IMG_1334.PNG

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

thermal grizzly cryonaught is one of the absolute top pastes there is

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Kryonaut is completely different. 

@jjohnthedon1 use Liquid metal in the CPU die. It doesn't really do much on the IHS. Great for GPUs too though. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

it is also much better than any average pleb should care about.

that said, isnt this stuff conductive?

i think its electrically conductive and thus not recommended for normal overclocking. liquid metal is mainly useful when delieding cpus. and according to their website Conductonaut thermal grease must not be used with aluminum heatsinks..so u need to check compatibility. and if u buy it 1 tube is enough.

You just gotta make sure it doesn't get on any electrical parts besides the part you're putting the TIM on (make sure it doesn't get on the capacitors and resistors next to the GPU or bad things WILL happen). CPUs don't apply unless you're delidding.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

16 minutes ago, manikyath said:

probably, havent used it i just know its top teir

16 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

@jjohnthedon1 use Liquid metal in the CPU die. It doesn't really do much on the IHS. Great for GPUs too though. 

ah thought it was Kryonaut, my bad

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

MX-4 is my paste of choice, i have no purpose for better :P

3 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Why not on the  ihs does it still work tho ?

my paste has been on for 2 years on everything and I think it's time to change it 

3 hours ago, DocSwag said:

You just gotta make sure it doesn't get on any electrical parts besides the part you're putting the TIM on (make sure it doesn't get on the capacitors and resistors next to the GPU or bad things WILL happen). CPUs don't apply unless you're delidding.

Why can't I use it on my cpu ? 

also (1600) 

3 minutes ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

my paste has been on for 2 years on everything and I think it's time to change it 

i think his point is rather "put it under the IHS, because it's no use without delidding/reliding", because the stuff intel uses under the IHS isnt all that mindblowing.

4 minutes ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

Why can't I use it on my cpu ? 

No you can. I was just saying the part of it affecting conductive things on the CPU or mobo doesn't really apply to your CPU since there isn't stuff that can be affected by the paste very nearby, so it's a bit safer to use it on your CPU AFAIK since you're less likely to mess with stuff.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

And u guys reckon one tube is enough

1g 

also (1600) 

8 minutes ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

You're not really making good use of liquid metal on an IHS. It'll work but it works best with a delid (see post below)

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i think his point is rather "put it under the IHS, because it's no use without delidding/reliding", because the stuff intel uses under the IHS isnt all that mindblowing.

That's it. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

40 minutes ago, manikyath said:

iv been using NT-H1 but i lost the tube so now im using MX-2 which was pretty cheap and preforms pretty good

Builds:

Spoiler

Like dildor and others said, you can use it on your cpu ihs but the temp difference won't be much (1-2°c) and like stated, its conductive so you are taking a risk using it when there is little to no benefit.  

Its great for delidded cpus and is ok on gpus, though i only saw a 3° drop from gelid gc on my watercooled 980s.

Honestly the only place i use that stuff is on the cpu die.  Everywhere else is just unnecessary risk imo

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

13 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

Like dildor and others said, you can use it on your cpu ihs but the temp difference won't be much (1-2°c) and like stated, its conductive so you are taking a risk using it when there is little to no benefit.  

Its great for delidded cpus and is ok on gpus, though i only saw a 3° drop from gelid gc on my watercooled 980s.

Honestly the only place i use that stuff is on the cpu die.  Everywhere else is just unnecessary risk imo

Is it really that hard to use because u guys are making a big deal about it 

because to me it looks like out a little on and spread it with a cotton bud 

il try it intop of cpu first and if it's easy to manipulate il do the gpus too

also (1600) 

5 minutes ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

Is it really that hard to use because u guys are making a big deal about it 

because to me it looks like out a little on and spread it with a cotton bud 

il try it intop of cpu first and if it's easy to manipulate il do the gpus too

Its not that it's hard to use, it is that there isn't much to gain and a lot to lose.  I've tried using it on my cpu ihs and gpu and it just wasnt worth it IMO.  I just ordered new clu and it'll definitely only be going on die.

Go for it if you want, just don't expect greatness and DON'T USE TOO MUCH LM! 

Also i would avoid cotton and use a short bristled brush instead.  Cotton buds like to leave bits of cotton behind in the liquid.

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

2 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

-Thread moved to Air Cooling.

I'm on water but ok 

also (1600) 

6 hours ago, Hunter06 said:

i think its electrically conductive and thus not recommended for normal overclocking. liquid metal is mainly useful when delieding cpus. and according to their website Conductonaut thermal grease must not be used with aluminum heatsinks..so u need to check compatibility. and if u buy it 1 tube is enough.

6 hours ago, manikyath said:

6 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

6 hours ago, DocSwag said:

6 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

ah thought it was Kryonaut, my bad

6 hours ago, manikyath said:

5 hours ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

Ok so results are in on the first gpu 

before when I ran test

rottr bench 5 times single card 5k maxed out card hit 76 degrees 

after paste change new highest temp is 62 degrees 

both tests done with fan set at constant 80

also (1600) 

19 minutes ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

Ok so results are in on the first gpu 

before when I ran test

rottr bench 5 times single card 5k maxed out card hit 76 degrees 

after paste change new highest temp is 62 degrees 

both tests done with fan set at constant 80

Nice!  Now see what kryonaut or gc extreme would do for you, I'm sure it's not as good as LM but will smash the stock paste easily, stock paste is usually rather meh

Just now, 0ld_Chicken said:

Nice!  Now see what kryonaut or gc extreme would do for you, I'm sure it's not as good as LM but will smash the stock paste easily, stock paste is usually rather meh

I mean come on look at what Msi put on and how much lol 

IMG_1336.JPG

also (1600) 

Just now, jjohnthedon1 said:

I mean come on look at what Msi put on and how much lol 

Spoiler

IMG_1336.JPG

jeebus!  I never understood why they go SO FAR overboard with the stuff... I mean I get that it isn't conductive and wont hurt but take it down a notch, would ya?

8 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

jeebus!  I never understood why they go SO FAR overboard with the stuff... I mean I get that it isn't conductive and wont hurt but take it down a notch, would ya?

I Also made it idiot proof by using elitrical tape around the die

but I'd say 14 degrees is a huge drop lol

image.jpg

also (1600) 

Cpu temps are down too

69 it used to peak at In the ixt stress test now peaking at 61