Autodetect for the spam chinese univeristy

Clanscorpia

Something that detects it and automatically deletes it

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

The mods do their best to snuff it out as quickly as possible. Usually its gone within 15 minutes but, since they are only human, can remain up a bit longer. Just ignore them and do NOT click on any link in the posts if their are any as they likely contain viruses and malware. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, legacy99 said:

The mods do their best to snuff it out as quickly as possible. Usually its gone within 15 minutes but, since they are only human, can remain up a bit longer. Just ignore then and do NOT click on any link in the posts if their are any as they likely contain viruses and malware. 

I know, I always just see them and laugh

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

I know, I always just see them and laugh

Yep. And what they are actually advertising is writing your college papers, thesis etc and plagiarizing them for pay. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

There is no fool proof system. Otherwise it would already be in place. You can read why there isn't profanity filter here. Reasons are mainly same.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

There is no fool proof system. Otherwise it would already be in place. You can read why there isn't profanity filter here. Reasons are mainly same.

I kno0w, I created the last thread for that xD Every post with chinese letters has been one of those from what I can see

Spoiler

AXIOM

This seems to be getting kind of out of hand now though.

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Cooler Noctua NH-D15S | MB Asus ROG Strix B550 A-Gaming | RAM 2 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal silver 16 GB @ 3200 MHz CL14 | GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 8G

Case Fractal Design Define C TG | SSD(s) Boot: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GBPrograms: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TBData: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | PSU Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Screen(s) Main: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-mhd, Second: Asus PB277Q, Third: LG Flatron E2240T | Keyboard Ducky One (MX Blues) | Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming

Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X PCIe, System: Edifier R1280DB | OS Windows 10, 64 Bit

7 minutes ago, intelCore said:

I do agree, but they are getting around the bot filters in place so honestly there is probably no way to be able to stop it. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Just now, legacy99 said:

I do agree, but they are getting around the bot filters in place so honestly there is probably no way to be able to stop it. 

Might it not be possible to just exclude the chinese/arabic character set from the allowed characters?

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Cooler Noctua NH-D15S | MB Asus ROG Strix B550 A-Gaming | RAM 2 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal silver 16 GB @ 3200 MHz CL14 | GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 8G

Case Fractal Design Define C TG | SSD(s) Boot: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GBPrograms: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TBData: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | PSU Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Screen(s) Main: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-mhd, Second: Asus PB277Q, Third: LG Flatron E2240T | Keyboard Ducky One (MX Blues) | Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming

Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X PCIe, System: Edifier R1280DB | OS Windows 10, 64 Bit

Just now, intelCore said:

Might it not be possible to just exclude the chinese/arabic character set from the allowed characters?

they could, but then they could run into the issue of racial bias and all the legal ramifications from discrimination which I doubt that John wants to deal with at LMG. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Just now, legacy99 said:

they could, but then they could run into the issue of racial bias and all the legal ramifications from discrimination which I doubt that John wants to deal with at LMG. 

Would it not be more racial bias if minors started to use a language that only a very specific audience can understand and nobody else? Why not just put english as official forum language? Or is that already too racist because language obviously belongs to a certain race?

4 minutes ago, intelCore said:

Would it not be more racial bias if minors started to use a language that only a very specific audience can understand and nobody else? Why not just put english as official forum language? Or is that already too racist because language obviously belongs to a certain race?

I will use this as one example.

In Australia you guys have a Polynesian culture and descendants. Would it be fair to disallow them to use their language to speak to each other in public because its not the "official" language? 

It would be considered racial profiling to ban a certain language and would open LMG to a slew of lawsuits, complaints and lots of legal litigation that they don't need nor want. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

I will use this as one example.

In Australia you guys have a Polynesian culture and descendants. Would it be fair to disallow them to use their language to speak to each other in public because its not the "official" language? 

It would be considered racial profiling to ban a certain language and would open LMG to a slew of lawsuits, complaints and lots of legal litigation that they don't need nor want. 

First of all I am from austria and not australia. Second we are not talking about a public language in a certain area but an international forum with a worldwide audience. If everyone just started using their own language good luck helping anyone. This is not a country and this has nothing to do with racial profiling as language has nothing to do with race.

How is it that as soon as you set a requirement to use something or go to a specific country it is racist? Canada must be really racist then towards all the people trying to migrate and do not speak the countries language.

You need a driving license to drive a car is that racist too towards those that have no driving license?

1 minute ago, intelCore said:

First of all I am from austria and not australia. Second we are not talking about a public language in a certain area but an international forum with a worldwide audience. If everyone just started using their own language good luck helping anyone. This is not a country and this has nothing to do with racial profiling as language has nothing to do with race.

How is it that as soon as you set a requirement to use something or go to a specific country it is racist? Canada must be really racist then towards all the people trying to migrate and do not speak the countries language.

You need a driving license to drive a car is that racist too towards those that have no driving license?

My apologies on the country snafu. 

I get where you are coming from, I truly do. But even though you and I understand that banning a language itself may not have anything to do with race, but it just takes that one person. Like someone who spills their coffee in their lap from McDonalds, but because it did not say caution hot on the cup, they were able to sue McDonalds and get a very large settlement. It would be implied that coffee is quite hot, but on just that one technicality they were able to extract a sum of money from McDonalds for something that is common sense knowledge. 

