How illegal is this?

CharminUltraStrong
Just now, JoostinOnline said:

Is it HacksDen?  Because I only care if it's HacksDen.

No, I didn't use a website. I did it myself and I'd rather not say how I did it. You can never be too careful.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

1 minute ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

No, I didn't use a website. I did it myself and I'd rather not say how I did it. You can never be too careful.

I'm not sure, but I want to know why?

3 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

I managed to retrieve every moderators password and account. Haven't done anything with them yet though.

So you managed to do this without even having a clear goal in mind? Bravo.

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

2 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

Starting this thread really increases your anonymity.

Remember to drink water!

1 minute ago, Megah3rtz said:

So you managed to do this without even having a clear goal in mind? Bravo.

He's clearly channeling the Joker.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

6 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Hacking into email accounts and stealing personal information is totally different than deleting an account on a forum.

it really isn't though, you're using an account that was not intended for your use to do a malicious act. The only difference here is the scale of the action. 

just don't. Generally speaking any idea that is prefaced with "is this illegal?" the answer is yes

double post

Odd, I pressed "Post" once.  I do have a clear goal, it was implied by what I asked lol. It's mostly for fun and testing out my abilities.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

Odd, I pressed "Post" once.

I meant I made a double post 

I do have a clear goal, it was implied by what I asked lol. It's mostly for fun and testing out my abilities.

Really? You've already proven them. Don't go ahead and leave weeks of cleanup for the poor saps on the other side 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

2 minutes ago, Archeval said:

it really isn't though, you're using an account that was not intended for your use to do a malicious act. The only difference here is the scale of the action. 

just don't. Generally speaking any idea that is prefaced with "is this illegal?" the answer is yes

I wasn't saying it was a good idea.  However, stealing and sharing another person's personal information isn't the same thing as deleting some posts.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I wasn't saying it was a good idea.  However, stealing and sharing another person's personal information isn't the same thing as deleting some posts.

you seem to be missing the point of "account not intended for your use" and "malicious act" and if you're found out this thread would be Exhibit A in your case adding Premeditation to the rest of the stuff against you

I meant I made a double post 

Really? You've already proven them. Don't go ahead and leave weeks of cleanup for the poor saps on the other side 

Ah I see.  I wouldn't do too much, I've already tested the waters and managed to crash the site for two days. Not much was said. That was without accessing moderator accounts.

The Louvre

2 minutes ago, Archeval said:

you seem to be missing the point of "account not intended for your use" and "malicious act"

Wrong != defined by a law as illegal.

Seriously, show me one law.

11 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

I managed to retrieve every moderators password and account. Haven't done anything with them yet though.

9 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

wdlRPix.jpg

[Insert smart comment here]

10 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Wrong != defined by a law as illegal.

Seriously, show me one law.

They don't have to use a law against you, just any previous case that was ruled on before you that relates to what you did.

just because you're being persistent about it here's the whole library just as a bonus here's some more stuff

Edited by Archeval
adding stuff

3 minutes ago, Archeval said:

They don't have to use a law against you, just any previous case that was ruled on before you.....

He did break the law.  He accessed other people's computers for obtaining personal information.  It was in the plea deal.

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

He did break the law.  He accessed other people's computers for obtaining personal information.  It was in the plea deal.

I didn't access their computers...Lol. I Let's just say this site has relatively weak encryption lol.

The Louvre

I didn't access their computers...Lol. I Let's just say this site has relatively weak encryption lol.

I know.  That's why this isn't illegal, but what the Fappening guy did was.

2 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

Maybe I should stop trolling for a while. That's it then :

One smart thing you could do (if apparently you're good enough with encryption) is telling them their website is unsecure and offering them to secure it in exchange for money. That's risky but that's not illegal, and that's not a dick move.

1 minute ago, jldjul said:

Maybe I should stop trolling for a while. That's it then :

One smart thing you could do (if apparently you're good enough with encryption) is telling them their website is unsecure and offering them to secure it in exchange for money. That's risky but that's not illegal, and that's not a dick move.

True, I was thinking of something similar but murmurings suggest the sites days are numbered.

The Louvre

True, I was thinking of something similar but murmurings suggest the sites days are numbered.

1) You don't care if you can make money
2) There is even less point of hacking them then. helping them to fall faster?

2 minutes ago, jldjul said:

1) You don't care if you can make money
2) There is even less point of hacking them then. helping them to fall faster?

I do it because it is fun, of course there are benefits behind it.  It's not even a matter of their being a point or not, I'm testing my skills mainly.  It'd be fun, at least for me, to mess around.

The Louvre

26 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Nobody has explained what law says you can't log into another person's forum account.

i think it's illegal to access a account that the owner/admin has not given you permission to access or modify

it's under most privacy laws in many places

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!