Sennheiser HD598

Go to solution Solved by MayflowerElectronics,

Get the 558's instead. They sound nearly identical and cost less.

Yes they sound good.

Get the 558's instead. They sound nearly identical and cost less.

Yes they sound good.

Thanks for the fast reply, ill have a look at the 558s and see how i feel

They were the same price as the 558s when I bought mine.  They are pretty good headphones :)

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Yes they're awesome, there is also PC 360 if you want to have a boom mic :) 

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I thought the 598's have a better soundstage over the 558's? I'm sure the 558's are amazing so either are worth your money. 

I thought the 598's have a better soundstage over the 558's? I'm sure the 558's are amazing so either are worth your money. 

No, they measure exactly the same. As do most Sennhesier headphones.

No idea what that graph was. 

The fact you think they are all the same just makes me laugh. Let me guess, only the headphones you buy are the best there is? 

If you don't know what you are looking at then don't comment on it. The graph shows the frequency responses of each headphone. Going from a $120 headphones (HD 558) to a $700 headphone (HD700) there is slight veriation. 558/598 are nearly identical. It's color coded for easy reading.

No, all of my headphones are under $200.

If you don't know what you are looking at then don't comment on it. The graph shows the frequency responses of each headphone. Going from a $120 headphones (HD 558) to a $700 headphone (HD700) there is slight veriation. 558/598 are nearly identical. It's color coded for easy reading.

No, all of my headphones are under $200.

What was there to look at? The link didn't work. Telling me not to comment on something when you didn't post a working link is moronic. 

Saying things like "nearly" and "slight" is so damn misleading. A Ford is slightly like a Ferrari, just nearly. It doesn't really mean much of anything. I guess the only thing to headphones is frequency response and there's absolutely nothing that makes them different besides that. Playing around with words to describe things really doesn't show the full picture. I'm not an expert by any stretch but some of what you're saying isn't right. 

What was there to look at? The link didn't work. Telling me not to comment on something when you didn't post a working link is moronic. 

Saying things like "nearly" and "slight" is so damn misleading. A Ford is slightly like a Ferrari, just nearly. It doesn't really mean much of anything. I guess the only thing to headphones is frequency response and there's absolutely nothing that makes them different besides that. Playing around with words to describe things really doesn't show the full picture. I'm not an expert by any stretch but some of what you're saying isn't right. 

Go to headphones.com and compare the HD 558/598/700. If you weren't being a troll I would do it for you.

Misleading? Last time I checked, those words had clear definitions. Ford and Ferrari are two different animals. It's pretty very obvious you are not an expert. 

Go to headphones.com and compare the HD 558/598/700. If you weren't being a troll I would do it for you.

Misleading? Last time I checked, those words had clear definitions. Ford and Ferrari are two different animals. It's pretty very obvious you are not an expert. 

What because I don't have "Industry Affiliate" in my title means I don't know jack? You're obviously one of those people who gets a title and all of a sudden you're better than everyone. 

Funny, you link a review to prove your point and I linked one as well. However, only yours is right and mines wrong. Okay buddy, I get it. You're right, you're all knowing, everyone should bow to your wisdom. I'm done with this stupidity!

Sorry gonna have to go with @MayflowerElectronics on this one. The HD598 are very similar to the 558 and even more so if you do the foam mod to the 558. The only really difference after that is the colour and the headband material.

I've tried em both and couldn't justify the extra $40 here in Australia. They both use the same drivers, do they not?

Sorry gonna have to go with @MayflowerElectronics on this one. The HD598 are very similar to the 558 and even more so if you do the foam mod to the 558. The only really difference after that is the colour and the headband material.

I've tried em both and couldn't justify the extra $40 here in Australia. They both use the same drivers, do they not?

That dude thinks the HD558's and HD700's are the same as well so he's not a person to listen to. By the way, he's an ebay salesman, not some electronics store owner. Check his website out if you don't believe me. 

I believe so.

That dude thinks the HD558's and HD700's are the same as well so he's not a person to listen to. By the way, he's an ebay salesman, not some electronics store owner. Check his website out if you don't believe me. 

I never said they sound the same, they sound similar. For the $600 price difference, it's unacceptable to me. I have both ebay/website.

I believe so.

I never said they sound the same, they sound similar. For the $600 price difference, it's unacceptable to me. I have both ebay/website.

You like using words like slight and similar which really means you don't know what the hell you're talking about. You bash people on head-fi but they can actually go into detail what those differences are. Saying all Sennheiser headphones sound the same or similar is freaking laughable and the fact people around here take you seriously is even more laughable. 

You like using words like slight and similar which really means you don't know what the hell you're talking about. You bash people on head-fi but they can actually go into detail what those differences are. Saying all Sennheiser headphones sound the same or similar is freaking laughable and the fact people around here take you seriously is even more laughable. 

Right, I forgot using descriptive words translates into not being knowledgeable. 

Most Sennheiser headphones do sound the same, the graphs prove it. The HD700/HD800 are the most different of the group. Of course being the most expensive.

Right, I forgot using descriptive words translates into not being knowledgeable. 

Most Sennheiser headphones do sound the same, the graphs prove it. The HD700/HD800 are the most different of the group. Of course being the most expensive.

How do they sound the same? See that's my point! You ask that same thing on head-fi and people go into paragraphs on the differences. You just say it's so and don't argue lol! 

Come on man, I'm waiting to see all this information from you. Speak up and tell me in detail why they are the same and what makes this one better than the others. 

You're so damn smart and I'm a moron but you don't say a damn thing about anything. Nothing but a poser!

How do they sound the same? See that's my point! You ask that same thing on head-fi and people go into paragraphs on the differences. You just say it's so and don't argue lol! 

Come on man, I'm waiting to see all this information from you. Speak up and tell me in detail why they are the same and what makes this one better than the others. 

You're so damn smart and I'm a moron but you don't say a damn thing about anything. Nothing but a poser!

THE GRAPHS MEASURE SIMILARLY. 

Don't know how else to get this through to you more clearly.

Three random Sennheiser frequency response graphs, all with the same shape: http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/build-a-graph.php?graphID%5B0%5D=2861&graphID%5B1%5D=3681&graphID%5B2%5D=573&graphID%5B3%5D=2301&scale=30&graphType=0&buttonSelection=Update+Graph

On head-fi, there's many contradicting opinions on the differences between HD 600 vs 650 alone, so that's not a very legitimate source of information.

THE GRAPHS MEASURE SIMILARLY. 

Don't know how else to get this through to you more clearly.

What graphs are you talking about? Are you off your meds or something because there's no damn graph here.