Cooler Master Mastercase 5T Review

250 bucks, no thanks, honestly could have been cheaper if they didn't add the pointless handle and paint job, all I want is the Master Case Maker 5 with the tempered glass on both sides, the problem is at that price point you have other cases like the Enthoo Evolv ATX TG and others.

also is this when the delidded 6700k died?

Style is great, no issues there. Just what the hell is up with the new thumbnail style? It looks really unprofessional IMO.

3 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

A release on Christmas? What, do you not want people to watch it?

Not everyone celebrates Christmas :P and we release every day of the year - no exceptions.

3 minutes ago, Inferius said:

Style is great, no issues there. Just what the hell is up with the new thumbnail style? It looks really unprofessional IMO.

We've actually noticed a significant uptick in clicks since we changed the style over. While it may not look as "professional," it's definitely more "YouTube-style," from what we've seen from others in the industry.

what got fried? i bet it was the board since thats the only thing to get SB power off the bat 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Maybe Luke had the power supply to 230v instead of 115v?

Don't really see why people care about the thumbnails to be honest, I look at it for all of 1 second or less, I never normally even notice the thumbnail lol. As far as i'm concerned the thumbnail only matters for people getting to the video from the recommended section so if there are more views on the videos with those thumbnails so be it.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 @4.4GHz Motherboard: Intel DX79TO | Graphics Card: XFX RX 480 RS RAM:  16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR3 @ 1600MHz Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: 1x Kingston UV400 120GB | 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 1x WD Green 1TB | PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W | Case: NZXT S340 White | Cooling: NZXT Kraken x31

Longtime Youtube viewer here, made an account just to comment on the issue I've been noticing with color. When Luke is in the workshop, the case is a totally different color than when he's at the desk. There's been something with the desk camera or whoever's doing the color's monitor for like a month or two now.

That said, I find this review format waaaaaaaaay more watchable than the previous style.

1 hour ago, nicklmg said:

We've actually noticed a significant uptick in clicks since we changed the style over.

I wonder if it has anything to do with having text in the thumbnail. Could be a YouTube downgrade-videos-with-text-in-thumbnail algorithm :D 

Regarding the fried components, Luke did say "I didn't lose another entire computer worth of components", so it's possible everything got fried, which kinda makes me wanna blame the PSU.

does somebody know what kind of cpu cooler was used in this build? looked pretty nice 

4 minutes ago, Shirayuki5 said:

does somebody know what kind of cpu cooler was used in this build? looked pretty nice 

I thinks its either a

Corsair Hydro series H100I V2 or a H115i

seriously liked this case, since it still allows me to use a dvd drive (i still use physical media ok don't judge me), yet it still looks so sexy especially with the tempered glass, and that handle is a plus since that means when i have to move into a dorm for college it's not a hassle trying to move my pc. now i might consider this over the 750d that i've always wanted.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

At least we know it wasn't the EVGA GPU that went kaput

I liked the video format. The thumbnail is fine, but the real question is... what fried!?!

Seriously, what got fried?

as for case ... looks as if it has cheap plastic, especially at the top.  Looks like all those removable things would start to VIBRATE or make weird noises when you use certain fans or certain fan speeds. Look at how that extra plastic part fell off when case was shaken... that should fit snug or have some rubber/silicon on the edges so that it wouldn't vibrate/move around in that location.

The handle doesn't give me much confidence, looks like a lot of small screws. Actually just 3 tiny screws are supposed to hold all the case weight AND the components inside?

250$ and still one time use baggies for screws and shit ... really?

Is it just me or again, there's like several types of different screws for various different things?

I like that they used plain white/gray usb jacks in the front but they had to screw the front panel up by placing that reset button.. i would have loved to see the audio jacks on left and right, keeping everything "even" or i think the better word would be symmetric ... Agree with Luke on the gloss being the suck.

Special keys for removing the glass panels? Great.. let's lose them in the desk somewhere or go with the computer to some lan party and you're screwed.

They could have added more places to tied cables to.

The CPU got fried nicely imo :D

Don't like the thumbnail but since i know you guys put up quality stuff dosn't metter much to regular viewers as for the new ones can't tall if they'll like it or not only time will.

As for the video it was a nice curve ball into my nostalgia xD for your older stuff that i watched a long time ago now well not that long but long in youtube tim mesurment

In short love your work LTT 

24 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Seriously, what got fried?

as for case ... looks as if it has cheap plastic, especially at the top.  Looks like all those removable things would start to VIBRATE or make weird noises when you use certain fans or certain fan speeds. Look at how that extra plastic part fell off when case was shaken... that should fit snug or have some rubber/silicon on the edges so that it wouldn't vibrate/move around in that location.

The handle doesn't give me much confidence, looks like a lot of small screws. Actually just 3 tiny screws are supposed to hold all the case weight AND the components inside?

250$ and still one time use baggies for screws and shit ... really?

Is it just me or again, there's like several types of different screws for various different things?

I like that they used plain white/gray usb jacks in the front but they had to screw the front panel up by placing that reset button.. i would have loved to see the audio jacks on left and right, keeping everything "even" or i think the better word would be symmetric ... Agree with Luke on the gloss being the suck.

Special keys for removing the glass panels? Great.. let's lose them in the desk somewhere or go with the computer to some lan party and you're screwed.

They could have added more places to tied cables to.

to be fair, that part that "fell off" is meant to be removed when you are using fans in the top.

We all wanna know, what the hell fried and why. Did the case short something?

Somethin' chooched so skookumly that she let go the blue smoke!  That's what we all want to know.  Yayoubetcha!

Laws only govern the honest.