Corsair One

NumLock21

Corsair is entering the prebuilt market with their very first complete PC call Corsair One. The design of the case is a mix of their Carbide 330R and Obsidian 550D. Top and bottom of the has fin like structures that might be heat sinks and their side panels have triangular venting holes. From the looks of it, the case is too small to fit a ATX board and on the front there is a HDMI and USB.

As a ready-to-run machine, the Corsair ONE will require broader post-sale customer support including supporting the pre-installed operating system and software.

Corsair did not give out any details or the price, for now just some press shots.

Corsair_ONE_05_575px.png

20160218_ONE_0274_575px.png

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11105/corsair-one-pc-announced

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Judging by the front panel HDMI port, it seems that it is VR ready. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Is it meant to be spelled "Cosair" or is that a typo?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Is it made of metal? Picture looks like cheapo plastic

Of course it's plastic, quality doesn't seem to matter these days.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

14 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Is it meant to be spelled "Cosair" or is that a typo?

It's a typo.

Fixed

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

15 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

Blame it on the people who want to buy cheap things.

31 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

snip

Just gotta add a quote, like this one :)

As a ready-to-run machine, the Corsair ONE will require broader post-sale customer support including supporting the pre-installed operating system and software.

Or this one

Corsair is not sharing technical specifications yet, but the accent lighting betrays a clear gaming focus. The tower is too shallow to contain a full ATX motherboard, but given the thoroughly ventilated side panels it should have no trouble accommodating high-power desktop components.

Anyway, I'm surprised they didn't announce this on a big event like CES or Computex. But maybe we'll get to see it work by the next big tech press event.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

58 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Just gotta add a quote, like this one :)

Or this one

Anyway, I'm surprised they didn't announce this on a big event like CES or Computex. But maybe we'll get to see it work by the next big tech press event.

There are public releases at trade shows, and there are private invite-only releases at trade shows.

Hmm, well it's ok I guess. Though I like their tempered glass RBG cases way more :)

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, Rangaman42 said:

Metal =/= Quality.

Plastic =/= Cheap.

How the materials are used plays a huge role in the quality of a product.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Metal =/= Quality.

Plastic =/= Cheap.

How the materials are used plays a huge role in the quality of a product.

In general, metal has a much nicer feel to it than plastic, as well as greater weight. That's the sort of thing that gives a quality feel. A great design is a great design of course, but the same design in metal and plastic will always show a quality difference.

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

It's a typo.

Fixed

No you did not

1 minute ago, Rangaman42 said:

In general, metal has a much nicer feel to it than plastic, as well as greater weight. That's the sort of thing that gives a quality feel. A great design is a great design of course, but the same design in metal and plastic will always show a quality difference.

That is opinion, and not anywhere near as 'universally received' as people think. Nor does metal v plastic always lead to the conclusion that metal is higher quality. If that were the case, we (well, you guys, I hate cases with a passion) wouldn't put our "high quality" metal phones in plastic cases to protect them. That wasn't anywhere near as common a few years ago for plastic phones like the Galaxy S2 and S3.

Those were high quality phones. Body construction that could survive multiple reasonable falls, so long as the phone didn't land screen down. Can't really say that of most iPhones, Galaxy S and Notes, and many other metal body phones. Plastic absorbed the shock far better than metal.

Also, something of low quality can feel like high quality. Doesn't change the fact that it's low quality. The iPhone 6, Galaxy Note 7 both come to mind as "premium" product, with "premium" material, that were turned out to be low quality products.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

These ITX based mini systems are really gaining ground. I love it. There's no reason to have these huge ugly boxes anymore. And let's be honest, most people have 1 GPU, built in sound card, built in NIC, built in wireless, 1-2 SSD's/HDD's and maybe an integrated M.2 drive. With 0 ODD's and usually 2 Ram sticks, most gamers don't even need more than ITX. Nice to see gaming pc's getting sexy.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, Notional said:

These ITX based mini systems are really gaining ground. I love it. There's no reason to have these huge ugly boxes anymore. And let's be honest, most people have 1 GPU, built in sound card, built in NIC, built in wireless, 1-2 SSD's/HDD's and maybe an integrated M.2 drive. With 0 ODD's and usually 2 Ram sticks, most gamers don't even need more than ITX. Nice to see gaming pc's getting sexy.

Huge ugly boxes, you say? My PC is bigger than my 23" monitor! Although it is 8 years old, now that I think about it........

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

3 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Huge ugly boxes, you say? My PC is bigger than my 23" monitor! Although it is 8 years old, now that I think about it........

With the setup I mentioned and an SFX PSU, you could fit most gaming pc's in this: ncasem1.jpg

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, Notional said:

With the setup I mentioned and an SFX PSU, you could fit most gaming pc's in this: ncasem1.jpg

That's just too small for me. I like computers to be big and open. 

1 minute ago, Jamiec1130 said:

For what sake though? Most cases are just a huge volume of air with no content in it. Most people using an ATX motherboard don't even use more than 1 PCIe port.

