How illegal is this?

CharminUltraStrong

How illegal would it be to,

Obtain a moderators log in information(NOT ON LINUS TECH TIPS, on a site that I use)

Use the account to delete posts on the site,

Remove their experience etc.

Also, if it were to cause the site to crash from the immense stress of a mass deletion is that illegal?

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

2 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

Obtain a moderators log in information(NOT ON LINUS TECH TIPS, on a site that I use)

Also, if it were to cause the site to crash from the immense stress of a mass deletion is that illegal?

its not "illegal"

but its a SUPER dick move

just dont...

Best of myself(1000th post)

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Cooler Master masterbox lite 3.1

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dell precision t3400 motherboard

technically yes... but there are tones of ways around the legality of certain things... which i will not state.

My Rig: | CPU: Core i7-8086k @ 4.9 GHz | Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix z370 | CPU Cooler: (some coolermaster one that probably should have been retired several years ago) | Case: Corsair 570x | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro

well that's illegal to say the least, don't do it. some things are funny other things are just rude and mean spirited. please consider others when doing or thinking such things. 

4 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

Ehhh... Depending on the site it could be considered a breach of privacy and break some obscure cyber-security law. Typically just a douche move though. Don't be a cunt.

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

well that's illegal to say the least, don't do it. some things are funny other things are just rude and mean spirited. please consider others when doing or thinking such things. 

How is it in any way illegal?

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

How is it in any way illegal?

i am assuming logging into a mod account/ social engineering is not legal.  also identity theft. 

5 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

It would depend on whether the site's owner has a terms of service that you are breaching and/or they can define harm has been created.  If they can define any kind of financial harm, they can make a civil lawsuit for damages.  Best bet is to just not do it.

1 minute ago, Gix7Fifty said:

You will be breaking state and federal laws so that is how illegal it is. 

Which state/federal law applies to online forum security?

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

ummm.....

maybe not do that....

thats not something you ask about

@Ryan_Vickers hey can you remove this post please, it's diving into illegal stuff

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

1 minute ago, samiscool51 said:

ummm.....

maybe not do that....

thats not something you ask about

@Ryan_Vickers hey can you remove this post please, it's diving into illegal stuff

Nobody has explained what law says you can't log into another person's forum account.

Logging into an account that isn't your, is considered "hacking" in the eyes of the law in Canada and the US and as such is illegal. I don't know about other countries.

There has been plenty of examples of people getting arrested for doing sh*t on someone's facebook account because they left it open for all to see, so what you're wanting to do is pretty much the same, if not worth.

I believe this falls under the privacy laws. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Which state/federal law applies to online forum security?

Lots, just ask him. The fappening dude.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/01/24/chicago-man-who-hacked-celebrity-nude-photos-sentenced-to-9-months-in-prison.html

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

it would at most be identity theft in an actual legal court, but you better believe your ass will be off that forum when they find out.

(note the use of "when" instead of "if", people arent idiots, especially on accounts of permission information is logged pretty darn closely.)

1 minute ago, Gix7Fifty said:

Hacking into email accounts and stealing personal information is totally different than deleting an account on a forum.

It's not on a forum but I see what you mean.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

I managed to retrieve every moderators password and account. Haven't done anything with them yet though.

The Louvre

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

Hacking into email accounts and stealing personal information is totally different than deleting an account on a forum.

I will just refer to you as a litigant. 

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

1 minute ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

It's not on a forum but I see what you mean.

Just tell us what site so we can send the FBI at your home

[Insert smart comment here]

2 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

I managed to retrieve every moderators password and account. Haven't done anything with them yet though.

Is it HacksDen?  Because I only care if it's HacksDen (my forum).