One thing you did touch on and note is the worldwide audience and international forum. This is very true. That audience speaks hundreds of different languages, Aribic, english, spanish, portugese, french, etc.. It is not good, from a public relations or legal stand point, to ban a specific language type to post on a message board. Again, you have 99 people who understand the logic and reasoning, but it just takes that 1 person. 

Your drivers license analog is flawed. How would that be racist? The license is required to ensure you know and understand the traffic laws of the given state, country, territory your getting it in and to ensure you can operate a vehicle safely. That has nothing to with race. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Detecting spam in a foolproof way is basically impossible, though we do have several technical measures in place already to make spam as infrequent as possible, and we are looking into additional options to reduce the amount of spam even further.

HTTP/2 203

32 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

My apologies on the country snafu. 

I get where you are coming from, I truly do. But even though you and I understand that banning a language itself may not have anything to do with race, but it just takes that one person. Like someone who spills their coffee in their lap from McDonalds, but because it did not say caution hot on the cup, they were able to sue McDonalds and get a very large settlement. It would be implied that coffee is quite hot, but on just that one technicality they were able to extract a sum of money from McDonalds for something that is common sense knowledge. 

One thing you did touch on and note is the worldwide audience and international forum. This is very true. That audience speaks hundreds of different languages, Aribic, english, spanish, portugese, french, etc.. It is not good, from a public relations or legal stand point, to ban a specific language type to post on a message board. Again, you have 99 people who understand the logic and reasoning, but it just takes that 1 person. 

Your drivers license analog is flawed. How would that be racist? The license is required to ensure you know and understand the traffic laws of the given state, country, territory your getting it in and to ensure you can operate a vehicle safely. That has nothing to with race. 

All good.

That kind of lawsuit is only viable in your country and it does not work like that on (most of) the rest of the world. What you are saying is that literally anything with a language requirement is racist or could be sued at least which would include every single job since every job on this planet requires a certain language which is in most cases either the countries native language or english (or in translation jobs the language required to translate from or into).

Also we are losing track of what this is about. This is about getting rid of bots (which obviously do not help anyone in this community) through limiting the character set and not banning languages!

Exactly! How could that be racist? I bet if you had a driving license test with a white man succeeding and a black man failing this could already be considered racist because the black man was not treated like the white man was. But as you said yourself that is not racist as it has nothing to do with race.

My point is requirements have a reason why they are in place. For the driving license it is indeed the points you have mentioned. For certain languages it is because if we want to exchange information (and that is obviously the point of this forum) we need to understand each other. LMG could make a forum for each and every language so that the people knowing that language can talk to each other. Ask LMG how much effort that would be also this would seperate yet again.

And then again what use would it have to someone who posts in arabic with nobody answering him because nobody who speaks his language is online at that time (although I have to say I have never ever seen a single serious post that was written in another language than english on here and was not in the specific sub forum like for example german talk, which would still be there as it was before because the character set is the same), while the bots go on spamming so his post is getting shifted out of the "recent topics" section and his post would probably never be seen again?

You can apply racism to anything the requires something but not because it is racist but because the requirement was not met by that particular person. Requirements are not racist. It is people who execute them on only one race. That would make it racist.

11 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Detecting spam in a foolproof way is basically impossible, though we do have several technical measures in place already to make spam as infrequent as possible, and we are looking into additional options to reduce the amount of spam even further.

Understood.

Question: all the spam written in Mandarin that we've had so far has been on the same subject, and all the spam written in Arabic has been on the same subject. Is it possible that each type of spam is just coming from one person who keeps making accounts, spamming with them in their respective languages, getting banned and repeating? Are you guys able to tell what IPs they're coming from, and see if they are the same IPs every time? And if this is the case, could IP bans be a solution?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

2 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Understood.

Question: all the spam written in Mandarin that we've had so far has been on the same subject, and all the spam written in Arabic has been on the same subject. Is it possible that each type of spam is just coming from one person who keeps making accounts, spamming with them in their respective languages, getting banned and repeating? Are you guys able to tell what IPs they're coming from, and see if they are the same IPs every time? And if this is the case, could IP bans be a solution?

If they used the same IP address, they would be caught by the spam filter.

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

If they used the same IP address, they would be caught by the spam filter.

So bottom line to this: There is no solution for that as of now? Limiting character set is also not an option?

44 minutes ago, intelCore said:

So bottom line to this: There is no solution for that as of now? Limiting character set is also not an option?

It is neither an option, nor a proportional or effective response. It would help some spam, sure, but there is plenty of other spam that would be unaffected. The fact that you have only noticed this spam should show you how well the current system is working, and it is only on the rare occasion that it lasts for more than a couple of minutes that it is noticed by more than a few people.

HTTP/2 203

2 hours ago, intelCore said:

Well there exist threads for multiple languages that are not English on this forum (Dutch Talk, German Talk and I think Italian and French exist too), so not allowing Arabic and Asian languages on the forum would not be fair.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Well there exist threads for multiple languages that are not English on this forum (Dutch Talk, German Talk and I think Italian and French exist too), so not allowing Arabic and Asian languages on the forum would not be fair.

It could be allowed in off topic

Spoiler

AXIOM

3 hours ago, intelCore said:

I type in arabic every once in a while

that would make it hard

and you also get hindi ads

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

3 hours ago, intelCore said:

You must be new here :P 

In 2014 kitchen and bathroom advertisements reined supreme!