14 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

That is opinion, and not anywhere near as 'universally received' as people think. Nor does metal v plastic always lead to the conclusion that metal is higher quality. If that were the case, we (well, you guys, I hate cases with a passion) wouldn't put our "high quality" metal phones in plastic cases to protect them. That wasn't anywhere near as common a few years ago for plastic phones like the Galaxy S2 and S3.

Those were high quality phones. Body construction that could survive multiple reasonable falls, so long as the phone didn't land screen down. Can't really say that of most iPhones, Galaxy S and Notes, and many other metal body phones. Plastic absorbed the shock far better than metal.

Also, something of low quality can feel like high quality. Doesn't change the fact that it's low quality. The iPhone 6, Galaxy Note 7 both come to mind as "premium" product, with "premium" material, that were turned out to be low quality products.

Ugh plastic, or any, cases.... I bought a metal + glass phone so I could feel metal and glass, not to bulk it up with a nasty plastic case. 

But I get what you mean, plastic things can be high quality, but they often don't feel  like they are. Plastic creaks and flexes and just generally isn't as satisfying to me. Your argument about the Note 7, in particular, makes sense, it was built really well out of awesome materials, but was low quality because it couldn't perform its intended function.

A case is a little different, as it doesn't have a very complicated function.

My real argument is that, all things being equal (Imagine an Enthoo Evolv TG in plastic, and one in glass+metal), a metal product will give off a greater feel of quality than plastic. It just has that cold touch, the density and the strength. Plus there's the whole real vs fake materials thing. Personally, I find real materials to always be better (notable exception being brushed aluminium, where a plastic substitute is totally okay). More expensive and complicated, but I think it's much nicer. But perhaps that's what I get for being a designer.

3 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

But why? What are you using that space for? For me, a PC should be as small as possible while still fitting and cooling everything in it. Every cm3 in a case is a cm3 that is taken away from the room.

28 minutes ago, Notional said:

For what sake though? Most cases are just a huge volume of air with no content in it. Most people using an ATX motherboard don't even use more than 1 PCIe port.

I've got two GPUs and plans for a second gigabit nic and a sound card. 

1 minute ago, Jamiec1130 said:

I've got two GPUs and plans for a second gigabit nic and a sound card. 

That's fair enough. Sounds like a workstation you have. 

17 minutes ago, Notional said:

15 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

But why? What are you using that space for? For me, a PC should be as small as possible while still fitting and cooling everything in it. Every cm3 in a case is a cm3 that is taken away from the room.

Room to work and expand. Just because single GPU and 1-2 HDD/SSD is common right now, doesn't mean it will be in 2-3 years. Also, assuming that people use only 1 GPU doesn't exactly account for those using M.2 NVMe in aic's because they're running boards that don't have M.2 support at all, or is limited to SATA/AHCI.

28 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

Ugh plastic, or any, cases.... I bought a metal + glass phone so I could feel metal and glass, not to bulk it up with a nasty plastic case. 

But I get what you mean, plastic things can be high quality, but they often don't feel  like they are. Plastic creaks and flexes and just generally isn't as satisfying to me. Your argument about the Note 7, in particular, makes sense, it was built really well out of awesome materials, but was low quality because it couldn't perform its intended function.

A case is a little different, as it doesn't have a very complicated function.

My real argument is that, all things being equal (Imagine an Enthoo Evolv TG in plastic, and one in glass+metal), a metal product will give off a greater feel of quality than plastic. It just has that cold touch, the density and the strength. Plus there's the whole real vs fake materials thing. Personally, I find real materials to always be better (notable exception being brushed aluminium, where a plastic substitute is totally okay). More expensive and complicated, but I think it's much nicer. But perhaps that's what I get for being a designer.

Again, we're talking opinion, that isn't universally shared.

I, for one, find the "premium" feel that all metal or metal/glass phones to be more accurately described as 'fragile piece of shit' for many of them. The amount of flex in my 780T and old HAF 922's side panels is disturbing, and they're easy to bend. I can't really complain on my Node 202's top piece being plastic, it doesn't flex as much, as plastic is oft described as, and hasn't bent or break under the same force that bends my other cases. Same goes for the plastic construction of my Alienware Alpha.

The only time plastic correlates to 'inferior quality' is when the plastic really is cheap and build quality is lacking, in my eyes. The only device I own that comes to mind is my Lumia 950 XL, and even then, I'd take it over the body of an iPhone, because that only applies to the flex on the back cover when it's on.

I also consider my Galaxy S6 to feel like a slipperier, bigger, and more fragile Galaxy S4. It certainly doesn't feel like it's up to snuff against my Note 4 either, even if the back and sides feel colder.

As for your Evolv TG example, I'd take the plastic version over the "tempered" glass variant that is a bit more than an accident waiting to happen.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

No you did not

Noticed typo only on title. Didn't see it was all over the place.

All fixed

AMD ThreadRipper 2!