Red LEDs or White LEDs?

TheMidnightNarwhal

Will be making a red and black hardware colored scheme build. Now the thing is should I get interior Red LEDs or White LEDs? Wasn't sure so I'm asking the community to choose for me :D

White! And don't do a red and black rig, they're so common :P

Yellow and black, now that's where it's at. An MPOWER board and some MPOWER RAM. Mmmmmm *incoherent gargling*.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

White for sure! Red will just be too much IMO. 

Asus Gryphon w/Thermal Armor / Intel i5 4670K / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB / Asus ROG Matrix 7970 Platinum / Samsung 830 / Seagate Barracuda

Corsair AX860 / Corsiar 350D / Corsair H100i / Windows 8 Pro

White! And don't do a red and black rig, they're so common :P

Yellow and black, now that's where it's at. An MPOWER board and some MPOWER RAM. Mmmmmm *incoherent gargling*.

White. You can run Red LED's and fans and stuff but for rig lighting use white.

If I use the Bitfenix Alchemy strips, any way to turn them off in the day without unplugging em?

soft white lighting

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Go for white (cathodes if you can fit them, for softer lighting).

Red leds in a black/red build will end up washing out the colours and decrease a build's visual appeal, especially if used for interior lighting. Trust me, I've been there.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I have a red and black color scheme with mostly MSI gaming components and other red stuff (aslo spray painted some interioir) And i used Red Phobya LED strips. As @chaozbandit said, the colors get washed out. It looks nice and sharp but too red overall. I am looking to change my lighting to white with red accents. I'd use a really rbight white or maybe a bit warmer white kathode for smooth lighting and then just red accents.

Maybe a little red strip at the edge behind the mobo plate.

who cares...

Why not go with nzxt hue and then u can change up the led colors when u want.

Why not go with nzxt hue and then u can change up the led colors when u want.

First idea, but getting a NZXT HUE on a Corsair 350D will be ugly because of how works the optical bay covers.

White LED's is the way to go for almost any build.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Anyway to turn off Bitfenix Strips?

Unplug them? I would go with White because they are more unique than Red leds imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Unplug them? I would go with White because they are more unique than Red leds imo.

I see. Do people unplug em or keep them on the day?

White. You can run Red LED's and fans and stuff but for rig lighting use white.

this.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

I see. Do people unplug em or keep them on the day?

I think people keep them all day since LEDs have a pretty long lifetime.

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I think people keep them all day since LEDs have a pretty long lifetime.

Ok, I suppose 1 strip of 30cm is enough?

try go round the bottom, rear and top 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Ok, I suppose 1 strip of 30cm is enough?

A 30cm strip should be enough imo but never used LED strips in my pc before. I think the best way in lighting your PC is either putting it from the top or the side (correct me if I am wrong about this).

A 30cm strip should be enough imo but never used LED strips in my pc before. I think the best way in lighting your PC is either putting it from the top or the side (correct me if I am wrong about this).

I don't know, I suppose I'm gonna test it everyway before sticking it :P

white and red? for red theme? white is pretty good shade for red, red may be overdone, really depends on the leds themselves.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

White lights definitely! The white lights will make all of the colour in your build stand out from the darker colours!

Build log

CPU: FX-6100 @ 3.9 MOBO: GA 990XA-UD3 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB GPU: HD6870 PSU: Corsair GS800 Case: Bitfenix Outlaw SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Cooling: Custom Water-Cooling Peripherals: Keyboard: G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Sensei Steering Wheel: Logitech G27 Sound: Speakers: Logitech x530 Headset: Razer Chimaera Monitor: Benq G2450HM, LG 32" TV