Sennheiser HD598

Go to solution Solved by MayflowerElectronics,

Get the 558's instead. They sound nearly identical and cost less.

Yes they sound good.

No I'm attacking his character after he said "He owns and electronic store so he knows what he's doing." What about his job gives him insider experience exactly into everything audio? I'm sure the dude at the local Best Buy electronics install knows more than this guy does and he doesn't own a business. 

As far as I can tell, all you guys getting mad don't know much either. All you do is post a graph and that's it! Way to cement how right you are. Maybe you should actually use stuff before bashing it!

aint_even_mad_bro.jpg

If you're still talking about the Xonar STX when saying we should use something before bashing it, why would any sensible person do that? Just look at how many problem thread this forum has about the STX. 

Yes.

I've owned the 555's, 598's and HD 600's. They all roughly sound the same. So there is your advice from someone who actually owned them all.

And what would be those differences between the 3? There's differences, you know it, I know it, and everyone knows it. The fact you refuse to list anything, even one damn thing, proves how much of a fraud you are. It's unreal, you can't even say one has slightly better mids over this one or better bass, or anything. 

Why do people take you seriously here when you refuse to talk about anything. I'm not gonna take your advice or anyone's when they won't tell me anything and anything!

I know damn well the 558's, 598's, and 600's sound similar because I did all research before I bought my 598's. I'm just waiting for you to tell me those differences that I already know! 

I'm sorry guys, if you want to take his advice seriously do so at your own risk because it's nothing but smoke and mirrors with him. Least helpful person I've seen around here, especially somebody with your title. 

And what would be those differences between the 3? There's differences, you know it, I know it, and everyone knows it. The fact you refuse to list anything, even one damn thing, proves how much of a fraud you are. It's unreal, you can't even say one has slightly better mids over this one or better bass, or anything. 

Why do people take you seriously here when you refuse to talk about anything. I'm not gonna take your advice or anyone's when they won't tell me anything and anything!

I know damn well the 558's, 598's, and 600's sound similar because I did all research before I bought my 598's. I'm just waiting for you to tell me those differences that I already know! 

I'm sorry guys, if you want to take his advice seriously do so at your own risk because it's nothing but smoke and mirrors with him. Least helpful person I've seen around here, especially somebody with your title. 

Different numbers, different looks, different price.

I just want to say thanks. I've had a hard day teaching at school and this made me giggle my ass off. It's beyond the point of right and wrong, it's just bloody entertaining now. 

Cheers  ;)

Serenita, glad you enjoyed at as much as the rest of us.

And the truth is finally revealed. Yet another person wanting to justify their own purchases by seeking death on a fellow poster. Ahhhh now we get it.

Seriously Fluffy, he isn't incorrect to say they're similar. I didn't see any mention of him saying the 598 were bad, he said:

If you think about it he actually said "YES the 598 sound good".

So now it almost sounds like you're discrediting someone for actually saying you have good headphones too.

Sounds like @MayflowerElectronics was actually trying to help out someone and save them money on a purchase (kinda the opposite of a salesman to me). At no point did he tell them to purchase something of his and overcharge that person.

I don't think anyone on here is an expert. Damn everyone else knows I definitely am not. But doesn't mean I'm not willing to read someone elses opinion / experience / data point to come to an educated deduction.

Why does it matter if he has an affiliate title? does it make his suggestion any LESS credited?

There's more to it than that. He tells you you're wrong because of that title. If he was to say "The 558's are similar to the 598's but suffer from a slightly weaker soundstage but the 558's have better bass" than it's completely different. Those things might be important to that person and to say they are the same is hurting that person in the end because they are not getting the full picture. Do you see my point now? Just to flat out say they are the same isn't true. Sure they are similar but there are differences between the two. 

I don't know, I give advice to people different I guess. I tell people what I know and my opinion and then tell them what I recommend doing. I don't just say this is better because I have a title so I'm right!

I just want to say thanks. I've had a hard day teaching at school and this made me giggle my ass off. It's beyond the point of right and wrong, it's just bloody entertaining now. 

Cheers  ;)

Yeah, that's why I kept feeding the troll, it's fun.

Different numbers, different looks, different price.

Yeah that.

Yeah, that's why I kept feeding the troll, it's fun.

Yeah that.

Yeah that because you don't know anything. If you can start a "successful" business you should write a book because you might be humanities hope to all the stupid people doing something with their lives. 

