Unpopular Opinion Thread

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 11:31 AM, ThinkWithPortals said:
  • I really, really like Windows 8.1.
  • I really, really don't like Windows 10.
  • I don't think that having LED fans in a PC build makes it look tacky.
  • IKEA isn't the second coming of Christ.
  • I hate FPSs, including CS:GO (only FPS I like is Half-Life 2)
  • MS Office > Google Docs.
  • Norton Security is an excellent AV.

Me and you would get along pretty well (although I liked CS:GO but its the only FPS I liked)

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

1. I think that Samsung is one of the most overrated companies (on par with apple). First off their phones which are decent now but it's just that people just who switch from an Iphone only go to Samsung and never consider anything else. Second their ssds... They're completely overpriced compared to ocz's or pny's ssds which all have sata 3 speeds for much cheaper yet people still just decide to go with a samsung ssd.

2. I prefer RGB on most products bc then anyone can match whatever color scheme they'd like.

3. My favorite Star Wars is Episode 3 and I think the final battle with Anakin and Obi-wan was the most emotional and best battle of the trilogy

4. I like xperia phones and like the button layout/overall design and software

5. Overwatch is a bad game with no real customization or replayibility. Glad I didn't buy it.

6. I hate when AMD fanboys call out people for just being Nvidia fanboys while AMD has nothing to compete with nvidia or intel. Literally they're most expensive gpu is about 230 and the 1060 is just simply better performance (slightly) and temps

7. I love rts games like SC2 and Total War

18 minutes ago, JefferyD90 said:
  • MS Office > Google Docs.
  •  

Agreed except just the ability to share anything with ease to classmates is just the big thing for docs and why I use it

10 minutes ago, Fungal said:

3. My favorite Star Wars is Episode 3 and I think the final battle with Anakin and Obi-wan was the most emotional and best battle of the trilogy

It's not like it really had a competitor on the battle side. SW movies in general have 2 or 3 proper fights. That, against Darth Maul and pick your last one. :P

I myself prefer against Darth Maul just for Duel of the Fates. But on emotional side it's in class of it's own. Ewan Mcgregors speech kills me every time. 

I'm not taking ep. VII in account. I think III is 2nd best after V.  

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

39 minutes ago, Fungal said:

1. I think that Samsung is one of the most overrated companies (on par with apple). First off their phones which are decent now but it's just that people just who switch from an Iphone only go to Samsung and never consider anything else. Second their ssds... They're completely overpriced compared to ocz's or pny's ssds which all have sata 3 speeds for much cheaper yet people still just decide to go with a samsung ssd.

2. I prefer RGB on most products bc then anyone can match whatever color scheme they'd like.

4. I like xperia phones and like the button layout/overall design and software

5. Overwatch is a bad game with no real customization or replayibility. Glad I didn't buy it.

6. I hate when AMD fanboys call out people for just being Nvidia fanboys while AMD has nothing to compete with nvidia or intel. Literally they're most expensive gpu is about 230 and the 1060 is just simply better performance (slightly) and temps

7. I love rts games like SC2 and Total War

Agree with all of this other than 5 and 6. I thoroughly enjoyed overwatch when I first got it but it got boring and repetitive quickly. I quit for a while but the halloween even is really fun, even more than the normal game. Part of this is because I keep experiencing random spurts of lag (still not sure if it's internet or computer).

Also given for anyone with a budget for greater than 1060, nvidia is the way to go, people tend to forget the value of AMD offerings. For example with the recent release of the 1050ti, the MSRP is 140. For 170 you can get the RX470 which has almost 75% better performance. 140 is just the 1050ti MSRP with no founders edition which means that other models of the card will be even closer to the 170 of the 470. Also I don't think temps are that important as long as they are reasonable which they are with all of the current gen offerings on either side.

37 minutes ago, Fungal said:

Agreed except just the ability to share anything with ease to classmates is just the big thing for docs and why I use it

Yup, Only reason I ever use google docs is to open a document without downloading it (like in gmail) or for a collaboration

Here are a couple of mine

I find hard piping a waste of time, money and functionality 

I like the Noctua color scheme

Air cooling > liquid cooling 

Big air cooler > AIO liquid cooling 

Can't justify an SSDs price per GB over an HDD even though the speed difference 

People who pre-order should be shot on sight.

RGBs on internal hardware are tacky 

On 10/24/2016 at 11:39 AM, Dabombinable said:

Windows ME is far more stable than Windows 10 and 98SE.

I just spat out my coffee

15 minutes ago, MrNehva said:

I just spat out my coffee

Its been true so far on my Abit VP6 (Pentium III 1GHz 1.7V) and Intel SE440BX-2 (Celeron 333A) rigs. And to repair ME, I just need to boot up the recovery floppy, and copy a Windows ME backup from its CD to the HDD-which takes less than 15 minutes total. Instead of a complete re-install.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I don't use the latest driver for anything. Only update them if i encounter some issue driver related. And i fucking hate lights coming from my PC/peripherals... Hit the lights! 

(Btw i have Stix 1070 and it's a fucking xmass tree.) 

5 minutes ago, faziten said:

And i fucking hate lights coming from my PC/peripherals...

Well it is useful on a keyboard in a dark room if your light goes out, of if someone is sleeping. But only slightly backlit, it doesn't have to be Vegas. I could never buy a laptop for instance without backlit keyboard. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

18 hours ago, vizzinin23 said:

You miss having a windows phone? Are you ill sir? Android is life

i miss certain things about it. i miss the contacts system and the home tiles. I also miss the way it ran because unlike my android phone, it didnt feel like it slowed down after 6ish months of owning it. btw the android phone is a galaxy s6 so its not old by any means. it just feels slower

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

apple prebuilts are better than built desktops