassis fans and mobo I got has LED lights with it and also a yellow LED strip light.. 

Yeah that guy sells like, "natural health products". I wouldn't be surprised if he's not even an MD Doctor. In any case, his website seems super sketch.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

21 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

At this point, let's just say everything causes cancer.

Only if you're in California.

Multiple gun shot wounds from crack snorting thungs? Nah, that's cancer.

Bones crushed from what appears to be caused by a semi truck going 250MPH? WebMD that, 'cuz it be cancer.

Over there, over there, and up there, like Achmed the Dead Terrorist's son after bring-your-son-to-work-day? Fam, that's full blown cancer.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

22 hours ago, TechyJuan said:

that article gave me cancer..

3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Yeah that guy sells like, "natural health products". I wouldn't be surprised if he's not even an MD Doctor. In any case, his website seems super sketch.

Hes a doctor of Osteopathic Medicine. so "technically" hes a real doctor.  however hes also anti-vac, thinks aids is caused by stress, believes sunscreen actually increases the chance of skin cancer. and has a nice stack of FDA warning letters informing him that his products are full of shit.

Needless to say, his opinions should be taking with a grain of salt.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

7 hours ago, Tsuki said:

that article gave me cancer..

Hes a doctor of Osteopathic Medicine. so "technically" hes a real doctor.  however hes also anti-vac, thinks aids is caused by stress, believes sunscreen actually increases the chance of skin cancer. and has a nice stack of FDA warning letters informing him that his products are full of shit.

Needless to say, his opinions should be taking with a grain of salt.

Well.. I would not go so far as to call him a "real" doctor. He might have a degree, but Osteopathy is straight up "alternative medicine".

There's no such thing. There's only evidence/science based medicine, and... quackery. :P Guess which one Osteopathy is?

10 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Well.. I would not go so far as to call him a "real" doctor. He might have a degree, but Osteopathy is straight up "alternative medicine".

There's no such thing. There's only evidence/science based medicine, and... quackery. :P Guess which one Osteopathy is?

while i agree with you, its still "technically" a medical degree. which is better than a lot of people who call themselves doctor(looking at you Dr. Eisley from highschool, you and your violin doctorate bullshittery).

one of my favorite quotes “You know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work?  Medicine"  - Tim Minchin

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

2 hours ago, Tsuki said:

while i agree with you, its still "technically" a medical degree. which is better than a lot of people who call themselves doctor(looking at you Dr. Eisley from highschool, you and your violin doctorate bullshittery).

one of my favorite quotes “You know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work?  Medicine"  - Tim Minchin

As you stated, if something "called" alternative medicine works, then it's not alternative medicine.

And yeah, some countries do regulate and license them. In a lot of EU countries, they're banned from practicing medicine. In US and Canada they can practice if they're licensed from the US.

But they're glorified massage therapists at best. There's some evidence apparently that the massages are effective at treating lower back pain - but you can get that treatment from any message therapist or even a chiropractor (though evidence is mixed at best for chiropractors too).

You could say that them being licensed is better than nothing - I disagree. I think the fact that they are licensed gives undue credibility to them.