NEW! Metal Gear Survival

SImoHayha

After the tragic and recent downfall of Konami, apparently they decided to even go farther down the rabbit hole with a brand new Metal Gear Solid game called Metal Gear Survival.

This game takes place in a alternate place and timeline where I guess, the wormhole device made for lifting and teleportation goes completely awry and sucks some of the MSF soldiers from their destroyed Motherbase, this takes place during the ending of Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes.

Its going to be a four player, survival/horror/stealth game and trying to get back home. 

As a hardcore Metal Gear Solid fan am pretty interested and sad and grateful at the same time. Grateful that they decided to not fuck up the Metal Gear Solid timeline/story and sad that they didn't do a bloody giant prequel of when Jack ( Naked Snake A.K.A Big Boss ) met the boss and developed CQC and went on adventures together. Oh well, it looks somewhat interesting and heck might even contain some elements from the current MGSV:PP multiplayer such as jacking stuff from peoples bases and making an army.

Here is the trailer if your interested. Beware its has hella dislikes of course, since many fans and even I hate the darn thing. 

Sources : http://www.gamespot.com/articles/metal-gear-survive-announced-watch-first-trailer-f/1100-6442715/

http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/17/12514828/metal-gear-survive-trailer-konami-ps4-xbox-one-pc

What do you lads think. Post down below

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

So its like a spin off co-op zombie game

I mean, the game looks fun, and im sure the gameplay will be great and maybe even have a passable story

but .. its not Metal Gear Solid :( and it makes me cry

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

35 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

So its like a spin off co-op zombie game

I mean, the game looks fun, and im sure the gameplay will be great and maybe even have a passable story

but .. its not Metal Gear Solid :( and it makes me cry

Looking from the trailer, it's not to be, but I wonder if there's any stealth elements to that co-op game... The co-op stealth mission in Battlefield 4 was one of my favorites, and having something similar with zombies would, I imagine, be quite fun.

I wonder if there will be ways to approach the missions with stealth, sneaking past zombies instead of killing them. 

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

8 minutes ago, ElfenSky said:

Looking from the trailer, it's not to be, but I wonder if there's any stealth elements to that co-op game... The co-op stealth mission in Battlefield 4 was one of my favorites, and having something similar with zombies would, I imagine, be quite fun.

I wonder if there will be ways to approach the missions with stealth, sneaking past zombies instead of killing them. 

Its metal gear solid, im 99% sure there will be stealth

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Let them launch it at the same time as left for dead 3 that'll make a good competition!

survival, co-op, zombie game... how original :dry:. Let me guess there will also be crafting?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

God damn it Konami...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

1 hour ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Its metal gear solid, im 99% sure there will be stealth

It's not Metal Gear Solid, it's just Metal Gear, just like Metal Gear Rising was, I doubt there will be much of a stealth system.

54 minutes ago, Nizkus said:

It's not Metal Gear Solid, it's just Metal Gear, just like Metal Gear Rising was, I doubt there will be much of a stealth system.

Yes yes I know its not Solid, if this was a completely off the wall game it might be ok, but it seems to be set in the MGS V universe and a continuation of sorts, heck it might even have a follow on story elements i dont know!

Rising was designed to be a spin off and is only Semi canon

either way, this is certainly not the metal gear game the fans want

Konami is trying to milk the most they can on the MGS franchise; it's kind of unsurprising but remains disappointing.

First they killed MGS V by crippling Kojima's ideas, and now what ? Too lazy to actually gives the franchise the end it deserves ?

I'm not a MGS fan, but I won't buy this game.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

How about cyborgs vs cyborgs in a good complex fun way.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Still no match for the New Cod Trailer which has about 1 dislike for every view, almost 3.2 million dislikes, and almost 32 million views, now.

and Ghostbusters just barely passed 1mil dislikes, with just under 40mil views.

6aa90a988c.png

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

37 minutes ago, LucidMew said:

Still no match for the New Cod Trailer which has about 1 dislike for every view, almost 32 million of them now.

and Ghostbusters just barely passed 1mil dislikes, with just under 40mil views.

6aa90a988c.png

Last time I checked, 3.2 million doesn't equal 32 million.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Konami mentioned something interesting. They're pressing a new game. They claim what they're doing is the missing piece, a game to surpass Federation Force (in unwantedness.)

What an abomination... I haven't had my hopes high for a non-Kojima MG. But this is beyond... bad. Everything about it is just wrong. It's like 180 degrees turn to what the idea of the game used to be with Kojima behind the wheel. Convoluted plot (alright, this is a little early to judge, but), originality... As a fan since MGS on PSX I'm very disappointed. I could accept it as a 20$ buck expansion/DLC (tho Metal Gear Online's netcode is beyond broken). But fitting it in with Ground Zero's events? That's a no.

ZOMBIE CO-OP xD ?????

THIS IS WHAT KONAMI DOES xD ?

what a load of shit xD

#ripKonami2017

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Disgusting.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

9 hours ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

The laugh track makes it better

#FuckKonami

Dat mini-rant he goes on toward the end is RIDICULOUS....  pretty much how many people feel.

1 hour ago, raphidy said:

Well... at least it's not a pachinko game.

the pachinko game is better than this xD 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>