Yeah that because you don't know anything. If you can start a "successful" business you should write a book because you might be humanities hope to all the stupid people doing something with their lives. 

Would you buy the book then?

There's more to it than that. He tells you you're wrong because of that title. If he was to say "The 558's are similar to the 598's but suffer from a slightly weaker soundstage but the 558's have better bass" than it's completely different. Those things might be important to that person and to say they are the same is hurting that person in the end because they are not getting the full picture. Do you see my point now? Just to flat out say they are the same isn't true. Sure they are similar but there are differences between the two. 

I don't know, I give advice to people different I guess. I tell people what I know and my opinion and then tell them what I recommend doing. I don't just say this is better because I have a title so I'm right!

Who cares? They sound so similar that there's bound to be manufacturing differences which could make your opinion of any specific increase or decrease vs the other completely invalid.

227710_394597413962148_963763283_n.jpg

Would you buy the book then?

Probably not because it would have two words in it because that's about how much you know. 

I'm an electronic store owner so I know what I'm doing. 

~The end~

Probably not because it would have two words in it because that's about how much you know. 

~The end~

Lmao, that's more than two words.

~The end~

When and where did you learn to count.

Who cares? They sound so similar that there's bound to be manufacturing differences which could make your opinion of any specific increase or decrease vs the other completely invalid.

Doesn't matter, the differences are still there. Reviewers have noticed those differences so if they aren't real then it's one big coincidence. 

You guys should give advice based on their needs, not your own selfish agendas. 

The 558 sound stage and 598 are very similar, BUT yes they aren't EXACTLY the same...they are SIMILAR. And that similarity becomes even closer when you do the foam mod from the 558. BUT they aren't EXACTLY the same, they are simply more SIMILAR. Yes the 558s do have a bit more bass as I've come to find from my experience with both BUT the "sound signatures" of both headphones are very close.

Yes yes "what if they don't want to do the mod" then yes they are still SIMILAR, NO NO NO they are not exact.

If the OP wants clarification then they are more than welcome to ask and I'm sure that's when EVERYONE clarifies (or a shitstorm peruses).

Doesn't matter, the differences are still there. Reviewers have noticed those differences so if they aren't real then it's one big coincidence. 

Yes because we benefit when Sennheiser makes a sale.

The 558 sound stage and 598 are very similar, BUT yes they aren't EXACTLY the same...they are SIMILAR. And that similarity becomes even closer when you do the foam mod from the 558. BUT they aren't EXACTLY the same, they are simply more SIMILAR. Yes the 558s do have a bit more bass as I've come to find from my experience with both BUT the "sound signatures" of both headphones are very close.

Yes yes "what if they don't want to do the mod" then yes they are still SIMILAR, NO NO NO they are not exact.

If the OP wants clarification then they are more than welcome to ask and I'm sure that's when EVERYONE clarifies (or a shitstorm peruses).

See, that's how you describe something. Wheres your expert title?

I wasn't asking for every little detail but the fact he just states it as fact doesn't state any reasons is messed up. It's not hard to probe and ask a simple question like if bass is important to him or crap like that. Fact is, he gives terrible advice!

I'm actually less likely to take advice from reviewers. They either get sent the products or have no legal responsibility to not suggest you buy it. Hell, they could even be payed to endorse the products they are reviewing.

*Not saying this about EVERY reviewer

Yes because we benefit when Sennheiser makes a sale.

I never said it was financial now did I?

I'm actually less likely to take advice from reviewers. They either get sent the products or have no legal responsibility to not suggest you buy it. Hell they could even be payed to endorse the products they are reviewing.

*Not saying this about EVERY reviewer

I'm the same way, I just look for similarities between what they say and others who own it. Reviewers aren't 100% trustworthy because I know a lot of them get paid. 

The reviews contradict one another, so it's just as easy to say no HD 558 sounds the same as another as it is to say the 558 and 598 don't sound the same.

The reviews contradict one another, so it's just as easy to say no HD 558 sounds the same as another as it is to say the 558 and 598 don't sound the same.

Not really since I've read many that said pretty much the same thing between the two. Also, when it's backed up by actual customer reviews it adds credibility. When I got my 598's they sound exactly like the reviews and others said they would! I think if people who know what they are doing while testing them the reviews will line up with each other.