Unpopular Opinion Thread

1. I prefer Apple to Andriod (all my friend's androids and died one way or another and my iPhone 5c is still without a scratch)

2. Aesthetics don't matter but RGB LEDS are awful

3. Star Citizen will be an awful game when it is released in the year 4723

4. The Wii U is a good console

5. Cable management doesn't matter

6. Battery life is my first priority in laptops

7. I dont notice a difference above 60fps and 30fps is perfectly good framerate

8. I dont notice much of a difference with 4k either

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Just now, The_Stig said:

1. I prefer Apple to Andriod (all my friend's androids and died one way or another and my iPhone 5c is still without a scratch)

While I'm not the biggest fan of Apple, I really would never buy an Android phone.

Just now, The_Stig said:

I can completely agree with the latter.

Just now, The_Stig said:

It was ok. I think the tremendous amount of negative press is what killed it. All hardware specs aside, it was a good console.

Just now, The_Stig said:

Same.

Just now, The_Stig said:

Kind of similar

Just now, The_Stig said:

I completely disagree. I have motion sickness with anything less than 45fps.....

Just now, The_Stig said:

I also disagree. My laptop is 1824p (weird resolution) and I can absolutely tell the difference between it and 1080p.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

51 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

My laptop is 1824p (weird resolution) and I can absolutely tell the difference between it and 1080p.

Do you mean 1827? There is no res with 1824 horizontal lines.  

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

11 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

There is no res with 1824 horizontal lines.  

Yes there is. 2736x1824............... I know it's the most weird ass resolution on earth but it exists.

display.PNG

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

4 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yes there is. 2736x1824............... I know it's the most weird ass resolution on earth but it exists.

display.PNG

That may be the most random res ever, but I'd still take it over 1366 x 768 any day, ant not just because it's larger.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

6 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

While I'm not the biggest fan of Apple, I really would never buy an Android phone.

Why?

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

1 hour ago, Dash Lambda said:

Why?

I really don't like Google and I actually want phone OS updates.

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

I think you have an update addiction. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I only have a Lenovo k3 note, cheap-ish Chinese Android phone, and I love it, good enough specs for my use and I still get updates for it... and even then if the company stops rolling out updates there's a good mod community for a lot of phones and you can [update]  your phone by flashing a new ROM onto it. There's also lots of other ways to mod your phone too. I have had an android phone of one type or another for going on 10 years now and have yet to have one fail on me completely. I;ve had a few that softbricked and I was able to get going again. Had a tablet hard brick on me and got that working again.

I'm not exactly anti-apple, but I tell my friends and family they are on their own now when it comes to problesm with them if they buy apple stuff... just too locked down, you sometimes have to reboot the phone/tablet if an app bugs out on you... and they are way overpriced IMO. Whereas on android go into apps and force stop the app, saves having to reboot entire device. Oh and just so you know, I think some of the "flagship" android devices are also insanely overpriced... you can get decent specced phones for between $150-$300 from brands such as xiaomi/elephone/lenovo etc.

Anyway, don't wnat this to turn into a fanboy discussion, just wanted to explain why I don't particularly like apple.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

I don't like cars that integrate your phone into the radio. I think the presence of a phone in a car is a distraction, and car companies should not do anything that would encourage people to use their phones in their cars. 

I extra don't like the cars that come with voice sms features. That's just asking for trouble. 

One text or call could wreck it all...

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

Ubisoft isn't that bad.

"Muh windows 10 spyware" isn't a valid argument and people need to grow the fuck up.

iOS> Android

Spoiler

AMD Fanboys are the absolute worst out of all of all the fanboys I've ever seen.

Spoiler

Wiki Leaks isn't a valid source for information.

Spoiler

Hillary isn't that bad.

I dislike AMD purely because of their PR, and advertisements.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

25 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Google's probably the least abruptly hateable of the giant tech companies. Sure, they're everywhere, but they're just sort of... There. And sure, they do a few annoying things, but that's peanuts compared to other companies.

And, as for the update thing, you can update devices even if they aren't handed out for that specific device. Quite easily, in fact, if I'm not mistaken.

Even if they never got updates and Google was actually the most evil group of people in the world, it's still better than an iPhone.

4 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

Google's probably the least abruptly hateable of the giant tech companies. Sure, they're everywhere, but they're just sort of... There. And sure, they do a few annoying things, but that's peanuts compared to other companies.

That reminded me of another unpopular opinion:

- Google is the worst tech corp out there, worse than all the others. Combined. All those years hating silly Microsoft, we had no clue what we were wishing for. It's the Appleness taken to MS scale. It is the perfect example of why we tell our kids to be suspicious about free candy at the school's doors.

8 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

That reminded me of another unpopular opinion:

- Google is the worst tech corp out there, worse than all the others. Combined. All those years hating silly Microsoft, we had no clue what we were wishing for. It's the Appleness taken to MS scale. It is the perfect example of why we tell our kids to be suspicious about free candy at the school's doors.

I realize I'm a tad bit biased for a few reasons, so while I disagree, I'm sure I can't conjure a convincing argument, however good I think it is... So I'll just say, "Appleness?" Apple's business model is to lock you down as much as reasonably possible, Google's is most assuredly not. Sometimes it seems like Google's the only option, but that's not some artificial restriction, it's because they're actually just what everyone naturally uses (which can be seen as a bad thing, I suppose...).

