Corsair One

NumLock21

This would be so sexy if it was made out of thick pieces of aluminum. (one can dream)

Kinda ugly IMO

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

1 hour ago, Jamiec1130 said:

That's just too small for me. I like computers to be big and open. 

Ive got this case with a gtx 1070 strix,  4790k with a noctua c14s. Temps are the same as any larger case. 

No reason not to prefer it imo. But then i have a EATX case on my main rig lol

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

Corsair One, looks a lot like the Zalman T series case.

5066652.attach

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

54 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Corsair One, looks a lot like the Zalman T series case.

5066652.attach

Corsair has LED

The side panel has textures,

the top has some sort of fan whatever

The front panel is vertical and in front

No ODD

I have no idea how that looks the same, well maybe the color, yes they are all black

20 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Corsair has LED

The side panel has textures,

the top has some sort of fan whatever

The front panel is vertical and in front

No ODD

I have no idea how that looks the same, well maybe the color, yes they are all black

Both have a rectangular shape design.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

Both have a rectangular shape design.

Ah! They are all black and are all rectangular. Yes very similar. Very similar to other 1000000 cases out there that fits those aspects lol 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Ah! They are all black and are all rectangular. Yes very similar. Very similar to other 1000000 cases out there that fits those aspects lol 

I meant vertically not horizontally.

20160218_ONE_0274_575px.png

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

11 hours ago, imreloadin said:

Blame it on the people who want to buy cheap things.

Hey my 30 dollar case case is metal... aside from the front.

I'm so cheap look what I was willing to do rather than spend more money on my case:

3 hours ago, Okjoek said:

Hey my 30 dollar case case is metal... aside from the front.

I'm so cheap look what I was willing to do rather than spend more money on my case:

I'm not saying that cheap cases aren't bad. I'm just saying that if people keep buying cheap things with poor build quality the companies will keep making them.

I'm surprised EVGA hasn't fully jumped into the prebuilt market. While Corsair is a big brand, EVGA does more on a component level than they do. They have their own graphics cards, cooling, PSUs, motherboards, and a case or two. I imagine their costs would be lower. I think Corsair is biting off a little more than they should but we'll see how it goes.

18 hours ago, Drak3 said:

-snip-

I think a decent counter-argument would be that people find their phones more valuable now that they're made of metal, so they go to further lengths to protect them. Hence, the perceived value is a lot higher. There's also the simple fact that more people have adopted smartphones, which have a higher chance of breaking, and they also cost a lot more than they used to.

Very few plastic phones were made to a decent level of quality. Nokia was the only one that I can think of that actually made a nice feeling one. Too much gloss. The Note7 was very high quality, the issue had nothing to do with the body materials. Not sure why you'd even mention that.

17 hours ago, Notional said:

With the setup I mentioned and an SFX PSU, you could fit most gaming pc's in this: ncasem1.jpg

My next PC will be considerably smaller than that ;)

17 hours ago, Drak3 said:

-snip-

True, but most newer motherboards support NVMe. It's an odd stance to take, saying older systems need bigger cases when the original post was more of a generalization going forward.

The cases you chose to compare are different sizes. Larger area means more flex. Interestingly enough, a tempered glass panel in the 780T would likely reduce flex.

You think tempered glass side panels are an accident waiting to happen? I suppose if one was rough with their stuff, sure.

For a majority I'd say it's not a problem at all.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

The Note7 was very high quality, the issue had nothing to do with the body materials. Not sure why you'd even mention that.

I mentioned the Note 7 because it turned out to be a low quality product using materials that are marketed by reviewers as high quality. It's a shining example of what is advertised as premium as not actually being high quality.

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

so they go to further lengths to protect them. Hence, the perceived value is a lot higher.

That doesn't really counter my point of these materials making for a higher quality device. Only that some people view them that way. People didn't feel that way with high end phones that were made of plastic, because they could survive a few drops on hard surfaces, like concrete. That's a hard thing to say about modern metal phones.

Hell, Kyocera has been making high quality phones (albeit sporting lower specs) such as the Hydro and DuraForce PRO that use high quality plastic for their bodies. Those phones can be thrown and survive.

4 minutes ago, dizmo said:

True, but most newer motherboards support NVMe. It's an odd stance to take, saying older systems need bigger cases when the original post was more of a generalization going forward.

Most newer, medium to higher end mainboards support M.2 NVMe, but budget boards (assuming the manufacturers are cutting 'nice to have, but not necessary' features, and not the quality of the device) are more likely to forgo M.2 period, or just support SATA/AHCI, for a few more years.

8 minutes ago, dizmo said:

The cases you chose to compare are different sizes. Larger area means more flex.

My point still stands. The "higher quality" material itself isn't actually higher quality. Instead, the actual build quality of the "cheap" plastic panel is superior. Also, when I say more flex, I'm talking about a significant amount more than just adding more area would result in.

11 minutes ago, dizmo said:

You think tempered glass side panels are an accident waiting to happen?

If it were really tempered, it wouldn't be. But what they use isn't truly tempered glass, it's a more fragile safety glass. Whether someone is rough or not, accidents still happen, and glass is a bitch to clean up.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Considering they make cases, ram power supplies, fans and cpu cooling, kb&m and have partnered with GPU manufacturers too I'm surprised they didn't do this earlier.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 hours ago, Drak3 said:

I mentioned the Note 7 because it turned out to be a low quality product using materials that are marketed by reviewers as high quality. It's a shining example of what is advertised as premium as not actually being high quality.

That doesn't really counter my point of these materials making for a higher quality device. Only that some people view them that way. -snip-

Hell, Kyocera has been making high quality phones (albeit sporting lower specs) such as the Hydro and DuraForce PRO that use high quality plastic for their bodies. Those phones can be thrown and survive.

Most newer, medium to higher end mainboards support M.2 NVMe, but budget boards (assuming the manufacturers are cutting 'nice to have, but not necessary' features, and not the quality of the device) are more likely to forgo M.2 period, or just support SATA/AHCI, for a few more years.

If it were really tempered, it wouldn't be. But what they use isn't truly tempered glass, it's a more fragile safety glass. Whether someone is rough or not, accidents still happen, and glass is a bitch to clean up.

You're still incorrect. It was a high quality product with a faulty component. There is a difference.

Hence why I used the word perceived. Most metal devices withstand an impact just as well as plastic, in some cases more so. Metal will deform. Plastic will crack and break. The reason phones are weaker now is the display being weaker, as well as closer to the edge of the device.

Yes, they do. Look at the bezels. Huge. Thus, the screen is more protected.

And those users aren't likely to buy an NVMe drive, or need one. Your argument doesn't make sense.

So..we should all have plastic cups then too, no? I mean heaven forbid should we drop one...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red