Cooler Master Mastercase 5T Review

am i the only one who see it's really wrong that he wears a dust mask because of the dangerous fumes, and not a proper one with filters ?

dust mask only helps with large particles. 

Corsair PSU ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

just kidding they don't even build it

CWT ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nah, the RMx models are actually decent, don't think that was the problem but I wouldn't be surprised if.

This was a nice review style from Luke. It allows viewers to see potential build issues. Looking forward to some more reviews like this. Would like to know what died though?

16 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

what got fried? i bet it was the board since thats the only thing to get SB power off the bat 

I would also like to know what caused it to be fried, I think it could be its own video if investigation was needed. #outofideas

Upcomming video: How to check what was fried in your PC

My bet is on motherboard or PSU.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

LTT should take this opportunity to explain what happened and what trouble shooting measures they took. 

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

38 minutes ago, Renegade Paradox said:

AvE? 

You got it!

Laws only govern the honest.

40 minutes ago, Renegade Paradox said:

AvE? 

2 minutes ago, acturisme said:

You got it!

To be clear.  I'm just a fan of his.

Laws only govern the honest.

nbATctM.png

That's all I can come up with

CPU: Intel i5 4590 @ 3.7GHz | Motherboard: H81-M-P33 | RAM: 16GB DDR3 GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: WD Blue JVPX 1TB | Keyboard: Corsair K70 Red Mouse: G502 

I loved the way Linus came in with his poker face on like "Luke you broke something, remember this is my job".

All in all i like the live version, specially with Luke. It got even me thinking of buying that case, even though I´m not planning a build.xD

We probably haven`t heard about the burnout because it`s not the most important thing during the holidays... 

1 hour ago, wich23 said:

nbATctM.png

so lsomeone fucked up and put the cpu wrong on the motherboard? holy $hit

I didn't think you could even put the CPU in the wrong way round as the notches don;t line up... unless it was the wrong CPU?

1 hour ago, madaday said:

I didn't think you could even put the CPU in the wrong way round as the notches don;t line up... unless it was the wrong CPU?

look at the notches, 2011-3 will let you place it backwards if you cram it 

intel_core_i7_5960x.jpg

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

So here's something, the holes on socket 2011 are on the bottom. Here's a 3930k. Did they put a 2011 cpu in a 2011-3 socket maybe? 

Intel-Core-i7-3960X-i7-3930K-C2-Revision

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

3 hours ago, wich23 said:

nbATctM.png

notice how the plate looks bigger on the left as well? 

muh specs 

All parts black

I would also like to point out there's thermal paste on it, implying it already worked once, so it's like not even this at all. Unless they leave paste on cpus even after pulling them from boards, which I doubt their test bench one even left the board. 

muh specs 

All parts black

3 hours ago, wich23 said:

nbATctM.png

alright I have a final answer-

the 6xxx series has a different heat spreaders AND hole placement. 

02.jpg

6950x and 5960x. 

Luke has built a PC before, as it turns out. We're stupid. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Just my opinion:

IT'S TIME TO STOP WITH THE RETARDED "COLOR GRADING". You guys have these expensive ass cameras and lighting and your editors ruin it with these stupid filters. Please. Stop.

=)

10 hours ago, Kloaked said:

Just my opinion:

IT'S TIME TO STOP WITH THE RETARDED "COLOR GRADING". You guys have these expensive ass cameras and lighting and your editors ruin it with these stupid filters. Please. Stop.

=)

I don't think it's filters, really. Maybe slapping some kind of automatic thing on it? Problem is the red table in the first shot likely. I don't know what they do. It's just....eww

They've gotten better at that this year but this video reminded me of it. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I miss seeing the text in your thumbnails and honestly prefer it. But I do understand why you guys are using the new thumbnail styles. Nevertheless it is just a thumbnail and the video is what's important. 

They usually leave in the diagnosis and conclusion to hardware failures or mention something so I'm guessing there was a serious screw up somewhere. LTT will usually admit if it was a mistake of theirs, so I'm guessing it may have been a failure of sponsor hardware and they didn't want to anger the sponsor by pointing it out. Luke did mention in the end that they used completely different components for the conclusion build.

Lastly, I get the feeling the case in the conclusion is a different case to the one in the build log, that's a pretty big hue shift. Thought I do get the feeling some colour grading/filters were used.