Oh, and Microsoft is tiny in comparison to Google. Sure, MS has the most popular OS and whatnot, lots of fingers in lots of pies, but Google literally IS the internet as nearly everyone interacts with it. They are absolutely everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

So I'll just say, "Appleness?" Apple's business model is to lock you down as much as reasonably possible, Google's is most assuredly not.

Exactly. That's part of how Google brought the part that it shares with Apple to a completely different scale. I never said google was Apple, only that it took a bunch of Apple's bad things  :P  Google doesn't lock you in a cell, it actually opens your cell for free. While it buys the prison.

7 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Sometimes it seems like Google's the only option, but that's not some artificial restriction, it's because they're actually just what everyone naturally uses (which can be seen as a bad thing, I suppose...).

That's the Microsoftness :P Apple never seems the only option, in fact Apple has always remained almost on purpose as the minority choice. Ubiquity comes from the MS side.

9 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Oh, and Microsoft is tiny in comparison to Google. Sure, MS has the most popular OS and whatnot, lots of fingers in lots of pies, but Google literally IS the internet as nearly everyone interacts with it. They are absolutely everywhere.

Once again: we used to complain about MS monopoly, we sweet summer children... :D

Anyway: this is the Unpopular Opinions thread, you are not supposed to agree with me. If you did, it would invalidate my post by making it too popular.

12 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Exactly. That's part of how Google brought the part that it shares with Apple to a completely different scale. I never said google was Apple, only that it took a bunch of Apple's bad things  :P  Google doesn't lock you in a cell, it actually opens your cell for free. While it buys the prison.

I guess that makes sense. Pretty comfy prison, though.

13 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

That's the Microsoftness :P Apple never seems the only option, in fact Apple has always remained almost on purpose as the minority choice. Ubiquity comes from the MS side.

Once again: We used to complain about MS monopoly, we sweet summer children... :D

I hate Microsoft because they're using their monopoly to do things that feel like they're intentionally screwing me over. Google's just sort of there. Sure, they might be screwing me over, but they're doing it... Quietly. In a way that I care less about.

18 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Anyway: this is the Unpopular Opinions thread, you are not supposed to agree with me. If you did, it would invalidate my post by making it too popular.

Oh, like I said, I'm not arguing that Google's not evil, just that they're nothing like the other companies. I don't think they're evil, but I've got a strange thing with Google.

My guilty pleasure is I actually kind of like Nickelback.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

On 10/24/2016 at 5:33 AM, The_Stig said:

1. Preference not really much to say

2. ''

3. AGREED

4. AGREED

5. Meh it's whatever but I like things that look nice

6. Wow you must take it out a lot

7. I used to think this until I started playing games. The second it goes down to 30 FPS I feel like its stuttering and it actually impacts my gameplay.

8. You might have been too far from the TV (or content wasn't 4k). I thought this too until I looked at a 4k monitor.

On 10/24/2016 at 2:20 PM, niofalpha said:

Ubisoft isn't that bad.

"Muh windows 10 spyware" isn't a valid argument and people need to grow the fuck up.

iOS> Android

Reveal hidden contents

I dislike AMD purely because of their PR, and advertisements.

1. I just hate UPLAY.

2. I disagree but what can we do?

3. Preference but I dont think that's unpopular

Both US Presidential Candidates are more than qualified to run the Country and should be praised for having the courage to run for their respective parties.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

3 hours ago, bobhays said:

8. You might have been too far from the TV (or content wasn't 4k). I thought this too until I looked at a 4k monitor.

I own a 4k 60hz monitor that I use every day and whenever possible, I used to stream 4k video.etc but I didn't notice much of a difference.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

On 9/27/2016 at 10:52 AM, SlipperyPete said:

Hey guys. Just wanna hear and discuss your unpopular tech opinions. 

heres mine: i like windows 10 mobile and i miss the platform a bit since i switched to android

You miss having a windows phone? Are you ill sir? Android is life

I hate LED filled PCs, i had one before and i hated how the end product was. 

I also like older heavy and blank cases, like my Chieftec.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

6 hours ago, The_Stig said:

I own a 4k 60hz monitor that I use every day and whenever possible, I used to stream 4k video.etc but I didn't notice much of a difference.

Oh welp, I have nothing

5 hours ago, Brian McKee said:

AMD's low end offerings are significantly better than Nvidia's.

Is this actually unpopular?

4 hours ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Silicon is silicon, doesn't matter if it's coming from AMD, NVIDIA or Intel. You pick whichever performs the best for the money you have and you're done

Also, performance per dollar is a wholly useless metric

yea, but a lot of times there's also software and features. Like Intel has SSD Caching drivers which are a cool feature. AMD has freesync. etc.

Why is performance per dollar useless? It helps people find the most efficient way to spend money. Or do you mean in the sense where they compare only a graphics card and say like $/Frame because that is almost useless.

4 hours ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

I don't understand why people hate Hillary Clinton

A lot of reasons ranging from her changing views to whatever is popular, taking Sander's positions because of pressure, the DNC rigging.